• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can humans truly understand God?

Clara Tea

Hammer. For the moment, try not to get into an argumentative mode and please tell me if you understood what a methodological approach is. Just be open minded at least only about this particular question.

Do you understand what a methodological approach is? If you didn't understand what I mean its fine I will explain what that is. Just respond without thinking this is an argument. This is not an argument.

I don't want to argue about whether or not this is an argument, or I might lose the argument.

Clara Tea

Certainly our little mortal realm is about differences, and disagreements are all part of the fun, and I'm not being facetious here - I prefer to see the happy side of things. Similarly to this realm's differences, meditation differs, and it can be fun or painful, and particularly, when fighting the body's consciousness and thoughts, which get suspicious and defensive when a person tries distancing themselves from those bodily concerns and connections, because the body's primary objective is keeping you safe. Meditation, as I known it then, is disconnection. You are seeking that which is beyond mortal, therefore, you must temporarily disconnect from that which is mortal.

If you can do that, you may see beyond. But as to "knowing God's pure existence..." Wow, I don't think so, although who knows, I certainly don't...

Good luck!

It helps to seek the solitude of a high mountain retreat.

There, we can meditate about why we went to such a cold place, a place difficult to get to, and a place that is difficult to come back from. Is it, perhaps, to seek the knowledge of a high guru? If so, why would he be there?

The Incas built a high mountain retreat, and they designed it brilliantly. But, why put all that thought into making a habitable high mountain retreat?

Once we meditate, and think of all the things that annoy us, and block them out one at a time, what do we achieve?

Is the achievement to better ourselves, or should we focus on bettering mankind? Should we consider that God made nature, and that we should protect it?

Many Christians believe that we are now going to rapture to heaven, so we won't be needing God's natural world any longer. We will leave behind a toxic septic ooze, where once beautiful life once thrived.

Did God make the world for us? That is an egocentric view of it. But, then why did God make mosquitos? Maybe the clue is in the fact that we are made of meat (so we are food for other creatures, including for mosquitos). Yet, we derive almost nothing useful from mosquitos. Clearly, then, the world is more for the mosquitos than for us.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
What Gods are? What God is?

If you believe in the trinity, is that plural or singular or both?

Can God understand humans?

Can God grasp the concept that He made flawed humans, then blames humans for being flawed, and tortures their poor souls for eternity if they don't turn out any better than He made them.
Of course God understand humans, God created us ( in my belief)
I believe humans have the choice to not sin if they want to come closer to God.
I do not believe in a Hell that is eternity, only tempororarly

Clara Tea

Not a valid analogy. This is what I guessed will happen Hammer. Whataboutism.

Tell me. What is the up-time of the most stable computer in the whole wide world? (Since the computer will run the game).

Perhaps, in this random world, stability is not the goal?

Clara Tea

Of course God understand humans, God created us ( in my belief)
I believe humans have the choice to not sin if they want to come closer to God.
I do not believe in a Hell that is eternity, only tempororarly

I think that it is possible to create something greater than one's self. For example, I have difficulty, in my mind, without the use of a computer, taking the cube root of 340987. But, we can build a computer to easily do it. This doesn't mean that it is better than we are in all aspects.

Could it be that God is not the all-knowing creature that you think He is? What if he is rather dumb, as we are?

We must consider the idea that alien UFOs visiting earth might be considered smart to build their spacecrafts. Yet, they might be like average car drivers (press this pedal to go, press this one to stop).

Could it be that God is not the smart one? Or maybe God didn't make the universe, but is merely the janitor who was left behind?

If God is all knowing, why do we have to go to hell?

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Humans claim to understand I own a belief. I say the subject and topic is God. So I make all the choices exactly myself.

So what are you claiming?

In science they say they look for god as first substance that owned why all substances existed.

So what's the name? As Mr know it all already knows it all.

He then says I calculated it.

Writing adding some numbers.

So where is it?

Invisible he says as my numbers aren't manifest yet.

Oh so you create God then?

True conscious review human men lie.

For example he says a man came from out of space as an alien. As life exists in heavens only.

Whose making the claim....a living human man.

So you then advise him if an alien came from out of space it's not you.

As you the man is telling the belief as a man and human. Inside heavens. Total cosmic itself as space was filled in.

Earth mass he says is equal to any other mass. Our heavens supersedes it all. So you cannot argue. As it fills in empty space as spirit.

We live as spirit not mass said humans.

Then he has to make another thesis.

As it's never just one thought one advice to state I'm advised. It's lots of different topics and subjects. So then he changes his mind claiming it's everything. Lying again.

So as earths heavens is a heavens mass first he cannot use any of its terms. To tell a story about any other out term.

Where's the alien then?

Just some idea sitting in out of space actually.

So he knows he's not an alien.

So then you have to ask why are you lying for.

As that's who a human man theist for science is. A fake storyteller.

As first he exists. A man human no argument whatsoever. Secondly he tells what he believes as he looks at the highest forms. Coldest presence.

So he can't claim anything less actually.

Status or else you'll start disappearing. As he already human claimed dominion owner first. Highest.

Hence disappeared man is why the alien is believed. Disappeared man is not only deceased out of bio man life by memory informed... but physically biologically removed too.

Why God theists as past technology were not liked nor were they correct as humans. As earths own story said so.

O earth is a planet held in space...no human involved.

Heavens evolved as heavens its own body. No man involved.

So you didn't invent God.

The difference between a self righteous theist is his natural minded brother. A human too.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I think that it is possible to create something greater than one's self. For example, I have difficulty, in my mind, without the use of a computer, taking the cube root of 340987. But, we can build a computer to easily do it. This doesn't mean that it is better than we are in all aspects.

Could it be that God is not the all-knowing creature that you think He is? What if he is rather dumb, as we are?

We must consider the idea that alien UFOs visiting earth might be considered smart to build their spacecrafts. Yet, they might be like average car drivers (press this pedal to go, press this one to stop).

Could it be that God is not the smart one? Or maybe God didn't make the universe, but is merely the janitor who was left behind?

If God is all knowing, why do we have to go to hell?
I have no reason to doubt God

samtonga43

A step closer to God is to empty the heart of any ill intention toward anyone and to ones own being, and to fill our being with love and kindness. (in my understanding)
I believe that when God draws us to Himself, He will fill our being with all we need to be truly ourselves and therefore truly His.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Is it in your understanding possible to understand what a God truly are?

When people discuss or debate about God. Do they actually understand God?

OP starter's
I don't know God (i believe in God)
I don't think my understanding about God is actually the right understanding.
Yes, at one level we have the idea of a benevolent all-powerful being who's in charge and will look after us as long as we respect [him].

No, at another level, this being exists only as a concept or thing imagined in individual brains. There's no description of God in realistic terms such that if we found a real candidate, we could determine whether this was God or not.

Nor is there any coherent concept of 'godness' that I've found, the real quality a real God would have and a real superscientist who could create universes, travel in time, raise the dead and so on, would lack.

Yet we don't know of any culture in the world that doesn't have some form or other of supernatural beliefs, so gods are a particularly human phenomenon.

firedragon

Veteran Member
All I know is that total selflessness is probably the most difficult path to take and probably requires great compassion with a wise use of empathy. I know people who don't strike a balance between self care and selflessness, and try to always be there for others. Their selflessness has left them broken, spent, and used to the point where they don't take care of themselves very well. I see that maybe they desperately need wisdom to be selfless. Perhaps there is meaningful advice God could give them.

In my religion self care is the first need I have, because no one else can. Through working on myself, and knowing myself, and caring for myself, I have more opportunities to be selfless because I can get to the point where I can afford it. Basically if I can't help myself, I can't help others, and am of no service to anybody.

From what you said here, I think a good read to resonate for you would be the Buddha's dushkara kriya period and his transition to madhyama prathipadha.

Qwin

It helps to seek the solitude of a high mountain retreat.

There, we can meditate about why we went to such a cold place, a place difficult to get to, and a place that is difficult to come back from. Is it, perhaps, to seek the knowledge of a high guru? If so, why would he be there?

The Incas built a high mountain retreat, and they designed it brilliantly. But, why put all that thought into making a habitable high mountain retreat?

Once we meditate, and think of all the things that annoy us, and block them out one at a time, what do we achieve?

Is the achievement to better ourselves, or should we focus on bettering mankind? Should we consider that God made nature, and that we should protect it?

Many Christians believe that we are now going to rapture to heaven, so we won't be needing God's natural world any longer. We will leave behind a toxic septic ooze, where once beautiful life once thrived.

Did God make the world for us? That is an egocentric view of it. But, then why did God make mosquitos? Maybe the clue is in the fact that we are made of meat (so we are food for other creatures, including for mosquitos). Yet, we derive almost nothing useful from mosquitos. Clearly, then, the world is more for the mosquitos than for us.

Not sure how to answer, except thanks, as you seem to be making statements.

InChrist

Free4ever
Is it in your understanding possible to understand what a God truly are?

When people discuss or debate about God. Do they actually understand God?

OP starter's
I don't know God (i believe in God)
I don't think my understanding about God is actually the right understanding.
I think the infinite God is so far beyond finite human ability to understand that there is no way we could understand God without His providing revelation and information to us. I have come to the conclusion that the biblical scriptures and the Person Jesus Christ were given so that humanity may know God.

...And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
John 17:3

...And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings, 27 so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; 28 for in Him we live and move and have our being, as also some of your own poets have said, ‘For we are also His offspring.’ 29 Therefore, since we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, something shaped by art and man’s devising. 30 Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent, 31 because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead.” Acts 17:26-31