• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can good people go to hell?

Demonslayer

As the story goes, one day there was nothing, except the blue fairy.

Then the blue fairy made everything.

At first humans were blue too, but the blue fairy wanted to be special and besides, so she made them pink and brown.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Yes my religion says that God created you.

So, let's recapitulate:

1) Your religion teaches that God created me
2) I exist
3) Ergo, God exists

is that your allegedly not circular argument?

Ciao

- viole

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
As you perhaps know, my religion says all sorts of things to confuse people. It says there are a million deities. But then it also says in our oldest book, RigVeda, that Gods came after the creation of the universe. :D

"Who verily knows and who can here declare it, whence it was born and whence comes this creation?
The Gods are later than this world's production. Who knows then whence it first came into being?"
http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/rigveda/rv10129.htm

uncung

So, let's recapitulate:

1) Your religion teaches that God created me
2) I exist
3) Ergo, God exists

is that your allegedly not circular argument?

Ciao

- viole
Of course you do exist because God create you. It is logic.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Of course you do exist because God create you. It is logic.

It's faulty logic. It is assuming the conclusion in the premises. Namely, that what your religion tells you is true.

Ciao

- viole

uncung

It's faulty logic. It is assuming the conclusion in the premises. Namely, that what your religion tells you is true.

Ciao

- viole
You accuse the fact as the faulty logic. Of course my religion always tells the true things.

Rapture Era

You are a most unusual Christian. I very much respect your attitude here....and isn't it sad that your attitude surprises me.
Practically all the Christians I know have the same attitude that I do. The problem is the word Christian. There are many groups that call themselves Christians and have sadly done things in the name of Christianity that Jesus would have never condoned. But, people will point fingers and say look what those Christians did! They broad brush everyone who says they are a Christian. Personally, I try to hold to this commandment of Jesus:. . . . . . . . "and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.The second is this: Love your neighbor as yourself, no other commandment is greater than these."
Its easier said than done for sure because there are some people that are very hard to like let alone love!:(

Last edited: