• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can good atheists go to heaven??

Glaurung

Denizen of Niflheim
Whilst it is my hope that all find the mercy of God, the premise that salvation is principally 'earned' by being 'good' is flawed from a Christian perspective. Salvation requires repentance; it requires that one accept Christ. (Even if only implicitly due to invincible ignorance). Which is not likely if one culpably denies existence of God.

Of course even the staunchest atheist can at any moment invoke God, even in the last seconds of life. Thus it is always inappropriate to presume on anyone's final destiny.

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
To the OP, it appears the Pope Francis may think it's possible. As for me, I have no belief in heaven but I'm not going so far as to say it can't exist.

Now, I do know there's a hell, but it's formal name is "Religious Forums", and you all are just demons. :imp: