• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can God have a Son?

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Sure. For the panentheist, every son is God's son, and every daughter is God's daughter. ^_^

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Zeus is myth ;)
Atheists say the same for Allah. What makes your opinion of Zeus being myth and someone else who thinks that Zeus is real and Allah is myth being any more valid?

As to 'son', I think yes, it may be. Naturally a disembodied incorporeal entity is incapable of having a LITERAL, biological son with a corporeal entity, but I've not many who believe this, contrary to popular claims.

The idea of what 'son of God' is amongst Muslims is misunderstood, IMHO.

Flankerl

No.

(different religions may have different opinions about it)
(also didnt watched the video, i have already seen enough videos to know that Islam is the best thing in the whole universe)

AhmadSyahir

No.

(different religions may have different opinions about it)
(also didnt watched the video, i have already seen enough videos to know that Islam is the best thing in the whole universe)

This is for Abrahamic religion. This man speaking through many point of view of Christian, Islam and Judaism. He don't blindly say' my religion is good' and 'your religion is so wrong'. He speak according to what was written in Bible and Quran.

AhmadSyahir

Atheists say the same for Allah. What makes your opinion of Zeus being myth and someone else who thinks that Zeus is real and Allah is myth being any more valid?

As to 'son', I think yes, it may be. Naturally a disembodied incorporeal entity is incapable of having a LITERAL, biological son with a corporeal entity, but I've not many who believe this, contrary to popular claims.

The idea of what 'son of God' is amongst Muslims is misunderstood, IMHO.

Through the logical thinking. We can't say anything without proof. For religion people, scripture is a proof. I don't to discuss about scripture here. Watch the video first. It's not about 'your religion is wrong' and 'mine was right'. It just simply 'Can God have a Son?'.

AhmadSyahir

that would make God even more capable of having a Son than him :p

I mean he is God, isn´t abrahmic god supposed to be omnipotent? :shrug:

*granted, haven´t seen the video yet, though I am going to it now :D *

If Zues has son, there will be many Godly-human on this world!! :run:
Same goes if everyone are the son and daughter of God, all of us will be a Godly-Human :p
This video actually telling that God cannot have Son.
*according to abrahamic religion scripture.

Last edited:

Villager

If you're religious person, I have a question for you. Can God have a Son?
That's a good question, too good to be kept to oneself. If you're not a religious person, can God have a Son?

Of course he can. God can do what he likes. God can have a train set.

What does the phrase 'the Son of God' mean? Does it mean that God had sexual intercourse, and fathered a child? Or might that be 'the son of God'?

Can man misinterpret? Of course he can. Man does what he likes.

'The Son of God' does mean that God fathered a child, to some people, apparently. To others, it means 'the manifestation of God', or Immanuel, God, with us. But that's a meaning too far, for man who does what he likes.

AhmadSyahir

That's a good question, too good to be kept to oneself. If you're not a religious person, can God have a Son?

Of course he can. God can do what he likes. God can have a train set.

What does the phrase 'the Son of God' mean? Does it mean that God had sexual intercourse, and fathered a child? Or might that be 'the son of God'?

Can man misinterpret? Of course he can. Man does what he likes.

'The Son of God' does mean that God fathered a child, to some people, apparently. To others, it means 'the manifestation of God', or Immanuel, God, with us. But that's a meaning too far, for man who does what he likes.

According to(God have son) Christian? Yes.
-Islam? No.
-Judaism? I don't know but you can inform me if
you know
Let's watch the video first before commenting. Shall we?:rainbow1:

Heathen Hammer

Nope, you're still wrong
The next step is to verify the scripture. A man can write a scripture but it will not be as the same as what was given by God.
Well that's just an arbitrary requirement. How would you be able to verify scriptural writings by Zeus, exactly? Allah isn't going to be giving any writings on Zeus, so, this is ridiculous, isn't it? Your God has no say over the writings of other Gods. What happened to logical thinking?