• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can Carrots Kill Cancer Cells ???

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Where's the scientific data that supports this? These pages are very simplistic diet related advice. Just because some yayhoo says this works, it doesn't mean it works. You need verification.

And this really bothers me:

AXIOM: NO CANCER TREATMENT WILL BE MORE EFFECTIVE THAN THE CANCER DIET!!!!!

FFH

Veteran Member
The Food and Drug Administration has done all in their power to shut up independent research on this subject.

It makes no difference to those who know the truth.

Do it God's way, or you'll die prematurely, with or without conventional cancer treatments.

My wife's mother died in about 5 months of discovering she had pancreatic cancer. She went through all the treatments, but it continued to spread throughout her digestive system and quickly took her life.

Fluffy

A fool
The first link makes the claim:
Cooking food destroys 100% of all enzymes in a food. Because many foods contain the necessary enzymes needed to digest that food (and get the nutrients out of the food), cooking food places a great burden on our body and does not allow you to get as many nutrients out of the food.
It is true that enzymes only work within a certain heat range and that cooking food will certainly destroy all the enzymes in food. However, enzymes are equally fussy about the pH level and the vast majority will be destroyed by stomach acid if they are ingested. The enzymes in the stomach are specifically attuned to the pH level of the stomach but those found in food are not.

It is also unclear from the page what this has to do with treating cancer but if it is pivotal to the argument then the argument appears to be based upon a faulty premise.

FFH

Veteran Member
Where's the scientific data that supports this? These pages are very simplistic diet related advice. Just because some yayhoo says this works, it doesn't mean it works. You need verification.

And this really bothers me:

AXIOM: NO CANCER TREATMENT WILL BE MORE EFFECTIVE THAN THE CANCER DIET!!!!!
You need to go back and fix your link

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Do it God's way or you'll die prematurely, with or without conventional cancer treatments.
Are you saying God is against medicine?

My wife's mother died in about 5 months of discovering she had pancreatic cancer. She went through all the treatments, but it continued to spread throughout her digestive system and quickly took her life.
Are you implying she'd be alive if she followed this "Cancer Diet"?

FFH

Veteran Member
Are you saying God is against medicine?
No, but he's against man altered foods which are killing us, which, if not eaten, and replaced with HIS foods, would save our lives and prevent premature death.

Eat margarine, white flour, white sugar, carbonated corn syrup/sugar drinks, coffee, tea, alcohol, too much meat, etc. (the list is as big as the local grocery store) and you'll die prematurely, WITH OR WITHOUT CONVENTIONAL MEDICINE.

CONVENTIONAL MEDICINE ONLY PROLONGS PREMATURE DEATH TO THOSE WHO WON'T EAT WHOLE FOODS.

Are you implying she'd be alive if she followed this "Cancer Diet"?
Yes, we purchased her a very expensive juicer 10 years ealier and we found it, after she had passed away, in her home, never having used it in ten years. I have it with me now.

I don't juice now though, I eat the carrot whole, with the skin on, whenever I feel a cold or flu coming on and it knocks it right out of my system, with just a carrot or two for one or two days.

Carrots are rich in vitamin A, which builds white blood cells, which are essential in figting sickness and disease.

The more vitamin A in your system the more white blood cell count you'll have to fight off sickness and disease, it's no more complicated than that.

FFH

Veteran Member
My staple diet includes:

Whole Wheat Bread
Cashews (richest in vitamins and minerals)
Milk
Salmon
Carrots
Potatos (baked or home made french fries, mostly baked now though, with a little mayonaise and mustard mixed together)
Lentils
Real Butter (absolutely no margarine)

I work in a pizza restaurant and eat pizza, more than my share, but limit or eliminate the white bread crust and only eat the toppings, such as cheese, pineapples, mushrooms, black olives, onions, green peppers, etc. I also eat the pepperoni, sausage, beef, bacon bits, etc., but try to limit these things, unless I am starving, they seem to provided good energy and can be eaten if supplemented with things like whole wheat bread and other natural whole foods.

I'm not a fanatic about health, but am sensible enough to always have healthy food alternatives around me at work.

Cashews, whole wheat bread, peanut butter and boysenberry jam are a quick staple food alternative at work so I don't reach for a mistake slice of pizza, which are plentiful where I work..

I also drain the pineapple juice at work and drink about 3 to 4 glasses of that a day or more in the summer, whereas I used to drink a lot of pop and milk.

I also drink 100 percent purple grape juice, verses red or white.

I buy Progressive brand lentil soup in the can, it's very yummy, but pricey, so I mainly eat whole wheat bread and cashews, which cashews are pricey too, but they are loaded with essential vitamins and minerals, twice as many as peanuts, and they fill me up more than any other food with just a few handfuls and they provide long lasting/sustainable energy as does whole wheat bread!!)

FFH

Veteran Member
It wasn't a link....it was a statement from one of your linked pages.
With any link, one may or may not agree with everything on each particular link.

Those links should be used to spark an interest into this subject.

Carrots kill cancer...

Look it up and decide for yourself. It makes no difference how many links I post or how much research has been done, some people will never accept this fact.

FFH

Veteran Member
Here's the direct link Buttercup was referring to: Alternative Cancer Treatments for Stage I, II and III Cancer Patients
[SIZE=-1]It is the spreading of the cancer that kills cancer patients. .... AXIOM: NO CANCER TREATMENT WILL BE MORE EFFECTIVE THAN THE CANCER DIET! ...[/SIZE]

Link found on this page from the opening post: Raw Food Treatment For Cancer - Carrot Juice, Beet Juice, etc.

Sorry, haven't read these articles in over a year, forgot all wealth of alternatives that are in that link.

yossarian22

Resident Schizophrenic
Ah homeopathy. One of the biggest scams in recent history.
This sort of medicine is almost always about as effective as a placebo, in other words its not effective at all.
Oh, there is just as much evidence that carrots cause cancer. Beta carotene can increase lung cancer risk.

yossarian22

Resident Schizophrenic
Eating lots of meat causes cancer but u'd never find any evidence of linking cancer with overeating carrots
BBC NEWS | Health | Red meat cancer risk clue found
Eating lots of anything will cause cancer.
How will eating lots of carrots cause cancer?
Simple really. Carrots contain beta-carotene and vitamin A.
Beta-carotine and vitamin A when ingested in large quantities increase one's risk for cancer.
Carrots consumed in large quantities cause caner
Link

FFH

Veteran Member
Eating lots of anything will cause cancer.
How will eating lots of carrots cause cancer?
Simple really. Carrots contain beta-carotene and vitamin A.
Beta-carotine and vitamin A when ingested in large quantities increase one's risk for cancer.
Carrots consumed in large quantities cause caner
Link
Beta-carotine and vitamin A ingested by themselves will cause problems, but not in their natural God provided state, such as is found in carrots.

Take these substances by themselves, after man has eliminated all the other enzymes, minerals, vitamins and other necessary substances and you'll definitely have problems.

AGAIN IT"S REAL SIMPLE...

EAT WHOLE FOODS AND LIVE
or
EAT NON-WHOLE FOODS AND OTHER MAN MADE REFINED PRODUCTS AND YOUR CELLS WILL MUTATE AND BECOME CANCEROUS BECAUSE THEY WILL NOT BE FED THE COMPLIMENTARY NUTRIENTS THEY NEED TO SERVIVE.

For instance, Vitamin A without Zinc will cause problems, unless one is taken without the other and even then there may be problems, since the other minerals, vitamins and enzymes found in a carrot, for example, are not there to work together in harmony with each other...

ALL VITAMINS, MINERALS, ENZYMES, ETC. FOUND IN EACH FOOD ARE ALL NECESSARY FOR PROPER ASSIMILATION AND EXCRETION FROM THE BODY.

When man messes with these foods and extracts one vitamin here and another mineral there, he messes up the natural balance of that food item and renders it harmful to the body to one degree or another.

EAT WHOLE FOODS AND LIVE, EAT MAN ALTERED FOODS AND THE BODY WILL DIE PREMATURELY.

No more complicated than that.

Sorry about the caps, but this is such an important subject to understand and it's so simple, yet most dismiss this principle of eating whole foods..

Vitamins and minerals extracted from foods also break this very basic simple rule and can cause problems, if taken by themselves, in large amounts, but too many carrots will not cause problems, your body will adjust or eliminate what it does not need.

Never tried to eat too many carrots to find out though. :) You would just vomit if you injested too much of any whole food.

God doesn't make junk.

FFH

Veteran Member
When man decided to alter the wheat kernal, by removing the wheat germ and the wheat bran, he altered the health of the human race, at least those who have bought into this junk.

Wheat bran is essential for digestion as is the wheat germ essential to proper digestion and assimilation into the body.

After you take away the bran and the germ of the wheat kernal you leave nothing but the protein, little or no vitamins or minerals left, which causes so many health problems in our sick American society, colon cancer is the biggest health problem caused by white flour, which does not fully digest.

Again, eat these products and risk digestive cancers, eat whole grains, whole fruits, vegetables, nuts and beans and your nearly guaranteed not to ever have a mutated cell in your body.

yossarian22

Resident Schizophrenic
A couple things. If carrots killed cancerous cells, they would also kill normal cells. That is the whole reason why cancer is so difficult to cure. It is caused by mutations, be it a genetic mutation or a chemical. The whole "we cured cancer with carrots" is bull****. In a majority of cases, cancer can't be cured. If it is caused by genetics (as it is in most cases), it will appear again given enough time. The time it takes for it to reappear varies from person to person. Sometimes a person will live their whole lives without a resurgence. Too much of anything, natural or not, is bad for you. That is the whole problem with carcinogens. Virtually everything is one if consumed in excess.

Fluffy

A fool
Please explain how cooking carrots eliminates their enzymes whilst putting them in the stomach does not.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
All veg is good for you ( provided you do not have an allergy to them)
Uncooked is better then over cooked but lightly cooked is fine.
Tomatoes are actually better for you cooked.

Carrots may be able to kill cancer cells
If they are hit with them hard enough.