• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can anyone translate from Russian? Nargiz Zakirova

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
I just discovered this video, I guess it's six years old, but it's new to me. On paper, there is nothing I should like about this: heavy metal, nah. A woman with a shaved head and tattoos? nah.

But I think the way this woman sings this song is just incredible.

I would love to get a transcript of what the judges are saying to her. Heck, I would be happy to pay for a transcript.

Anyone got translation skills?

leov

I just discovered this video, I guess it's six years old, but it's new to me. On paper, there is nothing I should like about this: heavy metal, nah. A woman with a shaved head and tattoos? nah.

I would love to get a transcript of what the judges are saying to her. Heck, I would be happy to pay for a transcript.

it looks like judges listen with their backs toward singers. They all liked her version of the song. Judges themselves are Russian rock super stars and actually the singer chooses who would greats or hugs hers. She said she moved from Uzbekistan in 1995 and now lives in New York.

leov

The Voice (Russian TV series) - Wikipedia

Try the autotranslated subtitles, should give you at least a basic understanding.

Open on Youtube site, click the 'cc' icon to turn on the Russian subs, then click the settings 'cog' then select the subtitles menu and autotranslate + English.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Thanks guys!

I had the basic understanding, I was hoping to get a little of the nuance from the judges. I contacted one translation service and they said that making a transcript might be a copyright violation. wow!

It's not a Russian song. It's Scorpions. Nargiz has some amazing songs. She has gorgeous vocals and her own style of performance. I often listen to her music and watch concerts. I have a set-top box for TV INFOMIR – IPTV Set Top Box manufacturer. This allows me to listen to many of the performers in the original online. Of the Russian performers I like still Fadeev. He writes songs for Nargiz.