• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can anyone answer this?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
You should get out move.

I don't comprehend this sentence.

Anyhow, have I misunderstood your post?
It seemed to me as if you were implying that science states that stones can become conscious.

If I misunderstood, then I apologize and you can disregard my post.
Well, actually, you can disregard it either way off course. It's a free world. :)

There are a million questions science does not have the answer to. It is also a bit presumptuous to assume all of this was caused.
That's not presumptuous, cosmology states that everything that exists has a beginning (cause) our universe exists therefore our universe has a beginning or cause. If science claims this how can I be presumptuous for following what science says is FACT

Who told you that the Universe including spacetime etc. Arises from nothing? That's a very peculiar notion. Especially since nothing or nothingness is an abstract human concept. Very odd. Puzzling.
Stephen Hawking for starters believes that. Nothing is not an abstract concept. Nothing means the absence of anything. If you have something it's not nothing. People seem to be trying to change the definition of nothing

TheBrokenSoul

Stephen Hawking for starters believes that. Nothing is not an abstract concept. Nothing means the absence of anything. If you have something it's not nothing. People seem to be trying to change the definition of nothing
Nothing in general life is not the same context as nothing in physics . In physics nothing is {x0,y0,z0} , known as a point . A volume of nothing is the absence of all matter known technically as a void . There are many {x0,y0,z0} in a void . In the beginning there was no thing that occupied {x0,y0,z0} and that is why we have God .

Azrael Antilla

When does he claim that? Nothing by definition cannot exist. It's an abstract concept. It's not a physical description that exists in science.

There are many metaphysical hypothesis that attempt to describe the conditions they existed before the universe did.

For example, the QM many worlds multiverse hypothesis.

Azrael Antilla

Nothing in general life is not the same context as nothing in physics . In physics nothing is {x0,y0,z0} , known as a point . A volume of nothing is the absence of all matter known technically as a void . There are many {x0,y0,z0} in a void . In the beginning there was no thing that occupied {x0,y0,z0} and that is why we have God .
Why do we have some revolting God? Your comment provides no explanation.

Brian2

Veteran Member
I don't comprehend this sentence.

Anyhow, have I misunderstood your post?
It seemed to me as if you were implying that science states that stones can become conscious.

If I misunderstood, then I apologize and you can disregard my post.
Well, actually, you can disregard it either way off course. It's a free world. :)

I was implying that science is saying that chemicals can become conscious.

TheBrokenSoul

Yes there are Christians who pretty much say the Bible is a fiction it seems, but at that stage they have probably dropped out of Christianity.
Maybe I should say "imo" but usually people understand that anyway.
All religious scripts and books are fictional to some degree but that doesn't necessarily mean God is fictional.