• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can all religions come together?

Jim

Nets of Wonder
I think that pretending that the only beliefs that matter are the ones we all agree on, induces people to be dishonest with themselves or with others, and excludes some of the people from the fellowship that we need to include the most, to end the hostilities.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I think that pretending that the only beliefs that matter are the ones we all agree on, induces people to be dishonest with themselves or with others, and excludes some of the people from the fellowship that we need to include the most, to end the hostilities.
I agree with you, Jim. More than that, there are some beliefs that are not universally accept, such as monotheism, that shape the character of a religion and make it superior. While it's true that there are commonalities among religions, you don't want a religion that is the "greatest common factor." You want the religion that has the "greatest amount of truth" and "produces the greatest amount of spiritual growth" that you can find.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Well if people could stop seeing Isis as a religious sect it would be good
ISIS *IS* a religious sect of Islam. It is not the only sect. It doesn't represent the majority of Islam. I believe it misrepresents proper understanding of the Quran. But it is dishonest to say it is not a sect.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
ISIS is mainly Wahhabist, a puritanical form of Sunni Islam, but it also has attracted other elements as well.