• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cameron tells anti-EU campaigners: 'Norway option' won't work for Britain

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
The link doesn't work.

I haven't kept up on politics in Europe. What's the Norway option?

Ultimatum

Classical Liberal
Welcome to the EUSSR, enjoy your life-long stay.

You're wrong. There is actually a third option on the ballot paper--it's just that it is invisible. Associate membership.
As set out in the Fundamental Law of Bertelsmann Spinelli, a two-tier Europe is on the cards. Cameron will present this as a "in Europe but not run by Europe" and, with the backing of big money and big business, we will be confined to some sort of half-hearted deal--although I cannot presume, as Cameron will only reveal the details at the last second. This is actually a good strategy--it won't give us time to show what a pathetic deal it would be compared with an EEA/EFTA+ Brexit.

The link doesn't work.

I haven't kept up on politics in Europe. What's the Norway option?

Ah my bad, I'm not sure why it broke! But every newspaper reported on it, so it shouldn't be so hard to find.
And there is not much to keep up on, actually.

The Norway option is the Brexit model that I advocate, as set out in Flecxit. The Kippers and, indeed, all of the leave groups advocate a GATT/WTO framework--an absolutely stupid way to go considering the 40 years of politico-economic integration that this country has experienced and will not unravel just like that.
Norway option (EEA/EFTA+) is an interim Brexit step. Leave the Union and stay in the Single Market, unwrap the political mess that we got ourselves in slowly and properly, and then leave the Single Market and create a FTA.

Ultimatum

Classical Liberal
Trade agreements, but no membership in EU. Basically the best option.

The best interim solution yes! But remember, the more appropriate term for the full plan is EEA/EFTA+. The "+" meaning that we, eventually and after sorting out baggage, exit the Single Market and formulate a new FTA.

Princeps Eugenius

You're wrong. There is actually a third option on the ballot paper--it's just that it is invisible. Associate membership.
As set out in the Fundamental Law of Bertelsmann Spinelli, a two-tier Europe is on the cards. Cameron will present this as a "in Europe but not run by Europe" and, with the backing of big money and big business, we will be confined to some sort of half-hearted deal--although I cannot presume, as Cameron will only reveal the details at the last second. This is actually a good strategy--it won't give us time to show what a pathetic deal it would be compared with an EEA/EFTA+ Brexit.
I dont concern myself with british politics. we have enough of our own in germany the country which basically holds that ****pile together with france.

Ultimatum

Classical Liberal
I dont concern myself with british politics. we have enough of our own in germany the country which basically holds that ****pile together with france.

Germany and France will never leave.
Enjoy your subordinate, supranationalised future. I would move whilst you can.

Ultimatum

Classical Liberal

Princeps Eugenius

The UK was never a true member of the EU as it still keeps its currency while germany and france have adopted the Euro back in 2000. man you wouldnt believe how easy life was before the Euro. people we basically twice as rich and bought prices at half the price as of now.

Altfish

Veteran Member
I'm convinced that Cameron, despite what he says, wants to leave Europe.
I mean, why else would he be running such an inept campaign?

Ultimatum

Classical Liberal

"Leave Europe"
Now that associate membership is on the cards, you'll have to do far better than that.

Ultimatum

Classical Liberal
Why do 'I' have to do better? It is just an opinion??

"Leave Europe" implies both EU, EEA and, now, associate membership exit.
I just wanted to point out that our future is pre-ordained by Osborne and that you should realise how uninformed and Kipper-like you're starting to sound.

It's only a heads up!

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic

He might not, though. In this situation we're damned if we do and we're damned if we don't. If we stay in the EU we'll be subject to TTIP and corporations will be able to sue our governments for laws they feel are a threat to their profit margins. If we leave the EU then Cameron can leave the European Convention on Human Rights, abolish the Human Rights Act and treat us all the way he wants to treat us: like serfs.

Altfish

Veteran Member
"Leave Europe" implies both EU, EEA and, now, associate membership exit.
I just wanted to point out that our future is pre-ordained by Osborne and that you should realise how uninformed and Kipper-like you're starting to sound.

It's only a heads up!
Crikey, you're reading far too much into my use of the word 'Europe'.
It wasn't meant to be a policy statement, it was just a flippant comment about the inept diplomacy of our PM.

You are taking life too serious.:D

Altfish

Veteran Member
He might not, though. In this situation we're damned if we do and we're damned if we don't. If we stay in the EU we'll be subject to TTIP and corporations will be able to sue our governments for laws they feel are a threat to their profit margins. If we leave the EU then Cameron can leave the European Convention on Human Rights, abolish the Human Rights Act and treat us all the way he wants to treat us: like serfs.
If the Tories stay in power we'll...
  • Get out of the EU
  • Scrap the Human Rights Act