• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"California, New York and Washington Have United to Back the Paris Climate Accord"

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
And the irony is that a delegation from these states and Quebec are going to shortly negotiate with the Chinese to arrange more trade deals, including more cooperative efforts with green energy, thus by-passing the idiocy of this administration.
Yes. China is such a non polluter . Good idea. Certainly not an idiotic alternative.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Meaning the richest spots in America, the ones getting rich selling out our country to the Vaticans Global redistribution of wealth scheme. It's all laid out in the old Popes plan for the world. Not that the pope writes it himself but he puts his name on it.
You've gotta be kidding. The above ranks just about as "credible" as the "International Jewish Conspiracy" concept.

metis

Yes. China is such a non polluter . Good idea. Certainly not an idiotic alternative.
It seems that you are totally unaware of the fact that China is spending much more on green energy than the U.S., and a significant part of that investment is for the clean-up of their own air. There is much more money being made internationally and domestically here in the States in green energy than with coal, so it's totally nonsensical for us to invest in the latter at the expense of the former.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
You've gotta be kidding. The above ranks just about as "credible" as the "International Jewish Conspiracy" concept.

Conspiracy simply means things planned in secret. No doubt most things are a conspiracy.

metis

And there was no vote.
So, you're saying that NY passes laws without a vote either from the public or their representatives. Sorry, but I don't believe that for one minute, so maybe you're talking about something else that doesn't correlate to what I was referring to.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
So, you're saying that NY passes laws without a vote either from the public or their representatives. Sorry, but I don't believe that for one minute, so maybe you're talking about something else that doesn't correlate to what I was referring to.

There was no law passed, therefore there was no vote,. it was a statement from the Governors of New York and Washington Have United to Back the Paris Climate Accord.... there has been no vote or law passed as it applies to supporting the Paris Climate accord....

So no, I am not saying NY passes laws without vote.... I am saying there was no vote because there is no law associated with this "support"

metis

There was no law passed, therefore there was no vote,. it was a statement from the Governors of New York and Washington Have United to Back the Paris Climate Accord.... there has been no vote or law passed as it applies to supporting the Paris Climate accord....

So no, I am not saying NY passes laws without vote.... I am saying there was no vote because there is no law associated with this "support"
That's where our disconnect is because my original response to you was in regards to decisions made in the democratic realm in general.

However, in regards to what you wrote above, elected officials are voted in to make decisions, and not all decisions need to be put in the form of a law. For example, look at Trump's many executive orders.

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
The states that are saying they will still follow the Paris Accord are doing so because it is a green light to raise taxes! Sure they say to
follow the Paris guidelines, but will mainly go to plug the many shortfalls
within their budgets. Gov. Brown in Ca. is still looking for billions to fund his speedy train from Frisco to LA.
ronandcarol

Oh c'mon, how can you be so cynical?!

Politicians would never pretend to care about an issue just to amass power and wealth, they have no interest in such things. If there's one thing we have learned about politicians, they are exceptionally honest, intelligent, informed, scientifically literate, caring people we can trust with our wealth and rights any day!

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
Could you point out to me on this map what you think the "richest spots" are?
the-us-will-join-syria-and-nicaragua-as-the-only-nations-that-arent-part-of-the-paris-agreement.jpg

It seems you define "the richest spots" as everything except the U.S. and Syria. That is interesting.

Same with any 'climate agreement' .. All those blue countries' politicians signed with the hope; that the big red one- the world's largest economy, would be gullible enough to pay for everything... that's why it stands out on the map. Worth a try I suppose, but they were counting on another politician willing to fleece his own people for the cash, not President Donald J.Trump!

Last edited:

leibowde84

Veteran Member
It's like the civil war II, Go Trump. All the richest spots back the climate accord, I wonder why...The axis of evil revealing itself?
What does this mean? The richest spots? Every country in the world signed onto the Paris Accord (195 out of 197), except for Nicaragua, Syria, and now the US.

Nicaragua said that the deal wasn't tough enough and thought "rich people could do more". Syria is, well, Syria and it's run by a ruthless dictator who has other stuff going on with the civil war and all. And then there's the US.

So, in what way do only the "rich spots" back the accord?

tytlyf

Not Religious
Same with any 'climate agreement' .. All those blue countries' politicians signed with the hope; that the big red one- the world's largest economy, would be gullible enough to pay for everything... that's why it stands out on the map. Worth a try I suppose, but they were counting on another politician willing to fleece his own people for the cash, not President Donald J.Trump!
That's a republican establishment talking point to justify that climate change is a 'hoax.' One of many psychological tricks to get people doubting the science.
The agreement doesn't have the US paying for everything, did RW media give you examples? Or did they just tell you that?