• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Caitlin Moran's post about Queen Elizabeth II's death prompts strong reaction, with many accusing

Truth in love

'Caitlin Moran's post about Queen Elizabeth II's death prompts strong reaction, with many accusing NRL of double standards'

Source: Ray Hadley pilloried for claiming NRLW star's Queen post is the 'most reprehensible thing' he's seen in rugby league

Considering the number of indigenous deaths caused by the colonisation of Australia i wouldn't exactly expect our indigenous people to fondly remember the royals, and some have accused the NRL of uneven treatment as highlighted by tweets such as this one relayed by the ABC,

''
Elliott Richardson

@ElliottRichard1

·
Follow

Ray Hadley calling Caitlin Moran's post the most reprehensible thing to happen in rugby league is tone deaf. There are men convicted of serious assault and domestic violence still playing in the game. Interesting that Moran is being threatened with a 25% pay cut'

Personally I think Moran's treatment was heavy handed.

Thoughts?

In my opinion

I’ve not studied the Queens early life, but I don’t think she was responsible for the deaths.
If she screwed up blame her, but she’s not responsible for the wrongs of others even if they were family.

danieldemol

Premium Member
I’ve not studied the Queens early life, but I don’t think she was responsible for the deaths.
If she screwed up blame her, but she’s not responsible for the wrongs of others even if they were family.
I dont think she was personally responsible, I'm just saying I can understand there being ill sentiments against her.

My grandfather fought against the Japanese when they invaded and didn't like any Japanese person for the rest of his life.

The monarchy probably just reminds indigenous Australians they were successfully colonised along with the associated harms this brought. Hence the reason they are unlikely to feel positively toward it.

In my opinion.

It’s more so the fine that was called into question, I think. It’s pretty hefty in context, since it’s at least a quarter of her contracted salary for the year. Whereas in the men’s league fines are common, sure, but usually a little more “lenient” overall. Taking into account the salaries of both leagues

I can see the case that 25% is a bit harsh, even if it is just a suspended fine hanging over her.

Not sure what conditions she has to meet to avoid paying it.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I can see the case that 25% is a bit harsh, even if it is just a suspended fine hanging over her.

Not sure what conditions she has to meet to avoid paying it.
Probably some good PR and an “apology”
That’s usually how these things go, but I guess we’ll see