• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cain and Abel

Faithofchristian

I don't disagree with your Scripture references, but how does that disagree with anything I said?

Here's what you said in Post #39
( They were both born of Adam)

Only Able was born of the seed of the woman and Cain being born of the seed of the serpent.

As to how do you get that Cain and Able as being both born of Adam.

Only Able was born of Adam.
Cain was born of the serpent.

Go back and re-read Genesis 3:15 again.
God told the serpent, that he put enmity between the serpent seed and the woman's seed.
So you have one seed ( Cain) being of the serpent and one seed ( Able) being of the woman (Eve)

Here's what you said in Post #39
( They were both born of Adam)

Only Able was born of the seed of the woman and Cain being born of the seed of the serpent.

Notice I said they were both "born of Adam" and you are equating that with "seed of the woman" but they are not the same. I did not say they were both the "seed of the woman" which has different meaning than "born of Adam".
1 Corinthians 15:22
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

Every man comes into this world dead in Adam. Adam is our first father. But when we are translated into the kingdom of God's dear Son, we are made alive in Christ. Christ is the Seed of the woman, and we are the spiritual seed of Christ in Him. Likewise when God made the promise to Abraham...

Galatians 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Faithofchristian

Notice I said they were both "born of Adam" and you are equating that with "seed of the woman" but they are not the same. I did not say they were both the "seed of the woman" which has different meaning than "born of Adam".

Every man comes into this world dead in Adam. Adam is our first father. But when we are translated into the kingdom of God's dear Son, we are made alive in Christ. Christ is the Seed of the woman, and we are the spiritual seed of Christ in Him. Likewise when God made the promise to Abraham...

Galatians 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Why are you jumping to other places in the bible, Why can't you stay with the subject in Genesis 3:15.
Unless you stay with the subject in
Genesis 3:15, I am not going jumping all over the place in other parts of the bible, Which has nothing to do with Genesis 3:15.

Unless you can show in Genesis chapter 3
to where it's written that Adam had two sons.
As far as I have read the woman ( Eve) had two sons in her pregnancy.

Explain exactly how a man can give birth

It's by a woman that babies are born from.
Not man.
As to how or where you get that a man can give birth. That's a first.

Faithofchristian

First of all Adam is not the father of everyone.
Adam and Eve were not the first to be created, You have the 6th day creation of male and female.

Adam and Eve wasn't created until two days later.
God rested on the 7th day and then on the next day after the 7th day, then God created Adam and Eve.

But anyway, Adam only had two sons
Able and Seth.
Cain is not the son of Adam.

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
First of all Adam is not the father of everyone.
Adam and Eve were not the first to be created, You have the 6th day creation of male and female.

Adam and Eve wasn't created until two days later.
God rested on the 7th day and then on the next day after the 7th day, then God created Adam and Eve.

But anyway, Adam only had two sons
Able and Seth.
Cain is not the son of Adam.

False.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Now the man knew his wife Eve, and she conceived and bore Cain, and she said, "I have acquired a man with the Lord."

so the Lord was the serpent and cain was his offspring?

when the serpent responds it just says god and not Lord God in verse 3:1 and when eve responds she says Lord in verse 4:1 but not God., why?

And Adam knew Hava his wife, who had desired the Angel; and she conceived, and bare Kain; and she said, I have acquired a man, the Angel of the Lord. And she added to bear from her husband Adam his twin, even Habel. And Habel was a shepherd of the flock, but Kain was a man working in the earth.

Last edited: