• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CA Subsidizes Elec Power Usage With Fixed Cost

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Is this real?
Is reporting accurate?
I find it hard to believe that many people would pay
for electricity based upon their income, rather than
how much they use. This would discourage
conservation.
So assuming CA legislators aren't that irresponsible,
what am I missing?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Subsidizing just means higher taxes and fees through the back door rather than through the front door.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Subsidizing just means higher taxes and fees through the back door rather than through the front door.
Well that's why it's popular. Give'm something that
another person/company pays for. People love that.
Why conserve if you get all you want at no added cost, eh.
CA sure does have its share of idiots.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Wrong. Altering how one energy source is paid for alters people's choices and behaviour. That's the - rather elementary - point. By partial funding via taxes, you pay for a portion of it whether you use it or not. So you might as well use it, then, and get your money's worth.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Wrong. Altering how one energy source is paid for alters people's choices and behaviour. That's the - rather elementary - point. By partial funding via taxes, you pay for a portion of it whether you use it or not. So you might as well use it, then, and get your money's worth.
I don't see how you're disagreeing with him.

The funding is simply transferred partially
from the poor to the wealthy & to business.
I wonder how much government gives itself
a subsidy in this fee structure?

Twilight Hue

Bs. Its cronyism and profiteering.

Twilight Hue

Profiteering how and by whom? And what's your evidence for the accusation?
Pretending your plain dumb again I see. You like using that idiotic tactic in volume.

I'll even use a libertarian source for ya being your so poorly uneducated on this.. .

As for the rest...

Ole Nancy was the poster elite for all Democrats to follow. My special mention.

Shaul

Premium Member
The uniparty kleptocracy of Kalifornia stirkes again. As if people weren't fleeing the state fast enough. A pox upon the scoundrels who hold power in Sacramento. May their houses bear the weight of their ruinous policies and may the public be freed from them.

Watchmen

Premium Member
Is this real?
Is reporting accurate?
I find it hard to believe that many people would pay
for electricity based upon their income, rather than
how much they use. This would discourage
conservation.
So assuming CA legislators aren't that irresponsible,
what am I missing?

Don’t think you’re missing anything. The state legislature told the companies to come up with fixed rate bills to make things simpler for the idiot consumers (who aren’t really idiots, Dems just treat them that way). The three big power companies’ proposal is fixed rates based on income. The state will probably make a decision the middle of next year. Time will tell.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Don’t think you’re missing anything. The state legislature told the companies to come up with fixed rate bills to make things simpler for the idiot consumers (who aren’t really idiots, Dems just treat them that way). The three big power companies’ proposal is fixed rates based on income. The state will probably make a decision the middle of next year. Time will tell.
Good.
I need supervision often.