• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

bye buy 9mm

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Around here, most gun owners fall into one of these categories:

1) a couple of boxes of ammo for their gun
2) hundreds of rounds for each of their guns
3) thousands of rounds for each of their many guns
4) if their house catches fire, there won't be much left...

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Wait a minute!

Can you guys just go to a supermarket and buy gun ammo? :eek:
Used to be able to buy ammo for all my fire arms at Walmart.
Now only for the MKA 1919.and 410.

Though they probably do not realize that my 410 is a handgun...

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Wait a minute!

Can you guys just go to a supermarket and buy gun ammo? :eek:

I don't know where you live, but yeah.

Yesterday, in the mail, I got an advertising flyer. A big local store had extra low prices on assault rifles and ammunition and hand guns.

You may not recognize the chain of stores called "Rural King", but I'll bet that @Shadow Wolf does. It's very big in our part of the USA.
Tom

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler

Yesterday, in the mail, I got an advertising flyer. A big local store had extra low prices on assault rifles and ammunition and hand guns.

You may not recognize the chain of stores called "Rural King", but I'll bet that @Shadow Wolf does. It's very big in our part of the USA.
Tom
Yeppers.
And some TSC and Gander Mountain, and...

I prefer a local gun shop myself.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

Tom
Hell, I counted inventory at Rural King. And TSC, which is what they have out here and no Rural Kings from what I've seen, which is unfortunate because a free bag of popcorn is good motivation to spend money there.:D
To go on topic, Rural King and Meijer was where I went for ammo, with Meijer having most of the basic stuff, Rural King for less common ammo.

esmith

Veteran Member
If I needed 9mm I can order online
125gr FMJ
115gr RN reman
124gr RN
135gr HP XDEF
No problem obtaining 45ACP or 38SP online if I needed them (which I don't)

However, I probably have over 1000 rounds of 115gr RN 9mm that I reloaded myself (practice ammo) and enough powder and projectiles for 2 or 3 thousand more
Also probably have more than 500 rounds of 9mm self-defense ammo
Also have about the same in 45ACP and 38SP I have reloaded, and powder/projectiles for more reloads In addition plenty of self-defense in those calibers also.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
No, it indicates I have no desire to see the nation unable to defend itself.

You're worried the USA is going to be rendered incapable of self defence?

On my list of things worth worrying about, that's a fair way down the list, somewhere south of 'I worry that carrots won't randomly grow in hilariously inappropriate shapes one day.'

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Sorry for your loss.

TP is available again, after a crisis. This was a huge problem because my mother-in-law has severe health issues that include GI and diarrhea.
I still find isopropyl alcohol impossible to find. And she likes wiping down almost everything with it, because she's hugely at risk from infections of all sorts. This C19 thing has her in a tizzy.

So pardon me if I sound judgemental. But I'm having trouble working up much sympathy for people finding it hard to restock their lethal weapons. Some of us have loved ones we're trying to keep alive.

Tom
well heaven forbid home invasion and the loss of your tp

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
You're worried the USA is going to be rendered incapable of self defence?

On my list of things worth worrying about, that's a fair way down the list, somewhere south of 'I worry that carrots won't randomly grow in hilariously inappropriate shapes one day.'
That's how it is now, but that's a different story if the doors on bullet factories are closed.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
a couple of years ago.....you couldn't buy 22s to save your soul

now it's reversed

the 9mm is gone

but you can grab all the small stuff you can carry