• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

By the way -- if you claim to be a Christian...

According to Yeshua, to "enter into life" and become "perfect"/"complete" one must first keep the Commandments, and then sell all they own and "follow me". (Matthew 19:16-21). If you can't keep the Commandments, in which the "Word of God" (Revelation 19:13) says they are not difficult, how do you think you will become "perfect"? The time of keeping the "statutes" and "ordinances" is after Judah and Ephraim are reunited with David being their king (Ezekiel 37:22-24) and they are given a new heart and spirit (Ezekiel 36:27).

1 John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments; and His commandments are not burdensome.

Deut 30:11 For this commandment which I command you today is not too difficult for you, nor is it out of reach.
”For it has been declared to me concerning you, my brethren, by those of Chloe’s household, that there are contentions among you. Now I say this, that each of you says, “I am of Paul,” or “I am of Apollos,” or “I am of Cephas,” or “I am of Christ.” Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul? I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius, lest anyone should say that I had baptized in my own name. Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas. Besides, I do not know whether I baptized any other. For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of no effect. For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written: “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, And bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.” Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe. For Jews request a sign, and Greeks seek after wisdom; but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks foolishness, but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.“
‭‭I Corinthians‬ ‭1‬:‭11‬-‭25‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

”Therefore, since we have such hope, we use great boldness of speech— unlike Moses, who put a veil over his face so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the end of what was passing away. But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ. But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart. Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.“
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭3‬:‭12‬-‭18‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

@2ndpillar
By your own word you are bound by this to keep every jot and tittle, but you can’t and don’t :

”You must not worship the Lord your God in their way. But you are to seek the place the Lord your God will choose from among all your tribes to put his Name there for his dwelling. To that place you must go; there bring your burnt offerings and sacrifices, your tithes and special gifts, what you have vowed to give and your freewill offerings, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks. There, in the presence of the Lord your God, you and your families shall eat and shall rejoice in everything you have put your hand to, because the Lord your God has blessed you. But you will cross the Jordan and settle in the land the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, and he will give you rest from all your enemies around you so that you will live in safety. Then to the place the Lord your God will choose as a dwelling for his Name—there you are to bring everything I command you: your burnt offerings and sacrifices, your tithes and special gifts, and all the choice possessions you have vowed to the Lord. And there rejoice before the Lord your God—you, your sons and daughters, your male and female servants, and the Levites from your towns who have no allotment or inheritance of their own. Be careful not to sacrifice your burnt offerings anywhere you please. Offer them only at the place the Lord will choose in one of your tribes, and there observe everything I command you. Nevertheless, you may slaughter your animals in any of your towns and eat as much of the meat as you want, as if it were gazelle or deer, according to the blessing the Lord your God gives you. Both the ceremonially unclean and the clean may eat it. But you must not eat the blood; pour it out on the ground like water. You must not eat in your own towns the tithe of your grain and new wine and olive oil, or the firstborn of your herds and flocks, or whatever you have vowed to give, or your freewill offerings or special gifts. Instead, you are to eat them in the presence of the Lord your God at the place the Lord your God will choose—you, your sons and daughters, your male and female servants, and the Levites from your towns—and you are to rejoice before the Lord your God in everything you put your hand to. Be careful not to neglect the Levites as long as you live in your land. When the Lord your God has enlarged your territory as he promised you, and you crave meat and say, “I would like some meat,” then you may eat as much of it as you want. If the place where the Lord your God chooses to put his Name is too far away from you, you may slaughter animals from the herds and flocks the Lord has given you, as I have commanded you, and in your own towns you may eat as much of them as you want. Eat them as you would gazelle or deer. Both the ceremonially unclean and the clean may eat. But be sure you do not eat the blood, because the blood is the life, and you must not eat the life with the meat. You must not eat the blood; pour it out on the ground like water. Do not eat it, so that it may go well with you and your children after you, because you will be doing what is right in the eyes of the Lord. But take your consecrated things and whatever you have vowed to give, and go to the place the Lord will choose. Present your burnt offerings on the altar of the Lord your God, both the meat and the blood. The blood of your sacrifices must be poured beside the altar of the Lord your God, but you may eat the meat. Be careful to obey all these regulations I am giving you, so that it may always go well with you and your children after you, because you will be doing what is good and right in the eyes of the Lord your God. The Lord your God will cut off before you the nations you are about to invade and dispossess. But when you have driven them out and settled in their land, and after they have been destroyed before you, be careful not to be ensnared by inquiring about their gods, saying, “How do these nations serve their gods? We will do the same.” You must not worship the Lord your God in their way, because in worshiping their gods, they do all kinds of detestable things the Lord hates. They even burn their sons and daughters in the fire as sacrifices to their gods. See that you do all I command you; do not add or take away from it.
‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭12‬:‭4‬-‭7‬, ‭10‬-‭32‬ ‭NIV‬‬

2ndpillar

By your own word you are bound by this to keep every jot and tittle, but you can’t and don’t :
According to Yeshua, one must keep every "jot and tittle" of the Law and the prophets until the "heavens and earth pass away" (Matthew 5:18). Once David is made king (Ezekiel 37:22-25), and Judah and Ephraim are reunited, then Israel will "walk in my ordinances, and keep My statutes". Now as for those of the nations/Gentiles who survive the day of the LORD, they will cry that "our forefathers taught us falsehoods" (Jeremiah 16:19).

Ezekiel 37:22-25
22and I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel; and one king will be king for all of them; and they will no longer be two nations and no longer be divided into two kingdoms. 23“They will no longer defile themselves with their idols, or with their detestable things, or with any of their transgressions; but I will deliver them from all their dwelling places in which they have sinned, and will cleanse them. And they will be My people, and I will be their God.
The Davidic Kingdom

24“My servant David will be king over them, and they will all have one shepherd; and they will walk in My ordinances and keep My statutes and observe them. 25“They will live on the land that I gave to Jacob My servant, in which your fathers lived; and they will live on it, they, and their sons and their sons’ sons, forever; and David My servant will be their prince forever. 26“I will make a covenant of peace with them; it will be an everlasting covenant with them. And I will place them and multiply them, and will set My sanctuary in their midst forever. 27“My dwelling place also will be with them; and I will be their God, and they will be My people. 28“And the nations will know that I am the LORD who sanctifies Israel, when My sanctuary is in their midst forever.”’”

2ndpillar

”For it has been declared to me concerning you, my brethren, by those of Chloe’s household, that there are contentions among you. Now I say this, that each of you says, “I am of Paul,” or “I am of Apollos,” or “I am of Cephas,” or “I am of Christ.” Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul? I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius, lest anyone should say that I had baptized in my own name. Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas. Besides, I do not know whether I baptized any other. For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of no effect. For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written: “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, And bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.” Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe. For Jews request a sign, and Greeks seek after wisdom; but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks foolishness, but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.“
‭‭I Corinthians‬ ‭1‬:‭11‬-‭25‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

”Therefore, since we have such hope, we use great boldness of speech— unlike Moses, who put a veil over his face so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the end of what was passing away. But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ. But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart. Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.“
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭3‬:‭12‬-‭18‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
It is circular logic that you can use the false prophet Paul, to uphold the "message" of the "enemy" (Matthew 13:25), in which Paul is the messenger of the "devil" (Matthew 13:37-39). The "message" of the "son of man", the good seed, which is message of the kingdom of heaven, not the false gospel of grace/cross, the message of lawlessness. (Matthew 13:25-50). But then again, each his own. You apparently have chosen the wide path of the many, versus the narrow path of the few. (Matthew 7:12-15).

Matthew 13:37 And He said, “The one who sows the good seed is the Son of Man, 38and the field is the world; and as for the good seed, these are the sons of the kingdom; and the tares are the sons of the evil one; 39and the enemy who sowed them is the devil, and the harvest is the end of the age; and the reapers are angels. 40“So just as the tares are gathered up and burned with fire, so shall it be at the end of the age.

2ndpillar

Sell all you have then, and follow Jesus if that’s what He is telling you. Be perfect, obey the law if you can. That’s up to you, but if you don’t have a sacrifice for your sin or water for your purification with the ashes of a red heifer then you are not clean according to the law.
If your sins had been forgiven, and you were clean, then you could toss your doctor's phone number. Reality trumps delusion. According to Yeshua, the world is living under the "ruler of the world", and apparently, he has deceived those "who dwell on the earth" (Revelation 13:14).

John 14:30
I will not speak much more with you, for the ruler of the world is coming, and he has nothing in Me;

According to Yeshua, one must keep every "jot and tittle" of the Law and the prophets until the "heavens and earth pass away" (Matthew 5:18). Once David is made king (Ezekiel 37:22-25), and Judah and Ephraim are reunited, then Israel will "walk in my ordinances, and keep My statutes". Now as for those of the nations/Gentiles who survive the day of the LORD, they will cry that "our forefathers taught us falsehoods" (Jeremiah 16:19).

Ezekiel 37:22-25
22and I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel; and one king will be king for all of them; and they will no longer be two nations and no longer be divided into two kingdoms. 23“They will no longer defile themselves with their idols, or with their detestable things, or with any of their transgressions; but I will deliver them from all their dwelling places in which they have sinned, and will cleanse them. And they will be My people, and I will be their God.
The Davidic Kingdom

24“My servant David will be king over them, and they will all have one shepherd; and they will walk in My ordinances and keep My statutes and observe them. 25“They will live on the land that I gave to Jacob My servant, in which your fathers lived; and they will live on it, they, and their sons and their sons’ sons, forever; and David My servant will be their prince forever. 26“I will make a covenant of peace with them; it will be an everlasting covenant with them. And I will place them and multiply them, and will set My sanctuary in their midst forever. 27“My dwelling place also will be with them; and I will be their God, and they will be My people. 28“And the nations will know that I am the LORD who sanctifies Israel, when My sanctuary is in their midst forever.”’”
You miss the point every time, when was your last offering for sin made by the High Priest performed and the blood offered for you in the Holy of Holies?

@2ndpillar
The Apostles and elders agreed with Paul about what the Holy Spirit was showing them about the Gospel and the law. It’s right here, for you to say that Paul was a false prophet would be saying Peter, the rest of the Apostles and Elders were also false prophets.

”And certain men came down from Judea and taught the brethren, “Unless you are circumcised according to the custom of Moses, you cannot be saved.” Therefore, when Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and dispute with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas and certain others of them should go up to Jerusalem, to the apostles and elders, about this question. So, being sent on their way by the church, they passed through Phoenicia and Samaria, describing the conversion of the Gentiles; and they caused great joy to all the brethren. And when they had come to Jerusalem, they were received by the church and the apostles and the elders; and they reported all things that God had done with them. But some of the sect of the Pharisees who believed rose up, saying, “It is necessary to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.” Now the apostles and elders came together to consider this matter. And when there had been much dispute, Peter rose up and said to them: “Men and brethren, you know that a good while ago God chose among us, that by my mouth the Gentiles should hear the word of the gospel and believe. So God, who knows the heart, acknowledged them by giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He did to us, and made no distinction between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. Now therefore, why do you test God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear? But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved in the same manner as they.” Then all the multitude kept silent and listened to Barnabas and Paul declaring how many miracles and wonders God had worked through them among the Gentiles. And after they had become silent, James answered, saying, “Men and brethren, listen to me: Simon has declared how God at the first visited the Gentiles to take out of them a people for His name. And with this the words of the prophets agree, just as it is written: ‘After this I will return And will rebuild the tabernacle of David, which has fallen down; I will rebuild its ruins, And I will set it up; So that the rest of mankind may seek the Lord, Even all the Gentiles who are called by My name, Says the Lord who does all these things.’ Therefore I judge that we should not trouble those from among the Gentiles who are turning to God, but that we write to them to abstain from things polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from things strangled, and from blood. For Moses has had throughout many generations those who preach him in every city, being read in the synagogues every Sabbath.” Then it pleased the apostles and elders, with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas, namely, Judas who was also named Barsabas, and Silas, leading men among the brethren. They wrote this letter by them: The apostles, the elders, and the brethren, To the brethren who are of the Gentiles in Antioch, Syria, and Cilicia: Greetings. Since we have heard that some who went out from us have troubled you with words, unsettling your souls, saying, “You must be circumcised and keep the law” —to whom we gave no such commandment— it seemed good to us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men to you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul, men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. We have therefore sent Judas and Silas, who will also report the same things by word of mouth. For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things: that you abstain from things offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well. Farewell.“
‭‭Acts‬ ‭15‬:‭1‬-‭17‬, ‭19‬-‭29‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
John 14:30
I will not speak much more with you, for the ruler of the world is coming, and he has nothing in Me;
If you believe that verse is about Satan that makes absolutely no sense, because Christians believe that Satan is already in the world, not that Satan is "coming."

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Per Ezekiel 37:22-24 the combined Judah and Ephraim/Israel will be made clean after they are made one nation on the land given to Jacob/Israel. As for the blood of the red heifers, the priests of Israel have already procured them from a Texas rancher. Mixing ashes (pot ash) with water is how you make soap. Do you have something against soap? Although there will be no sacrifice until after the survivors (post day of the LORD) of the nations/Gentiles, come to Jerusalem every year on the feast of Booths, after the vessels have been sanctified (Zechariah 14:15-21). Plus, the Levites will have to be sanctified as well (Malachi 3:2-3).

Ezekiel 37: 22and I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel; and one king will be king for all of them; and they will no longer be two nations and no longer be divided into two kingdoms. 23“They will no longer defile themselves with their idols, or with their detestable things, or with any of their transgressions; but I will deliver them from all their dwelling places in which they have sinned, and will cleanse them. And they will be My people, and I will be their God.

24“My servant David will be king over them, and they will all have one shepherd; and they will walk in My ordinances and keep My statutes and observe them. 25“They will live on the land that I gave to Jacob My servant, in which your fathers lived; and they will live on it, they, and their sons and their sons’ sons, forever; and David My servant will be their prince forever.
Unless you believe it is literal, as if David will be king again -- (and prince) -- it is obviously symbolic.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I just checked in to this thread to see what is going on, and it's Christians disagreeing on what the Truth is.

That's all we need to know about whether Christianity has the "Truth".

YoursTrue

I just checked in to this thread to see what is going on, and it's Christians disagreeing on what the Truth is.

That's all we need to know about whether Christianity has the "Truth".
If I thought every sect and religion had the truth, I'd feel free to believe anything. But I don't because I have studied the Bible for a while now and am still learning. It's similar to beliefs about hell, and the trinity and many other things. If I thought every religion had the "truth" about these things, I guess I would live anywhere...in a manner of speaking.

F1fan

Veteran Member
If I thought every sect and religion had the truth, I'd feel free to believe anything.
But you believe false ideas that other theists have told you are true. You reject what educated people explain to you. That is a bad state to live in.
But I don't because I have studied the Bible for a while now and am still learning.
You don't seem to have ever studied the Bible from a factual approach, only one that makes assumptions about the Bible being true. That makes it questionable and invalid from a rational perspective.
It's similar to beliefs about hell, and the trinity and many other things. If I thought every religion had the "truth" about these things, I guess I would live anywhere...in a manner of speaking.
Given so many religions exist, and all of them invalidate each other, it's more likely that none of them are true at face value. None of them are based on fact, nor have beliefs based on reason. That you have your learned religious affiliation is as valid as some Muslim who learned their religious belief.

YoursTrue

But you believe false ideas that other theists have told you are true. You reject what educated people explain to you. That is a bad state to live in.

You don't seem to have ever studied the Bible from a factual approach, only one that makes assumptions about the Bible being true. That makes it questionable and invalid from a rational perspective.

Given so many religions exist, and all of them invalidate each other, it's more likely that none of them are true at face value. None of them are based on fact, nor have beliefs based on reason. That you have your learned religious affiliation is as valid as some Muslim who learned their religious belief.
We all make choices.

As a Christian, I believe this to be true, specifically for those who reject the Truth of the Bible.

”Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.“
‭‭I Corinthians‬ ‭1‬:‭20‬-‭21‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

”For Jews request a sign, and Greeks seek after wisdom; but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks foolishness, but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.“
‭‭I Corinthians‬ ‭1‬:‭22‬-‭25‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Last edited:

2ndpillar

Unless you believe it is literal, as if David will be king again -- (and prince) -- it is obviously symbolic.
Matthew 1 went out of its way to say that Yeshua, who claimed to be the "son of man" was the seed of David. Yeshua claimed that the "son of man" would return "immediately after the tribulation" (Matthew 24:29), which has not occurred as of today. As for Ezekiel 37, it is dependent on Ezekiel 36, whereas the "house of Israel" would be taken "from the nations" and brought "to your own land" ("land given to Jacob"), now known as Israel. As with Joel 3:1-2, that starts with the restoration of Judah/Jews and Jerusalem, which is happening today, and is described in Zechariah 12, as Judah/Jews being a fire brand among "sheaves" (their neighbors), as is being carried out today, and was pointed out vigorously in the 1967 Israeli war. Ephraim, the lost 10 tribes, remains separate from Judah, and will not be reunited with Judah, until the time of Ezekiel 37, at a time when the land given to Jacob has been reclaimed, for them both to settle on, under a "covenant of peace" (Ezekiel 37:26) "forever". Yeshua gave his message, in alignment with Isaiah 6:9, in parables, so that those without ears could not understand. Apparently, Daniel, Isaiah and Ezekiel worked in a parallel universe. With respect to Daniel 12:10, the "wicked", those who commit lawlessness, which would include the followers of the false gospel of grace, of the false prophet Paul, would not understand. Parables use symbology, but for those with ears to hear, and eyes to see (Isaiah 6:9 & Matthew 13:13-14),, they are understood in reality.

2ndpillar

If you believe that verse is about Satan that makes absolutely no sense, because Christians believe that Satan is already in the world, not that Satan is "coming."
Yeshua stated that the "ruler was coming" while he was getting ready to leave the earth. The ruler of the world is Satan/dragon, who is the Lord of the world, and who gives his authority to the "beast" (Revelation 13), who sits on the "harlot"/Babylon, whose daughters are also represented by the "Christian" churches, of which many of the Protestant churches claim Babylon to be the Roman Catholic church, without acknowledging that they are daughters of the Roman Catholic churches. Not that Babylon is in fact the RCC, but she would be among the oldest of the daughters of Babylon. When the father of the "Christian" church, Paul, found himself in danger while in Jerusalem, he called on his Lord Caesar (horn of the beast) for protection. The devil/Satan/demons were present at the time of Yeshua, but their bulwark became complete following Yeshua going away, whereas the Roman church, was built on the authority of the "beast with two horns like a lamb", Constantine, whose authority came from the "dragon"/"devil" (Revelation 13). Their doctrines, the Trinity, and the day of the sun (Sunday) being the day of rest, were decrees set by Constantine in 321 and 325 A.D. Those with the mark of the beast, shall drink from the cup of God's anger/wrath (Revelation 14:10)

2ndpillar

@2ndpillar
The Apostles and elders agreed with Paul about what the Holy Spirit was showing them about the Gospel and the law. It’s right here, for you to say that Paul was a false prophet would be saying Peter, the rest of the Apostles and Elders were also false prophets.

”And certain men came down from Judea and taught the brethren, “Unless you are circumcised according to the custom of Moses, you cannot be saved.” Therefore, when Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and dispute with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas and certain others of them should go up to Jerusalem, to the apostles and elders, about this question. So, being sent on their way by the church, they passed through Phoenicia and Samaria, describing the conversion of the Gentiles; and they caused great joy to all the brethren. And when they had come to Jerusalem, they were received by the church and the apostles and the elders; and they reported all things that God had done with them. But some of the sect of the Pharisees who believed rose up, saying, “It is necessary to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.” Now the apostles and elders came together to consider this matter. And when there had been much dispute, Peter rose up and said to them: “Men and brethren, you know that a good while ago God chose among us, that by my mouth the Gentiles should hear the word of the gospel and believe. So God, who knows the heart, acknowledged them by giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He did to us, and made no distinction between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. Now therefore, why do you test God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear? But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved in the same manner as they.” Then all the multitude kept silent and listened to Barnabas and Paul declaring how many miracles and wonders God had worked through them among the Gentiles. And after they had become silent, James answered, saying, “Men and brethren, listen to me: Simon has declared how God at the first visited the Gentiles to take out of them a people for His name. And with this the words of the prophets agree, just as it is written: ‘After this I will return And will rebuild the tabernacle of David, which has fallen down; I will rebuild its ruins, And I will set it up; So that the rest of mankind may seek the Lord, Even all the Gentiles who are called by My name, Says the Lord who does all these things.’ Therefore I judge that we should not trouble those from among the Gentiles who are turning to God, but that we write to them to abstain from things polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from things strangled, and from blood. For Moses has had throughout many generations those who preach him in every city, being read in the synagogues every Sabbath.” Then it pleased the apostles and elders, with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas, namely, Judas who was also named Barsabas, and Silas, leading men among the brethren. They wrote this letter by them: The apostles, the elders, and the brethren, To the brethren who are of the Gentiles in Antioch, Syria, and Cilicia: Greetings. Since we have heard that some who went out from us have troubled you with words, unsettling your souls, saying, “You must be circumcised and keep the law” —to whom we gave no such commandment— it seemed good to us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men to you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul, men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. We have therefore sent Judas and Silas, who will also report the same things by word of mouth. For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things: that you abstain from things offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well. Farewell.“
‭‭Acts‬ ‭15‬:‭1‬-‭17‬, ‭19‬-‭29‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
You are using circular logic. The unknown author of Acts was supposedly a comrade of Paul, some part time historian, who took unattributed statements from different people. Many of those statements not being aligned with other statements. As for Peter, the "worthless shepherd" of Zechariah 11:17, he was the result of Yeshua fulfilling the Law and the prophets (Mt 5), with respect to Zechariah 11:16-17 and Isaiah 22:15-25. As for Paul and circumcision, according to Galatians 2, he circumcised his Gentile friend under pressure from the "presumed" "pillars" of the faith. As for why Paul had problems with "circumcision", that was in line with Zechariah 11:10, whereas the "shepherd"/"Favor"/Paul, one of the two shepherds the LORD chose to "shepherd"/"pasture" the "flock (church) doomed for destruction" (Zechariah 11:7), would try and cancel the covenant made with the peoples (Zech 11:10), which was circumcision, a covenant made with Abraham, whose name means father of the peoples/nations. Your quote was supposedly from Luke. Are you saying Luke was a prophet of God? As for what was said in Acts, do you avoid food that was strangled or from blood, or from eating things sacrificed to idols, which apparently Paul didn't, as he didn't believe in other gods, so he could eat want he wants because of his great faith.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Yeshua stated that the "ruler was coming" while he was getting ready to leave the earth. The ruler of the world is Satan/dragon, who is the Lord of the world, and who gives his authority to the "beast" (Revelation 13), who sits on the "harlot"/Babylon, whose daughters are also represented by the "Christian" churches, of which many of the Protestant churches claim Babylon to be the Roman Catholic church, without acknowledging that they are daughters of the Roman Catholic churches. Not that Babylon is in fact the RCC, but she would be among the oldest of the daughters of Babylon. When the father of the "Christian" church, Paul, found himself in danger while in Jerusalem, he called on his Lord Caesar (horn of the beast) for protection. The devil/Satan/demons were present at the time of Yeshua, but their bulwark became complete following Yeshua going away, whereas the Roman church, was built on the authority of the "beast with two horns like a lamb", Constantine, whose authority came from the "dragon"/"devil" (Revelation 13). Their doctrines, the Trinity, and the day of the sun (Sunday) being the day of rest, were decrees set by Constantine in 321 and 325 A.D. Those with the mark of the beast, shall drink from the cup of God's anger/wrath (Revelation 14:10)
We all have our beliefs. I do not believe that the prince of this world is Satan. I believe it is Baha'u'llah.
That is explained in the following article:

Of the five key prophecies by Jesus Christ fulfilled by Baha’u’llah, cited by Shoghi Effendi in God Passes By, Baha’u’llah’s messianic identification as the “Prince of this world” is presumably based on this tablet from Abdu’l-Baha:

Thou didst ask as to chapter 14, verse 30 of the Gospel of John, where the Lord Christ saith, ’Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the Prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in Me.’ The Prince of this world is the Blessed Beauty [Baha’u’llah]; and ’hath nothing in Me’ signifieth: after Me all will draw grace from Me, but He is independent of Me, and will draw no grace from Me. That is, He is rich beyond any grace of Mine. – Abdu’l-Baha, Selections From the Writings of Abdu’l-Baha, p. 171.

The verse in question is John 14:30:

Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me. – John 14:30.

Baha’u’llah as the Prince of Peace

You are using circular logic. The unknown author of Acts was supposedly a comrade of Paul, some part time historian, who took unattributed statements from different people. Many of those statements not being aligned with other statements. As for Peter, the "worthless shepherd" of Zechariah 11:17, he was the result of Yeshua fulfilling the Law and the prophets (Mt 5), with respect to Zechariah 11:16-17 and Isaiah 22:15-25. As for Paul and circumcision, according to Galatians 2, he circumcised his Gentile friend under pressure from the "presumed" "pillars" of the faith. As for why Paul had problems with "circumcision", that was in line with Zechariah 11:10, whereas the "shepherd"/"Favor"/Paul, one of the two shepherds the LORD chose to "shepherd"/"pasture" the "flock (church) doomed for destruction" (Zechariah 11:7), would try and cancel the covenant made with the peoples (Zech 11:10), which was circumcision, a covenant made with Abraham, whose name means father of the peoples/nations. Your quote was supposedly from Luke. Are you saying Luke was a prophet of God? As for what was said in Acts, do you avoid food that was strangled or from blood, or from eating things sacrificed to idols, which apparently Paul didn't, as he didn't believe in other gods, so he could eat want he wants because of his great faith.
You have some problems with that seen as the Apostles are the 12 foundations of the walls in the new Jerusalem, the Bride of Christ.

”One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb.” And he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and showed me the Holy City, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God. It shone with the glory of God, and its brilliance was like that of a very precious jewel, like a jasper, clear as crystal. It had a great, high wall with twelve gates, and with twelve angels at the gates. On the gates were written the names of the twelve tribes of Israel. There were three gates on the east, three on the north, three on the south and three on the west. The wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.“
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭21‬:‭9‬-‭14‬ ‭NIV‬‬

2ndpillar

You miss the point every time, when was your last offering for sin made by the High Priest performed and the blood offered for you in the Holy of Holies?
The sin offering in the "holy of holies" happens only at the high holy sabbath of the feast of Atonement, which does and did not happen on Passover, or on the feast of unleavened bread. The feast of Atonement happens in the fall, just preceding Sukkot, not in the spring. Sukkot would be the final harvest, which symbolically, hasn't happened. Yeshua pointed out that forgiving sin and healing are the same. As James noted, to be healed, as was done in the time of Elijah, simply confess your sins and get someone who is righteous to pray for your forgiveness. Someone who is righteous is with God, and as said by Yeshua, you will do greater thing than I, once I leave. Someone who sins is separated from God (Isaiah 59:2), and his prayers are apparently not heard.

Isaiah 59:2 But your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God, And your sins have hidden His face from you, so that He does not hear.