• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

By the way -- if you claim to be a Christian...

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Sentences ending in a ? means the poster has asked you a question and would like you to address that particular point.
I remember seeing a question mark by itself and not attached to a sentence so if you'd like to recall the post in question, thanks. Otherwise later...

2ndpillar

Well that’s not what the Bible says on how a person gets born again.
It’s obvious you are not born again, you don’t even know how to be.
This is how God sees your works:
”But we are all like an unclean thing, And all our righteousnesses are like filthy rags; We all fade as a leaf, And our iniquities, like the wind, Have taken us away.“
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭64‬:‭6‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
How are your sins atoned for?
Is Jesus Christ God?
As Isaiah says, "our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away". One has to turn away from their sins (Ezekiel 18:21-22)

Ezekie 18:21 But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

22 All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live.

As Isaiah says, "our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away". One has to turn away from their sins (Ezekiel 18:21-22)

Ezekie 18:21 But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

22 All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live.
Yeah you won’t die for your sin when you turn away from it but what about your eternal consequences? Where’s your blood sacrifice for sin?
You’re still in your sins, here is the law you’re breaking:
”“ ‘On the tenth day of this seventh month hold a sacred assembly. You must deny yourselves and do no work. Present as an aroma pleasing to the Lord a burnt offering of one young bull, one ram and seven male lambs a year old, all without defect. With the bull offer a grain offering of three-tenths of an ephah of the finest flour mixed with oil; with the ram, two-tenths; and with each of the seven lambs, one-tenth. Include one male goat as a sin offering, in addition to the sin offering for atonement and the regular burnt offering with its grain offering, and their drink offerings.“
‭‭Numbers‬ ‭29‬:‭7‬-‭11‬ ‭NIV‬‬
”“Speak to Aaron and his sons and to all the Israelites and say to them: ‘This is what the Lord has commanded: Any Israelite who sacrifices an ox, a lamb or a goat in the camp or outside of it instead of bringing it to the entrance to the tent of meeting to present it as an offering to the Lord in front of the tabernacle of the Lord—that person shall be considered guilty of bloodshed; they have shed blood and must be cut off from their people. This is so the Israelites will bring to the Lord the sacrifices they are now making in the open fields. They must bring them to the priest, that is, to the Lord, at the entrance to the tent of meeting and sacrifice them as fellowship offerings. The priest is to splash the blood against the altar of the Lord at the entrance to the tent of meeting and burn the fat as an aroma pleasing to the Lord. They must no longer offer any of their sacrifices to the goat idols to whom they prostitute themselves. This is to be a lasting ordinance for them and for the generations to come.’“
‭‭Leviticus‬ ‭17‬:‭2‬-‭7‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Notice the Feasts and Sacrifices still being observed which you are obligated to if you’re still under the law for your righteousness:

”Now the Festival of Unleavened Bread, called the Passover, was approaching, and the chief priests and the teachers of the law were looking for some way to get rid of Jesus, for they were afraid of the people.“
‭‭Luke‬ ‭22‬:‭1‬-‭2‬ ‭NIV‬‬

But I’m not because Jesus Christ is my once and for all sacrifice for sin, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the World:
”The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! This is the one I meant when I said, ‘A man who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’ I myself did not know him, but the reason I came baptizing with water was that he might be revealed to Israel.” Then John gave this testimony: “I saw the Spirit come down from heaven as a dove and remain on him. And I myself did not know him, but the one who sent me to baptize with water told me, ‘The man on whom you see the Spirit come down and remain is the one who will baptize with the Holy Spirit.’ I have seen and I testify that this is God’s Chosen One.”“
‭‭John‬ ‭1‬:‭29‬-‭34‬ ‭NIV‬‬

More law about sin that you’re under, if you reject Jesus Christ as your atonement for sin:
”The Lord said to Moses and Aaron: “This is a requirement of the law that the Lord has commanded: Tell the Israelites to bring you a red heifer without defect or blemish and that has never been under a yoke. Give it to Eleazar the priest; it is to be taken outside the camp and slaughtered in his presence. Then Eleazar the priest is to take some of its blood on his finger and sprinkle it seven times toward the front of the tent of meeting. While he watches, the heifer is to be burned—its hide, flesh, blood and intestines. The priest is to take some cedar wood, hyssop and scarlet wool and throw them onto the burning heifer. After that, the priest must wash his clothes and bathe himself with water. He may then come into the camp, but he will be ceremonially unclean till evening. The man who burns it must also wash his clothes and bathe with water, and he too will be unclean till evening. “A man who is clean shall gather up the ashes of the heifer and put them in a ceremonially clean place outside the camp. They are to be kept by the Israelite community for use in the water of cleansing; it is for purification from sin. The man who gathers up the ashes of the heifer must also wash his clothes, and he too will be unclean till evening. This will be a lasting ordinance both for the Israelites and for the foreigners residing among them. “Whoever touches a human corpse will be unclean for seven days. They must purify themselves with the water on the third day and on the seventh day; then they will be clean. But if they do not purify themselves on the third and seventh days, they will not be clean. If they fail to purify themselves after touching a human corpse, they defile the Lord’s tabernacle. They must be cut off from Israel. Because the water of cleansing has not been sprinkled on them, they are unclean; their uncleanness remains on them.“
‭‭Numbers‬ ‭19‬:‭1‬-‭13‬ ‭NIV‬‬

2ndpillar

More law about sin that you’re under, if you reject Jesus Christ as your atonement for sin:
”The Lord said to Moses and Aaron: “This is a requirement of the law that the Lord has commanded: Tell the Israelites to bring you a red heifer without defect or blemish and that has never been under a yoke. Give it to Eleazar the priest; it is to be taken outside the camp and slaughtered in his presence. Then Eleazar the priest is to take some of its blood on his finger and sprinkle it seven times toward the front of the tent of meeting. While he watches, the heifer is to be burned—its hide, flesh, blood and intestines. The priest is to take some cedar wood, hyssop and scarlet wool and throw them onto the burning heifer. After that, the priest must wash his clothes and bathe himself with water. He may then come into the camp, but he will be ceremonially unclean till evening. The man who burns it must also wash his clothes and bathe with water, and he too will be unclean till evening. “A man who is clean shall gather up the ashes of the heifer and put them in a ceremonially clean place outside the camp. They are to be kept by the Israelite community for use in the water of cleansing; it is for purification from sin. The man who gathers up the ashes of the heifer must also wash his clothes, and he too will be unclean till evening. This will be a lasting ordinance both for the Israelites and for the foreigners residing among them. “Whoever touches a human corpse will be unclean for seven days. They must purify themselves with the water on the third day and on the seventh day; then they will be clean. But if they do not purify themselves on the third and seventh days, they will not be clean. If they fail to purify themselves after touching a human corpse, they defile the Lord’s tabernacle. They must be cut off from Israel. Because the water of cleansing has not been sprinkled on them, they are unclean; their uncleanness remains on them.“
‭‭Numbers‬ ‭19‬:‭1‬-‭13‬ ‭NIV‬‬
Per Ezekiel 37:22-24 the combined Judah and Ephraim/Israel will be made clean after they are made one nation on the land given to Jacob/Israel. As for the blood of the red heifers, the priests of Israel have already procured them from a Texas rancher. Mixing ashes (pot ash) with water is how you make soap. Do you have something against soap? Although there will be no sacrifice until after the survivors (post day of the LORD) of the nations/Gentiles, come to Jerusalem every year on the feast of Booths, after the vessels have been sanctified (Zechariah 14:15-21). Plus, the Levites will have to be sanctified as well (Malachi 3:2-3).

Ezekiel 37: 22and I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel; and one king will be king for all of them; and they will no longer be two nations and no longer be divided into two kingdoms. 23“They will no longer defile themselves with their idols, or with their detestable things, or with any of their transgressions; but I will deliver them from all their dwelling places in which they have sinned, and will cleanse them. And they will be My people, and I will be their God.

24“My servant David will be king over them, and they will all have one shepherd; and they will walk in My ordinances and keep My statutes and observe them. 25“They will live on the land that I gave to Jacob My servant, in which your fathers lived; and they will live on it, they, and their sons and their sons’ sons, forever; and David My servant will be their prince forever.

2ndpillar

Notice the Feasts and Sacrifices still being observed which you are obligated to if you’re still under the law for your righteousness:

”Now the Festival of Unleavened Bread, called the Passover, was approaching, and the chief priests and the teachers of the law were looking for some way to get rid of Jesus, for they were afraid of the people.“
‭‭Luke‬ ‭22‬:‭1‬-‭2‬ ‭NIV‬‬

But I’m not because Jesus Christ is my once and for all sacrifice for sin, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the World:
”The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! This is the one I meant when I said, ‘A man who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’ I myself did not know him, but the reason I came baptizing with water was that he might be revealed to Israel.” Then John gave this testimony: “I saw the Spirit come down from heaven as a dove and remain on him. And I myself did not know him, but the one who sent me to baptize with water told me, ‘The man on whom you see the Spirit come down and remain is the one who will baptize with the Holy Spirit.’ I have seen and I testify that this is God’s Chosen One.”“
‭‭John‬ ‭1‬:‭29‬-‭34‬ ‭NIV‬‬
Passover, with respect to the spring harvest, is with respect to the angels of death passing over, not for the forgiveness of sin, which is a later feast, which is with respect to the fall harvest. The "reaper" "angels" are returning on the "day of the LORD" (Joel 2:31-32) to judge the nations (Joel 3:1-2) and revive Judah. With respect to the "Christians" lawlessness, they will gather the lawless, the tares, and throw them into the furnace of fire, at the "end of the age" (Matthew 13:30 & 39-42).

2ndpillar

Yeah you won’t die for your sin when you turn away from it but what about your eternal consequences? Where’s your blood sacrifice for sin?
You’re still in your sins, here is the law you’re breaking:
”“ ‘On the tenth day of this seventh month hold a sacred assembly. You must deny yourselves and do no work. Present as an aroma pleasing to the Lord a burnt offering of one young bull, one ram and seven male lambs a year old, all without defect. With the bull offer a grain offering of three-tenths of an ephah of the finest flour mixed with oil; with the ram, two-tenths; and with each of the seven lambs, one-tenth. Include one male goat as a sin offering, in addition to the sin offering for atonement and the regular burnt offering with its grain offering, and their drink offerings.“
‭‭Numbers‬ ‭29‬:‭7‬-‭11‬ ‭NIV‬‬
”“Speak to Aaron and his sons and to all the Israelites and say to them: ‘This is what the Lord has commanded: Any Israelite who sacrifices an ox, a lamb or a goat in the camp or outside of it instead of bringing it to the entrance to the tent of meeting to present it as an offering to the Lord in front of the tabernacle of the Lord—that person shall be considered guilty of bloodshed; they have shed blood and must be cut off from their people. This is so the Israelites will bring to the Lord the sacrifices they are now making in the open fields. They must bring them to the priest, that is, to the Lord, at the entrance to the tent of meeting and sacrifice them as fellowship offerings. The priest is to splash the blood against the altar of the Lord at the entrance to the tent of meeting and burn the fat as an aroma pleasing to the Lord. They must no longer offer any of their sacrifices to the goat idols to whom they prostitute themselves. This is to be a lasting ordinance for them and for the generations to come.’“
‭‭Leviticus‬ ‭17‬:‭2‬-‭7‬ ‭NIV‬‬
Consequences are with regard to one's deeds/fruits, whether good or bad (Revelation 20:12). You remain unclean in your beliefs, and have to trundle your weary body to the doctor on a ever increasing schedule. One can be washed by virtue of being baptized in the spirit, or by being baptized by fire (furnace of fire). (Matthew 3 & 13:30)

Consequences are with regard to one's deeds/fruits, whether good or bad (Revelation 20:12). You remain unclean in your beliefs, and have to trundle your weary body to the doctor on an ever increasing schedule. One can be washed by virtue of being baptized in the spirit, or by being baptized by fire (furnace of fire). (Matthew 3 & 13:30)
I go to my Jehovah Rapha all day long

Consequences are with regard to one's deeds/fruits, whether good or bad (Revelation 20:12). You remain unclean in your beliefs, and have to trundle your weary body to the doctor on a ever increasing schedule. One can be washed by virtue of being baptized in the spirit, or by being baptized by fire (furnace of fire). (Matthew 3 & 13:30)
I thought you were saying that Jesus Christ was not the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world? Jesus Christ baptizes a person in the Holy Spirit when they repent and believe the Gospel. Notice Cornelius was a just man and still needed to be saved and was. He was a Gentile, saved and baptized in the Holy Spirit by receiving the Gospel not by any works of the law.

”Then Peter went down to the men who had been sent to him from Cornelius, and said, “Yes, I am he whom you seek. For what reason have you come?” And they said, “Cornelius the centurion, a just man, one who fears God and has a good reputation among all the nation of the Jews, was divinely instructed by a holy angel to summon you to his house, and to hear words from you.” Then he invited them in and lodged them. On the next day Peter went away with them, and some brethren from Joppa accompanied him. And the following day they entered Caesarea. Now Cornelius was waiting for them, and had called together his relatives and close friends. As Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him and fell down at his feet and worshiped him. But Peter lifted him up, saying, “Stand up; I myself am also a man.” And as he talked with him, he went in and found many who had come together. Then he said to them, “You know how unlawful it is for a Jewish man to keep company with or go to one of another nation. But God has shown me that I should not call any man common or unclean. Therefore I came without objection as soon as I was sent for. I ask, then, for what reason have you sent for me?” So Cornelius said, “Four days ago I was fasting until this hour; and at the ninth hour I prayed in my house, and behold, a man stood before me in bright clothing, and said, ‘Cornelius, your prayer has been heard, and your alms are remembered in the sight of God. Send therefore to Joppa and call Simon here, whose surname is Peter. He is lodging in the house of Simon, a tanner, by the sea. When he comes, he will speak to you.’ So I sent to you immediately, and you have done well to come. Now therefore, we are all present before God, to hear all the things commanded you by God.” Then Peter opened his mouth and said: “In truth I perceive that God shows no partiality. But in every nation whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him. The word which God sent to the children of Israel, preaching peace through Jesus Christ—He is Lord of all— that word you know, which was proclaimed throughout all Judea, and began from Galilee after the baptism which John preached: how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him. And we are witnesses of all things which He did both in the land of the Jews and in Jerusalem, whom they killed by hanging on a tree. Him God raised up on the third day, and showed Him openly, not to all the people, but to witnesses chosen before by God, even to us who ate and drank with Him after He arose from the dead. And He commanded us to preach to the people, and to testify that it is He who was ordained by God to be Judge of the living and the dead. To Him all the prophets witness that, through His name, whoever believes in Him will receive remission of sins.” While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell upon all those who heard the word. And those of the circumcision who believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Gentiles also. For they heard them speak with tongues and magnify God. Then Peter answered, “Can anyone forbid water, that these should not be baptized who have received the Holy Spirit just as we have?” And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then they asked him to stay a few days.“
‭‭Acts‬ ‭10‬:‭21‬-‭48‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

2ndpillar

Now you’re either a false prophet or speaking word curses or both.
The prophecy involved is Revelation 18:4, with respect to those who remain within the daughters of Babylon ("her"), who will remain with their plagues, until they "come out of her", and quit participating in her sins.

2ndpillar

I thought you were saying that Jesus Christ was not the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world? Jesus Christ baptizes a person in the Holy Spirit when they repent and believe the Gospel. Notice Cornelius was a just man and still needed to be saved and was. He was a Gentile, saved and baptized in the Holy Spirit by receiving the Gospel not by any works of the law.
Receiving the "gospel", whether the gospel of the "enemy" (Matthew 13;25), or the gospel ("word of the kingdom")(Mt 13:19), of the "son of man" (Mt 13:37), does not guarantee you being "saved" (Matthew 13:20-23), for any seed cast onto ground which is not good, and becomes "unfruitful", not producing good fruit, it is cut down and thrown into the fire (Matthew 3:10). You will know them by their fruits (Matthew 7:17), and any tree which does not bear good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire (Matthew 7:19).

The prophecy involved is Revelation 18:4, with respect to those who remain within the daughters of Babylon ("her"), who will remain with their plagues, until they "come out of her", and quit participating in her sins.
Well, come out of Babylon and live Holy, if you are living by the law then keep it to perfection, that’s the requirement. Even unintentional sin is falling short.

2ndpillar

I go to my Jehovah Rapha all day long
You may pray to your "Jehovah Rapha" all day long, but as long as you remain in Babylon (Revelation 18:4), your prayers will not be answered according to John 9:31, whereas sin is transgression of the law. When one sins in ignorance, then the repercussions are minimalized, but when one is told the truth, and rejects that truth, then there will be no rock to hide under (Revelation 6:15-17). At the time of the 6th seal (Rev i6:12), you will find out if your calling to the "Lord", as proscribed by your false prophet Paul, will be of any help, or if Yeshua will simply say to those who commit lawlessness, and calls Lord, Lord, Yeshua will say, "I never knew you" (Matthew 7:22-23).

John 9:31 We know that God does not listen to sinners; but if someone is God-fearing and does His will, He listens to him.

King James Bible 1 John 3:4
Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law

2ndpillar

Well, come out of Babylon and live Holy, if you are living by the law then keep it to perfection, that’s the requirement. Even unintentional sin is falling short.
According to Yeshua, to "enter into life" and become "perfect"/"complete" one must first keep the Commandments, and then sell all they own and "follow me". (Matthew 19:16-21). If you can't keep the Commandments, in which the "Word of God" (Revelation 19:13) says they are not difficult, how do you think you will become "perfect"? The time of keeping the "statutes" and "ordinances" is after Judah and Ephraim are reunited with David being their king (Ezekiel 37:22-24) and they are given a new heart and spirit (Ezekiel 36:27).

1 John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments; and His commandments are not burdensome.

Deut 30:11 For this commandment which I command you today is not too difficult for you, nor is it out of reach.

According to Yeshua, to "enter into life" and become "perfect"/"complete" one must first keep the Commandments, and then sell all they own and "follow me". (Matthew 19:16-21). If you can't keep the Commandments, in which the "Word of God" (Revelation 19:13) says they are not difficult, how do you think you will become "perfect"? The time of keeping the "statutes" and "ordinances" is after Judah and Ephraim are reunited with David being their king (Ezekiel 37:22-24) and they are given a new heart and spirit (Ezekiel 36:27).

1 John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments; and His commandments are not burdensome.

Deut 30:11 For this commandment which I command you today is not too difficult for you, nor is it out of reach.
Sell all you have then, and follow Jesus if that’s what He is telling you. Be perfect, obey the law if you can. That’s up to you, but if you don’t have a sacrifice for your sin or water for your purification with the ashes of a red heifer then you are not clean according to the law.