• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

By the way -- if you claim to be a Christian...

2ndpillar

As a Christian I believe these people have been miraculously changed because I was one of these

Matthew 13:19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

20 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;

21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.

23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
As one being followed around and constantly judged, what you say here has not been my observation.
I am not sure what other threads you respond to. But I do wonder why someone claims to believe in the theory of evolution (no matter how reasonable it may seem to that person, that is not the question) and yet claims belief in Jesus Christ as Messiah and son of God and/or maybe the trinity. I think those are reasonable questions and I really do notice it is viewed as persecution when I ask such questions of certain ones. Wonder why there is no answer from some astute ones. I find your answers interesting sometimes. Am I not allowed to comment on a post of yours? P.S. I do leave the judging up to God but do you think I have a right to ask questions perhaps even about logic?

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
I am not sure what other threads you respond to. But I do wonder why someone claims to believe in the theory of evolution (no matter how reasonable it may seem to that person, that is not the question) and yet claims belief in Jesus Christ as Messiah and son of God and/or maybe the trinity. I think those are reasonable questions and I really do notice it is viewed as persecution when I ask such questions of certain ones. Wonder why there is no answer from some astute ones. I find your answers interesting sometimes. Am I not allowed to comment on a post of yours?
I notice not one comment disagreeing with my conclusions or observations. I appreciate that.

Wonder all you like. I have no interest in discussing the matter with you.

I find it amusing and ironic that this started off as way to avoid answering reasonable questions I put to you and others in a thread about demons. The irony is that now you are complaining that I won't answer your questions. Good grief!

YoursTrue

I notice not one comment disagreeing with my conclusions or observations. I appreciate that.

I find it amusing and ironic that this started off as way to avoid answering reasonable questions I put to you and others in a thread about demons. The irony is that now you are complaining that I won't answer your questions. Good grief!
I find it sad that someone professing belief in God somewhat as a purported Christian does not believe the Biblical accounts particularly of the lineage especially from Adam to Jesus. Now I wonder but I won't ask if some people that are like that believe Jesus performed miracles. Thank you very much for your post above.

YoursTrue

I wonder why you have "no interest" in discussing this with me. But it's ok. I got it. Thanks. I do not recall reasonable questions from you in a thread about demons. Maybe I'll look for it, but since you say you have no interest in discussing these particular questions with me -- it's ok.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I find it sad that someone professing belief in God somewhat as a purported Christian does not believe the Biblical accounts particularly of the lineage especially from Adam to Jesus. Now I wonder but I won't ask if some people that are like that believe Jesus performed miracles. Thank you very much for your post above.
I believe I have all the information I need from my previous observations, but thank you for providing more.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I checked, I do not see your questions directed to me. Yes if they were, I must have missed them. Well anyway, have a good night.
Believe whatever you like. The record exists. You have a splendiferous, sumptuous, staggeringly stupendous, stunning good night.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I checked, I do not see your questions directed to me. Yes if they were, I must have missed them. Well anyway, have a good night.

Sentences ending in a ? means the poster has asked you a question and would like you to address that particular point.

Well, I have tried to turn you away from your sins, but apparently, that is not happening. As far as you and your "Christians" being able to heal themselves or others, through confession to each other and their righteous prayers, that is not happening. Keep in mind that "sin" is transgression of the law. You seem to think you have overridden the law by your faith in the gospel of grace, but that gospel is the wide path to "destruction" (Mt 7:12-15).

1 John 3:4 Everyone who practices sin practices lawlessness as well. Indeed, sin is lawlessness.
What make you believe I don’t keep the commandments of God?
They just aren’t what makes me righteous before God, what Jesus did at the Cross and being my atonement for sin is what makes me righteous before God.
You have broken the commandments and have not kept them so my question is how are your sins atoned for ?
How do you believe a person is born again ?

Last edited:
I find it amusing and ironic that this started off as way to avoid answering reasonable questions I put to you and others in a thread about demons
Christians can be demonized:
”“In your anger do not sin”: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold.“
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭4‬:‭26‬-‭27‬ ‭NIV‬‬

2ndpillar

What make you believe I don’t keep the commandments of God?
They just aren’t what makes me righteous before God, what Jesus did at the Cross and being my atonement for sin is what makes me righteous before God.
You have broken the commandments and have not kept them so my question is how are your sins atoned for ?
How do you believe a person is born again ?
Claiming to be a "Christian", you will no doubt keep the decrees/commandments of the "beast with two horns like a lamb", Constantine, in which you keep the day of the sun as your Sabbath (day of rest), or as in recent times, have no day of rest, and do not keep the Sabbath of the Torah, and you keep the doctrine of the Trinity, which is against the 1st Commandment, which was established at Constantine's Council of Nicaea in 325 A.D. One is either born of God, and cannot sin, or sin, and are born of the devil, and follow the false prophet of Rev 16:13 & 1 John 3:8-9 If you had been atoned for, then you would not carry the plagues of Babylon.

1 John 3:8-9

New International Version

8 The one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work. 9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.​

Claiming to be a "Christian", you will no doubt keep the decrees/commandments of the "beast with two horns like a lamb", Constantine, in which you keep the day of the sun as your Sabbath (day of rest), or as in recent times, have no day of rest, and do not keep the Sabbath of the Torah, and you keep the doctrine of the Trinity, which is against the 1st Commandment, which was established at Constantine's Council of Nicaea in 325 A.D. One is either born of God, and cannot sin, or sin, and are born of the devil, and follow the false prophet of Rev 16:13 & 1 John 3:8-9 If you had been atoned for, then you would not carry the plagues of Babylon.

1 John 3:8-9​

New International Version​

8 The one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work. 9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.​

You going to answer the questions ?

2ndpillar

You going to answer the questions ?
1 John 3:8-9 answers your question with respect to being born again, as in born of God, with respect to the seed of God, the message of Yeshua. The one that does righteousness, as in an active event, they are righteous, the one that sin, they are of the devil. If you are following the decrees of the "beast", whose authority comes from the "dragon"/"devil"/Satan (Revelation 13:4, then you are not following the Commandments of God.

Luke 18:11 (Matthew 13:20)
11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.

12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.

13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

1 John 3:8-9 answers your question with respect to being born again, as in born of God, with respect to the seed of God, the message of Yeshua. The one that does righteousness, as in an active event, they are righteous, the one that sin, they are of the devil. If you are following the decrees of the "beast", whose authority comes from the "dragon"/"devil"/Satan (Revelation 13:4, then you are not following the Commandments of God.

Luke 18:11 (Matthew 13:20)
11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.

12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.

13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.
Well that’s not what the Bible says on how a person gets born again.
It’s obvious you are not born again, you don’t even know how to be.
This is how God sees your works:
”But we are all like an unclean thing, And all our righteousnesses are like filthy rags; We all fade as a leaf, And our iniquities, like the wind, Have taken us away.“
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭64‬:‭6‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
How are your sins atoned for?
Is Jesus Christ God?