• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

By the way -- if you claim to be a Christian...

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Yes, there are hundreds at least of conflicting beliefs....... that is a reason why the word 'few' appears at Matthew 7:14
That does Not mean there is Not a narrow road to follow.
I like Psalm 119:105 because Scripture is like a light (flashlight) to our immediate steps and like High Beams illuminating the dark road ahead of us.
Yes, if we don't use the word then we can't follow the road. Or be on the road.

YoursTrue

To 'believe' there is one and only one true road, is to be in a rut you cannot see over the rim.
I believe the following. Obviously others can believe what they like or want. But this is what I believe:
"But the gateway to life is very narrow and the road is difficult, and only a few ever find it." Matthew 7:14
P.S. I leave the judging up to God.

YoursTrue

Don’t agree with that statement. Jesus Christ wasn’t a Christian. He is Almighty God and The King of Kings.
I agree Jesus was not a Christian. He was the Christ. Notice what he said to his heavenly Father in prayer about his followers:
“Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world." John 17:24

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
Jesus said to follow him.
Jesus said many things

Today , people interprete that however they want.
But the fact is , whenever Jesus claimed to be God , he was stoned by the Jews , because they considered that for blasphemy.
Like John 10:30-33
Like John 8:58
The Jews, upon hearing Him, clearly understood that He was claiming preexistence and, more than that, to be Yahweh, the great 'I AM' of Exodus 3:14. On this occasion, too, they tried to stone Him for blasphemy.

But he did not deny any of those claims.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I would not say that the bible is unimportant. It is perhaps the best information that we have about the life and teachings of Jesus.
It also contains a lot of background material about the religious myths from the earliest times of the Jewish peoples and their creation stories.
It tells us almost nothing about the nature of God that is not presented in. mythical terms or is contradictory.
The best that we can take from it is a way of life as taught by Jesus.
It is not the way of life as taught by the Jews whose concept of God and rule based faith was very different.
It is important for a Christian to distinguish the difference, Were it not so Jesus life is meaningless.

2ndpillar

I’m trusting in the blood of Jesus Christ as my atonement and have no confidence in my flesh or works of the law for my righteousness. It’s all what He has done for me, His Works.
Well, according to Yeshua, he came to fulfill the Law and the prophets (Matthew 5:17), and as they are read, he has some work left to do. As for who makes his enemies a footstool for his feet, well that would be the LORD (Psalms 110:1), and that has not been finished either.

Christ was a Jew. The "Christian" religion, and its false gospel of grace/cross, was the product of Paul. Yeshua's message was the kingdom of heaven.
No it’s not a false Gospel…Jesus was the Passover Lamb, when He made atonement for sin at the Cross the Veil of the temple was torn in 2 from top to bottom by God. That shows the animal sacrifices are done and way into the Holy of Holies was now through Jesus Christ, He is the once for all sacrifice for sin.
How have your sins been atoned for? You are still in them and the wrath of God rests on you.
Once you break the law even once you’re guilty, we all are, so you think keeping some of the law and doing the best you can will be good enough? That’s a false gospel and no gospel at all

Last edited:

YoursTrue

Jesus said many things

But the fact is , whenever Jesus claimed to be God , he was stoned by the Jews , because they considered that for blasphemy.
The Jews, upon hearing Him, clearly understood that He was claiming preexistence and, more than that, to be Yahweh, the great 'I AM' of Exodus 3:14. On this occasion, too, they tried to stone Him for blasphemy.

In reference to all that, let's remember that Jesus reminded his accusers that they, too, were called 'gods.' Remember?

YoursTrue

Jesus said many things

And he also did not deny that the Father GAVE HIM glory. "Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world." John 17:24

As a Christian I believe these people have been miraculously changed because I was one of these

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
In reference to all that, let's remember that Jesus reminded his accusers that they, too, were called 'gods.' Remember?
Let's also remember this

John 10
"What about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’? Do not believe me unless I do the works of my Father.But if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father."

2ndpillar

No it’s not a false Gospel…Jesus was the Passover Lamb, when He made atonement for sin at the Cross the Veil of the temple was torn in 2 from top to bottom by God. That shows the animal sacrifices are done and way into the Holy of Holies was now through Jesus Christ, He is the once for all sacrifice for sin.
How have your sins been atoned for? You are still in them and the wrath of God rests on you.
Once you break the law even once you’re guilty, we all are, so you think keeping some of the law and doing the best you can will be good enough? That’s a false gospel and no gospel at all
Well, if Yeshua made atonement on the cross, then you can throw away the phone number of your doctor, for you would be healed. The only ones who are healed are those who confess their sins and have a righteous person, someone who does right, pray for them, as in the case of Elijah (James 5:15-16). As for the day of atonement, as in the feast of Atonement, Yom Kippur, is when Judah will be "restored" (Hosea 6:1-2 & Joel 3:1-2), happens at the time that the nations/Gentiles are judged, as in the "day of the LORD" (Joel 2:31-32 & 3:1-2), when those in Jerusalem and on Mount Zion will "escape", as in being saved from death. On Yom Kippur, the sins are dealt with, with the blood of a bull. The sacrifice of the lamb is with respect to the feast of Unleavened Bread, whereas the angel of death flies over those with the blood of the lamb on their doorpost, which would refer to the "escape" of those on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem, during the "day of the LORD", from the angels of death. Those on Mount Zion are those who keep the Commandments, and nail the Law to their doorposts, as stated in Law and the prophets (Dt 6:9). It is the gospel of the kingdom of heaven which will be preached in the end (Matthew 24:14), whereas those who follow the "message' of the "enemy"/"devil", the message of Paul, will be gathered and thrown into the fire (Matthew 13:30). At that time, I don't think your oven mitts will protect you.

Deuteronomy 6:9 You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Well, if Yeshua made atonement on the cross, then you can throw away the phone number of your doctor, for you would be healed. The only ones who are healed are those who confess their sins and have a righteous person, someone who does right, pray for them, as in the case of Elijah (James 5:15-16).
You botch the scriptures:
”Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise. Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. Elijah was a human being, even as we are. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years. Again he prayed, and the heavens gave rain, and the earth produced its crops. My brothers and sisters, if one of you should wander from the truth and someone should bring that person back, remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of their way will save them from death and cover over a multitude of sins.“
‭‭James‬ ‭5‬:‭13‬-‭20‬ ‭NIV‬‬

2ndpillar

: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of their way will save them from death and cover over a multitude of sins.“
Well, I have tried to turn you away from your sins, but apparently, that is not happening. As far as you and your "Christians" being able to heal themselves or others, through confession to each other and their righteous prayers, that is not happening. Keep in mind that "sin" is transgression of the law. You seem to think you have overridden the law by your faith in the gospel of grace, but that gospel is the wide path to "destruction" (Mt 7:12-15).

1 John 3:4 Everyone who practices sin practices lawlessness as well. Indeed, sin is lawlessness.