• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

By the way -- if you claim to be a Christian...

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I do disagree that fallible humans will find truth by this method, because many people in different conflicting beliefs spend their live looking for and claiming to have 'found' the truth, and unfortunately none of them agree. A dew years does not help.
I think we must differentiate “truth” from those areas that aren’t so clear. Truth is pretty clear.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
It was more than just apocalyptic. To find truth, you have to dig for truth. The evidence, however paltry you may view it, changed the known world in a matter of a few years.
Or the legend grew over the first century or so.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
I think we must differentiate “truth” from those areas that aren’t so clear. Truth is pretty clear.
Not always. For example, it is true that all the matter you see is made of atoms which are made from protons, neutrons, and electrons. But it is far from obvious and not even known until the last century.

Truth requires not just attention, but testing and trying to show ideas to be wrong.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Here's how Jesus put it about evidence. By the way, I believe what Jesus said. Jesus cried out, “Whoever believes in Me does not believe in Me alone, but in the One who sent Me. 45And whoever sees Me sees the One who sent Me. 46I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in Me should remain in darkness."
To me, this is true.

Since you believe those verses are true, which are presumably Jesus' words, I'm curious to know if you believe the following verses are also true.

According to the Bible, Jesus described hell as “eternal fire” (Matthew 25:41), “unquenchable fire” (Matthew 3:12), where “the fire is not quenched” (Mark 9:44–49), and a place of “torment” and “fire” (Luke 16:23–24). Furthermore, according to the Bible, hell is described as “shame and everlasting contempt” (Daniel 12:2), a place of suffering eternal destruction away from the presence of the Lord (2 Thessalonians 1:9), a place where “the smoke of torment rises forever and ever” (Revelation 14:10-11), and a “lake of burning sulfur,” and the wicked are “tormented day and night forever and ever” (Revelation 20:10).

You stated in an earlier post (#1,673) that you've studied about what hell and death are and that you have reason to believe the threat of burning forever in conscious torment is not something from God. However, there are several common words among the multiple scriptures I cited, and these are torment, unquenchable fire, eternal fire, everlasting, and forever and ever. I'm curious about your thoughts on these verses and how you personally interpret them.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
Well I don’t know the question you asked
Are you fencing with me? Seems like it. What @metis said was very clear. You didn't provide a relevant response. Now you seem like you're doing your best to avoid further inquiry and commentary on it.

The question I asked was why are you doing all of that.

No need to answer, I have what I was looking for in what you have presented.

As a Christian I believe this to be true from the wise King and specific:

”And moreover, because the Preacher was wise, he still taught the people knowledge; yes, he pondered and sought out and set in order many proverbs. The Preacher sought to find acceptable words; and what was written was upright—words of truth. The words of the wise are like goads, and the words of scholars are like well-driven nails, given by one Shepherd. And further, my son, be admonished by these. Of making many books there is no end, and much study is wearisome to the flesh. Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, For this is man’s all. For God will bring every work into judgment, Including every secret thing, Whether good or evil.“
‭‭Ecclesiastes‬ ‭12‬:‭9‬-‭14‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Are you fencing with me? Seems like it. What @metis said was very clear. You didn't provide a relevant response. Now you seem like you're doing your best to avoid further inquiry and commentary on it.

The question I asked was why are you doing all of that.

No need to answer, I have what I was looking for in what you have presented.
Oh @metis I gave him the last word and liked his comment, he said it all as far as I was concerned and well done