• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

By the way -- if you claim to be a Christian...

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I know, you did not have to post that. The Bible is evil and irrational quite often.
Again there is a professed Bible teacher here. Perhaps he and others who atte nd their houses of worship will comment. Well many believe in the entire process of evolution. Maybe you can consider that's "evil". ?? Since maybe evolutionists believe/think/profess that evolution made people think that way...

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Again there is a professed Bible teacher here. Perhaps he and others who atte nd their houses of worship will comment. Well many believe in the entire process of evolution. Maybe you can consider that's "evil". ?? Since maybe evolutionists believe/think/profess that evolution made people think that way...
You really should stop while your ahead.

YoursTrue

The Bible also claims that "for God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16). I think this verse might be convincing if it weren't for: "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell" (Matthew 10:28). Correct me if I'm mistaken, but you, being a JW, don't believe in an eternal hell, do you?
Think what it means to destroy body and soul. Nothing left. That should help you or anyone reason on the matter, Sgt. Pepper.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Lots and lots of people apparently have a lack of moral perspective, as you put it.
Absolutely. Belief in a deity doesn't help them gain one.

Plenty of people, male or female, cannot get a socalled good job. Maybe they came into a country illegally. It doesn't matter. Plenty of people commit fornication, have children, and can't support themselves.

Yes, we need to encourage contraception use by removing the stigma against it.

Well I figure there are lots of lawsuits about...fair equity in divorce and child support as well.

Absolutely there are. Belief in a deity doesn't help.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
I wonder now what you think about priests who decide not to marry or nuns.

It's their right. If that is what makes them happy, I have no issue.

On the other hand, when they start talking about what *should* make *others* happy, I definitely have an issue.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Great, we disagree now what? I will keep posting as a Christian what I consider true and you can do your thing. Bye friend

Well, I suspect that it is views like yours that is making more and more young people give up on religion. So keep doing what you are doing.

YoursTrue

It's their right. If that is what makes them happy, I have no issue.

On the other hand, when they start talking about what *should* make *others* happy, I definitely have an issue.
If that's the case I can say without doubt that I am much better since I studied the Bible and became what I think and believe is a Christian.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Perhaps some teachers about the Bible or those who attend religious services that are here can comment. But really maybe they agree with you. Ya think?
Some will, some won't. That is what is to be expected on a forum. The question is can a person justify their beliefs.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
If that's the case I can say without doubt that I am much better since I studied the Bible and became what I think and believe is a Christian.
But have you really studied the Bible? If you make the error of assuming that it is true and only read the Bible to "study" the Bible then you are relying on circular reasoning. If one wants to prove that the Bible is reliable one has to go outside of the Bible at times.

For example if one claims that science agrees with the Bible one would have to see what is actually supported by the sciences. To do that one has to have a minimum understanding of the sciences and we quickly find out that the Bible is contradicted by the sciences if one understands the sciences.

Or if one claimed that history supports the Bible then one has to follow the rules of history and we find out rather quickly that once again, the Bible is not historical.

The same applies to archaeology. We find that the Bible fails when one uses the rules of archaeology.

Prophecy is another area where the Bible fails. In that case one has to use consistent rules for prophecy, in other words, the same rules that one would apply to other beliefs have to be applied to the Bible and we quickly find out that it fails then too.

Of course believers of the inerrancy of the Bible will have to say "real science does not do that" and "real history does not do that", and "real archaeology does not do that". And we soon find out that when they mean "real" they actually are redefining science as observations that agree with the Bible. They are redefining archaeology as findings that agree with the Bible. Etc, and so on. If some aspect of reality disagrees with the Bible those that make the error of assuming the Bible is inerrant tries to redefine those disciplines. That is why people keep pointing out the use of circular reasoning by many believers.

YoursTrue

But have you really studied the Bible? If you make the error of assuming that it is true and only read the Bible to "study" the Bible then you are relying on circular reasoning. If one wants to prove that the Bible is reliable one has to go outside of the Bible at times.

For example if one claims that science agrees with the Bible one would have to see what is actually supported by the sciences. To do that one has to have a minimum understanding of the sciences and we quickly find out that the Bible is contradicted by the sciences if one understands the sciences.

Or if one claimed that history supports the Bible then one has to follow the rules of history and we find out rather quickly that once again, the Bible is n
I am aware that there are controversies about the Bible. But I have learned from this forum especially that there are those who get very upset when asked how they view the creation account as myth about Adam and then say how they are churchgoers. With a belief - ? - of sorts about Jesus. I haven't discussed much of anything else here such as the Trinity but I doubt certain ones will answer logically. Or even answer. I do encourage you to ask others who profess a belief in Jesus how they relegate the history in the Bible with evolution.

Well, I suspect that it is views like yours that is making more and more young people give up on religion. So keep doing what you are doing.
Actually no and you’re so out of touch with reality. Young people are sick of the philosophy of the world and are living this out because they can see through the lies being pushed on them:
”And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover.”“
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16‬:‭15‬-‭18‬ ‭ESV‬‬

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Actually no and you’re so out of touch with reality. Young people are sick of the philosophy of the world and are living this out because they can see through the lies being pushed on them:
”And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover.”“
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16‬:‭15‬-‭18‬ ‭ESV‬‬

Um, church membership is down. The number of young people who don't associate with any religious viewpoint is higher than ever. One of the main reasons for their rejection is the immorality of classical Christian views.

Um, church membership is down. The number of young people who don't associate with any religious viewpoint is higher than ever. One of the main reasons for their rejection is the immorality of classical Christian views.
Some dead churches memberships are down, who would want to go to those? Not any young person, but the churches are full of young people where God is moving in power and they are walking in the power of the Holy Spirit, doing the ministry Jesus called us to, young people are sick of fake stuff. Revival has been breaking out for a while now. Something you must’ve missed

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Some dead churches memberships are down, who would want to go to those? Not any young person, but the churches are full of young people where God is moving in power and they are walking in the power of the Holy Spirit, doing the ministry Jesus called us to, young people are sick of fake stuff.
That some people fall for the showmanship style of Christianity and are drawn to the even more silly versions of the faith does not mean that the numbers are not down. The people taking polls are not ignoring the people that you referred to.