• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bush Quicker, Kerry Thicker Than Had Been Believed...

Khale

Posted 6.10.05

Americans are congratulating themselves for making the right choice of President last year following the release of documents showing that George Bush and John Kerry are each other's intellectual equals and not the grossly mismatched pair so inaccurately portrayed on late night comedy shows and internet flash animations.

Many percieved that Kerry was an articulate, well-read intellectual whilst Bush was a barely-sentient vegetable cowering under the porch every evening for fear that the sun would be drowned by the ocean. The records of Kerry's educational records, which he withheld during the election, have largely disproved that.

hacky6yu.gif

President Bush answers serious questions about the budget whilst Senator Kerry is distracted by a hacky-sack thrown from the audience at a one of last year's election debates

The news came as Kerry at last graduated from Yale University at the age of 62 after finally passing Ant Farm Studies, Pool Safety and Psychology, the three remaining units he needed to earn Yale's respected 'Be the Best You Can' Diploma.

President Bush congratulated his former adversary on his academic achievement and spoke of his own relief that he no longer needed to mask his giant intellect out of pity for Kerry: "It was, I think, Marcel Proust who said 'Cela fait souvent de la peine de penser' and I hardly think I need say more on the matter." The President then took a sip of Claret and returned to playing blindfold chess against a team of NASA scientists whilst discussing poetry with Devon from Knight Rider.

Kerry's clever words during the election are attributed to a shady party contact, nicknamed Deep Thought, who fed erudite oneliners and quotations from Aristotle to the Democratic hopeful. During a publicity tour of Hacksaw, Oklahoma, Kerry's earpiece reportedly fell out and the Vietnam veteran was forced to improvise by repeatedly reading the Terms and Conditions from a Best Buy receipt in his pocket. After an hour, locals became agitated and aides ushered him from the scene.

Meanwhile, commentators have welcomed a new flowering of intellectualism in the White House, something not seen since Lyndon Johnson completed a crossword in 1968. Bush was quick to calm fears that he would become distant and arrogant however: "Tish and piffle I daresay. My good man, we stand today on the brink of a revolution in the politics of the mind. Embrace the new dawn and let me lead you like the helpless cattle you are. LO, I AM WISER AND MORE POWERFUL THAN YOUR FEEBLE BRAINS CAN EVER IMAGINE! KNEEL BEFORE ME AND DESPAIR!

by Adamsan
-www.pointlesswasteoftime.com-

Melody

Khale said:
Posted 6.10.05

Americans are congratulating themselves for making the right choice of President last year following the release of documents showing that George Bush and John Kerry are each other's intellectual equals and not the grossly mismatched pair so inaccurately portrayed on late night comedy shows and internet flash animations.
Now now....let's show the whole truth. I know that is difficult for the supporters of bubble boy, but let's look at this a bit more closely....

Kerry's grade average was 1 point below Bush *and* he had to contend with 4 D's dragging down his gradepoint, whereas Bush had only 1...which says that Kerry must have done slightly better than Bush in his classes to counteract those D's.

Also, anyone who's ever gone through the education system knows it isn't what you know but how well you regurgitate the professors opinions back to them on exams. Grades don't mean squat. So let's move past this as a rationale for Bush being the intellectual equal of Kerry.

While Kerry was serving in a war that he didn't believe in and after his discharge serving on committees to help end the war, Bush was working every angle to avoid being drafted...and wasn't doing that well either based on records from the National Guard (?). Then while Kerry went on to law school, served as both prosecutor and defender and began to get in politics, Bush was busy flushing investors money down the toilets as his business ventures failed. When he couldn't make it in the private sector, he went into politics where his schmooze appeal (I certainly don't see it, but...) helped him climb the political ladder.

If that's not enough, one has only to watch the debates to know that Bush is not Kerry's intellectual equal. While Kerry was trying to rationally debate, bubble boy kept throwing out cliches about how tough the job was and using his "christianity" (quotes are deliberate) to suck in the gullible.

Reactions: Pah

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
And yet Kerry still has and had this going for him- he's not Bush.

I find it interesting that the writer calls attention to "The records of Kerry's educational records, which he withheld during the election, have largely disproved that." Good thing there hasn't been any records that Bush or his team have withheld! Oh, wait...
Melody said it a lot better than I could about why grades don't really matter when there's a lot more crucial things at stake.

almifkhar

personally i voted for neither, i was with nader for i too feel that bush and kerry are in bed together. nader said it best "kerry and bush are nothing more than corporations dressed up as human beings" and i couldn't agree more.