• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Buddha and Jesus

meghanwaterlillies

Buddha would win in a fight though. :p

th
I was watching one of those survivalist shows about peppers LOL; Two guys best friends one is a Buddhist monk the other a Christian. The picture was like in reverse in the beginning. The Christian bought the weapons, knew how to shoot; the Buddhist bought the chickens. By the end the Buddhists, the picture looks about right; the Buddhist was like heck yeah with what he learn from the Christian and Christian was like yeah I love this and the garden and the chickens... but chill

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
"Did Jesus write any scripture himself, or dictate it to anybody or authorized anybody to write on his behalf and checked it before releasing that to the public?
There are no chains of narrators that reach to Jesus and checking the characters of the narrators in between, please
One is not to quote anything from Jesus without qualifying it with the words like, may be he said. Then one could see the reasoning in the words ascribed to Jesus, only to be accepted if found reasonable, otherwise straightly and without hesitation to be rejected. Please
Please correct me if I am wrong.
Anybody, please"

We understand it like this that Christ was like the seed which when sacrificed into the earth brought forth a tree with goodly fruit to benefit others. To sacrifice ones comforts and ease to guide others is what the Buddha taught - to be selfless. Christ was selfless.

Please see the contents of Post # 99 above,only where I wrote Buddha is to be changed with Jesus.
I agree that both Buddha and Jesus like Krishna and Moses were selfless prophets/messengers of G-d.

Jesus did not make any sacrifice on getting death on the Cross, it was not required of him from G-d, he did however, bear many difficulties in the way of G-d who had sent him, so did Buddha, voluntarily. Right?Please
I agree that Buddha and Jesus sowed a tree that later flourished and gave delicious fruits.
Anybody, please

Regards

Last edited:

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
"Did Jesus write any scripture himself, or dictate it to anybody or authorized anybody to write on his behalf and checked it before releasing that to the public?
There are no chains of narrators that reach to Jesus and checking the characters of the narrators in between, please
One is not to quote anything from Jesus without qualifying it with the words like, may be he said. Then one could see the reasoning in the words ascribed to Jesus, only to be accepted if found reasonable, otherwise straightly and without hesitation to be rejected. Please
Please correct me if I am wrong.
Anybody, please"

Please see the contents of Post # 99 above,only where I wrote Buddha is to be changed with Jesus.
I agree that both Buddha and Jesus like Krishna and Moses were selfless prophets/messengers of G-d.

Jesus did not make any sacrifice on getting death on the Cross, it was not required of him from G-d, he did however, braced many difficulties in the way of G-d who had sent him, so did Buddha, voluntarily. Right?Please
I agree that Buddha and Jesus sowed a tree that later flourished and gave delicious fruits.
Anybody, please

Regards

Hi paarsurrey, the further back we go in history, the more difficult it becomes to authenticate records.

However there is a method which is how Baha'is deal with such questions which resolves the issue for us completely.

1. We believe in God and that He sends Messengers or teachers regularly throughout history. Each Teacher or Prophet is always followed later by another Teacher or Messenger Who confirms the Prophet gone before Him, clears up any misconceptions and also verifies the Holy Book gone before Him - with adjustments if there have been misinterpretations.

2. We believe God and His Messengers are All Knowing and infallible.

3. Now the Bible. With human research we cannot confirm the Bible's authenticity beyond doubt BUT the Quran which we believe was the Word of God and from God confirms that the Torah and the Bible are true. So we have the Quran, one Word of God, confirming and verifying another Word of God and that the Gospels and Torah gone before it were true.

Because we accept God as All Knowing and infallible then it follows that the Bible and Torah have been authenticated to us by God through His Word, the Quran and after that by Baha'u'llah. We do not require any further proof but science of course, we believe, will verify these things.

So the Quran, revealed from about 609-632 AD confirms that the known Bible and Torah at that time was the Word of God and has confirmed many stories in the Bible. Baha'u'llah, the latest Manifestation also confirms the Torah, Gospels and Quran as all having been revealed from the same God. Fascinating how it works so perfectly if one can understand that all these Teachers are from the same God.

“And We sent, following in their footsteps, Jesus, the son of Mary, confirming that which came before him in the Torah; and We gave him the Gospel, in which was guidance and light and confirming that which preceded it of the Torah as guidance and instruction for the righteous.”

(Surat Al-Maidah 5:46, Quran Sahih International)

ukok102nak

:jokercard: its christjesus
the only begotten son of god
our lord and saviour
words that are been written by his true disciples and evangelist
with the guidance of the holy spirit
and
the writtings of the prophets are telling all about christjesus
regarding unto their prophesy about the end times

by the way
if someone would think that this match up is between a literally physically temporal things
then look at this
jesus2.jpg

jesus6.jpg

jesus3.jpg

jesus4_600x464.jpg

jesus5.jpg

:ty:

godbless
unto all always

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
How can The Buddha be a messenger and prophet from god? The belief in god isn't universal; and, the gods the Buddha believed existed wasn't the foundation to his and others enlightenment. Since god isn't universal, how can The Buddha be a prophet and messenger of a god that does not exist nor gave him a vocation to act on this non-existent god's behalf?

idav

Being
Premium Member
How can The Buddha be a messenger and prophet from god? The belief in god isn't universal; and, the gods the Buddha believed existed wasn't the foundation to his and others enlightenment. Since god isn't universal, how can The Buddha be a prophet and messenger of a god that does not exist nor gave him a vocation to act on this non-existent god's behalf?
Belief in god may not be universal but said existence of god should be universal, that is if its true god exists. If any person should be truly enlightened and god does in fact exist then the enlightenment is from god. Regardless of how we want to label the higher power, nirvana or what have you.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Belief in god may not be universal but said existence of god should be universal, that is if its true god exists. If any person should be truly enlightened and god does in fact exist then the enlightenment is from god. Regardless of how we want to label the higher power, nirvana or what have you.
I agree with what I have colored in magenta. Please
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
And one's arguments for what I have colored in magenta, please
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Hi paarsurrey, the further back we go in history, the more difficult it becomes to authenticate records.
However there is a method which is how Baha'is deal with such questions which resolves the issue for us completely.
1. We believe in God and that He sends Messengers or teachers regularly throughout history. Each Teacher or Prophet is always followed later by another Teacher or Messenger Who confirms the Prophet gone before Him, clears up any misconceptions and also verifies the Holy Book gone before Him - with adjustments if there have been misinterpretations.
2. We believe God and His Messengers are All Knowing and infallible.
3. Now the Bible. With human research we cannot confirm the Bible's authenticity beyond doubt BUT the Quran which we believe was the Word of God and from God confirms that the Torah and the Bible are true. So we have the Quran, one Word of God, confirming and verifying another Word of God and that the Gospels and Torah gone before it were true.
Because we accept God as All Knowing and infallible then it follows that the Bible and Torah have been authenticated to us by God through His Word, the Quran and after that by Baha'u'llah. We do not require any further proof but science of course, we believe, will verify these things.
So the Quran, revealed from about 609-632 AD confirms that the known Bible and Torah at that time was the Word of God and has confirmed many stories in the Bible. Baha'u'llah, the latest Manifestation also confirms the Torah, Gospels and Quran as all having been revealed from the same God. Fascinating how it works so perfectly if one can understand that all these Teachers are from the same God.
“And We sent, following in their footsteps, Jesus, the son of Mary, confirming that which came before him in the Torah; and We gave him the Gospel, in which was guidance and light and confirming that which preceded it of the Torah as guidance and instruction for the righteous.”
(Surat Al-Maidah 5:46, Quran Sahih International)
I don't agree what I have colored in magenta. Please give one's arguments to prove that "G-d's messengers/prophets are All-Knowing and infallible". Right? Please
Regards

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

I understand; and, logically, that doesn't add up. God's existence isn't universal no matter what we call it. I'm a pantheist, and can see that point of view; and, it doesn't add up objectively. Pagans believe in multiple gods not one underlining force or spirit keeping everything alive. Monotheist believe in one god, some actually separate and, thus the nature of this god is completely different than pagan and completely different than pantheism (and so forth).

These aren't traits of a universal god. This traits are the god(s) and force believed in. They are not each other nor have a same lining of each other. That's like saying just because Chinese and French are both languages, when both speak their language, their culture (foundation of their language) is the same as well. They may speak the same message; but, that message is far from being alike. It's an illusion, really, to think we should all be alike in every regard. We just need to be comfortable that there are people not like us.

As for Buddhism: Enlightenment is liberation of the mind by understanding the nature of suffering and cause and affect. It's not supernatural and has nothing to do with force, god, universe, spirit, etc. Nibanna is when we get to that state of understanding. It's not a heaven state nor is it a supernatural peace. The results of understanding brings compassion but the source is purely inside and psychological not spirit-ual.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I understand; and, logically, that doesn't add up. God's existence isn't universal no matter what we call it. I'm a pantheist, and can see that point of view; and, it doesn't add up objectively. Pagans believe in multiple gods not one underlining force or spirit keeping everything alive. Monotheist believe in one god, some actually separate and, thus the nature of this god is completely different than pagan and completely different than pantheism (and so forth).
These aren't traits of a universal god. This traits are the god(s) and force believed in. They are not each other nor have a same lining of each other. That's like saying just because Chinese and French are both languages, when both speak their language, their culture (foundation of their language) is the same as well. They may speak the same message; but, that message is far from being alike. It's an illusion, really, to think we should all be alike in every regard. We just need to be comfortable that there are people not like us.
As for Buddhism: Enlightenment is liberation of the mind by understanding the nature of suffering and cause and affect. It's not supernatural and has nothing to do with force, god, universe, spirit, etc. Nibanna is when we get to that state of understanding. It's not a heaven state nor is it a supernatural peace. The results of understanding brings compassion but the source is purely inside and psychological not spirit-ual.
And one's arguments for that? Please
Regards

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
And one's arguments for what I have colored in magenta, please
Regards

I can't argue in comparative religion; and, I chose not to participate in any debate forums.

What I can say to compare is that how I see reality, god is a label for how we define the unknown. How we define life in one word. It's not a universal word. Not everyone uses the word god (aka sees reality as you and I do). We see life differently. Each person with their different religions are entitled to see life in the manner of their religion(s) dictate or they experience.

God as an entity isn't universal. In my faith to compare god is life and for got to be an entity is limiting what god is. Here is something I got on Facebook. I'm very close to believing in African faiths; so, I thought this right on track with my beliefs: How we Diminish God

In my faith, the one I am intimately close to in regards to the Spirits, god, as life, can't be limited to an entity. It diminishes "him". His nature. It's a good article.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
After 35 years of Buddhist practice I can confirm that this is nonsense. But of course people love nonsense.

Hey, I've practiced straight for about two years and off and on since and still get it. However, probably yourself, I read the sutras so that gives me a hint of what The Buddha actually taught etc.

idav

Being
Premium Member
To me nirvana and liberation from samsura coincides with a pantheistic type of god. Many buddhists tend to stay away from the god label but in the end it is just a label describing the same thing, a oneness that exists beyond yet a part of the "material" realm.

idav

Being
Premium Member
From a pantheistic take on things, it shouldn't be surprising that a person from any religion can tap into that which is all around and within us.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Why do people need to associate so called jesus to an enlightened person like Buddha. Jesus could well been a written character centuries after his supposed death, so when there are so many proofs of non-existence of a character called jesus, I think this is an insecurity on part of christians/ seeing the world through their brainwashed minds from childhood. These kind of comparisons needs to stop. Don't try to hijack others.

As other poster pointed out, assuming if jesus existed, he is just a normal human who was caught up in cycles of birth and death and things like dead body resurrecting is biggest joke and amounts to total fraud as per buddhism.
And the same could be said of your Buddha, so you can stop with the stupidity and hypocrisy.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Those are more in line with eastern teachings which I believe have a deeper understanding of spiritual matters than western teachings.
Eastern Christianity is a thing, you know. There is no clear delineation between East and West, anyway. The two have been mingling for millennia.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
To me nirvana and liberation from samsura coincides with a pantheistic type of god. Many buddhists tend to stay away from the god label but in the end it is just a label describing the same thing, a oneness that exists beyond yet a part of the "material" realm.

I can just say I disagree given the sutras say differently.

However, everyone has their own perspective of god. I mean, as a Buddhist (or someone looking to be at peace by addressing the workings of the mind) and as someone who believes in god (believes in life and gratitude thereof), the only spiritual thing I can think about when coming nibanna and god is finding life (god) without suffering by addressing the mind through Buddhist practice.

Anything supernatural regardless of what we call it isn't part of Buddhist teachings. Maybe Mahayana Buddhist school have some spirituality in it but not a universal force. The Buddha actually taught against divinity as a path to enlightenment.

I'm a "sola scriptura" gal, though. If it's not a Buddhist practice from the sutras and culture of it, it's not Buddhism. But it's just a word. What can I say?