• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brewing rebellion in the Christian Churches

Angel1

Angel
To be fair to "OT God", however, He regretted killing everyone in the flood and, after supposedly fixing things with Jesus, has no ethical problems with frying everyone again in the apocalypse.

God does not regret. God is perfect. The new teaching for men of the New Age proposes that we are all of spirits undergoing schooling here on earth. As here, there are study periods. Instead of school years and semesters, spiritually, according to the Secret Doctrine of Theosophy, we have root races, ages, yugas. The Atlantean stage of human development was terminated by the Great Flood to make way for a new breed, our more advanced Aryan 5th root race. There are no accidents. Everything conforms to God’s divine plan of evolution.

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
I don't think anyone, including Jesus, can take away our responsibility for our actions. It is kind of like a "get our of jail free" card. It seems unethical/immoral.
He doesn't though does he. Sins are paid for once, for all. After that it is up to you to keep the law!

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
Please refrain from personal judgments and insults. Hold YOUR head in shame. Your comment is absolutely pathetic.
The saviour died so you could live. Do you not understand that? I am shocked that someone who says he is a theist and Christian would not know his own faith. The blood sacrifice of the saviour is everything. How can you agree that it is not necessary?
Someone died for you, hence I said hold your head in shame. You stand in his grace and turn your back on his death. I don't understand that at all.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Have you not read Hebrews, for example? You say you are a theist, but you speak as someone who isn't.
For the 100th time, I have read Hebrews and the rest of the Bible countless times. Probably more times than you, even, as I was forced to as early as I learned to read.

I just understand the FACT that the Bible, like every other book, was written by imperfect, unknown authors thousands of years ago who had a much more primitive understanding of the natural world. So, forgive me if I don't take it all as "gospel" (no pun intended).

Honestly, after I've explained my position many times, it is pretty pathetic that you still point to the Bible to answer my question rather than a reasoned argument.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
The saviour died so you could live. Do you not understand that? I am shocked that someone who says he is a theist and Christian would not know his own faith. The blood sacrifice of the saviour is everything. How can you agree that it is not necessary?
Someone died for you, hence I said hold your head in shame. You stand in his grace and turn your back on his death. I don't understand that at all.
You are just ignorant as to what the term "Christian" means.

Chris·tian
ˈkrisCHən/
noun
  1. a person who has received Christian baptism or is a believer in Jesus Christ and his teachings.
I am baptized, confirmed, and believe in the teachings of Jesus. I don't, however, believe that Paul or anyone else has the authority to speak for God. The Bible is a book, much of which is true, imho. But, there is no requirement to adhere to everything claimed in it.

Yoshua

Jesus is only supposed to share his truths and make suggestions. But he does not nor should he command anyone to do anything. We are brothers and equals, just that he is far advanced and serves as our divine guide. We should listen to him. But regardless, everything must be subjected to our own personal analysis and testing. We should accept only those truths and suggestions that we are able to validate in light of our own personal experiences and reject those that are not so validated.
Hi Angel,

So you mean that He (Jesus) is not the truth? What is the truth in your perspective?
This is line with the divine principle of personal responsibility. Also, anyone who continues to be subservient to someone else cannot attain to perfection that is our destiny. Instead, God through Jesus and other high spirits, is teaching us all things so that we may in time be able to think and act like God.
Who are the high spirits?o_O
The conventional church teaching is our salvation by the shedding of the blood of Jesus. This is a false teaching.
How come it is false? Can you show some proof about this?:rolleyes:
Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

Here is confirmation of the falsity of this teaching. If Jesus saved us and he paid for our sins, then we should not have to carry our own cross, because he supposedly did that for us. But he didn’t pay for our sins, so we have to pay them, ourselves. This is what he means by us carrying our own cross. Denying ourselves and following him simply means that we should curb our personal desires and follow the ways of God which he demonstrated for all of us.
If Jesus did not pay for our sins, how can man pay his own sins?:(
Why should Jesus will not require us to “take up our own cross” if man itself has its own desires and will?o_O
Do you think if Jesus did not include in His statement about “take up our own cross,” people will follow Jesus?:shrug:
Matt. 28: 19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. 20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

These verses have nothing to do with salvation.
No it is Matt. 28:19-20,
Matt. 28:19-20
19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

Jesus commanded his followers to make disciples and be baptized. This has to do with salvation.

Yoshua

I did not say that what Jesus taught his disciples are false teachings. Jesus himself tells us that he didn’t tell us everything when he was here. And like any group of students, some of them may have misunderstood his teachings to some degree.

But mostly, I refer to the Old Testament teachings that he refuted and upgraded.

False and superseded teachings embedded in the Bible

Jesus upgrades the Old Testament teachings

In most all cases when asked as to their specific objections to religion, critics and non-believers cite false, obsolete and superseded teachings found in the Holy Scriptures of all the religions. They fail to realize that all instruction, specially divine instruction, is progressive -- beginning from the simple basic and graduating to the more complex and advanced.

So did Jesus refute most all of the objectionable Old Testament teachings. Just to mention a few to give everyone a clearer idea, but there are many:

1. In place of the tribal god Jehovah, the angry and jealous god of the Hebrews, Jesus revealed the One God of love, justice and mercy Who loves all His children, assuring us that there is a valid spiritual reason for everything that happens to everyone.
Absolutely there is the Old Testament and New Testament. This is one thing that people (we) can only see with our own understanding, and we tried to understand God’s ways.

Isa. 55:8
"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways," declares the LORD.

Despite of this situation, God is still God who does not change.
Malachi 3:6
"I the LORD do not change. So you, the descendants of Jacob, are not destroyed.
2. Instead of separation, isolation and the elimination of all enemies, inferior races and rival tribes, he taught that all men are brothers. We should all learn to love one another and live in harmony.
Did God show His love to His people (Israelites) in the Old Testament?o_OAbsolutely yes.
3. An eye for an eye was replaced by Forgive, Turn your other cheek and Love your enemies. This while assuring everyone that God's exacting divine justice will be meted out to everyone.
There is also law of justice in the Old Testament. It does not contradicts the statement of God in the Ten Commandment as stated in Psalm 89:34 "My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips."

Matt. 5:17
17 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.
Jesus came to fulfill the law by exposing legalism among those who are bound by the law so they will truly see the gospel which is came from the love of the Father.
4. Animal and human sacrifices are discouraged in favor of the living practice of love, mercy, kindness and service to our fellowmen. Even though this is still widely believed and taught by his misguided followers, Jesus should not be regarded as a human sacrifice who died as a ransom for our sins. Instead, everyone of us will have to live as he lived, following his example as best we can.
Of course (practically) that is the plan of God. How can we question God about his plan of salvation for mankind?:( Jesus is served as the atoning sacrifice for our sins. It is clear in John 3:16 that because of the love of the Father, He gave His only Son, Jesus Christ as ransom for many—to have an access to the hope of salvation which is eternal life.
5. He simplified the 10 Commandments and converted them into just 2 -- Love God and love your neighbor as yourself, affording us more leeway in recognition of our higher stage of development from that of the ancient Hebrews.
Matt. 22:37-40
37Jesus replied: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself. 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Heb. 8:10
"I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts."

As the Lord God said, He will put the laws in their minds and write them in their hearts, those does not contradict the Ten commandments pertaining to neighbors and loving God. He rather expand it in such a way of putting this laws concentrated in their hearts as loving—as yourself.
6. Many of the over 600 Mosaic Laws were revealed as worthless and useless traditions that even ran contrary to the true laws of God. The prohibitions against eating non-kosher foods and the detailed procedures for washing pots, pans, and other worldly rules and practices, etc. -- all man-made laws. God's laws relate to Spirit and are not so much concerned with material and physical considerations.
How can we (again) questioned the Mosaic laws, they lived in their culture, of course, they have their own system and traditions.
7. He clarified the many integral parts of love. Do not judge or criticize. Forgive. We should mind our own business -- the board in our own eye -- and not interfere with someone else's. Practice tolerance and non-violence. Serve rather than seek to be served -- the greatest of all is the servant of all. Do unto others as you would want others to do unto you.
As said in Heb. 8:10, it is written in their hearts. The New Testament is not under the law but under grace, the gift of God.
Rom. 6:14
14For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.
8. He also provided us with clearer insights regarding the things of heaven and the goings on there. He enjoins us to study and prepare for the True Life that comes after earth life. Our fate depends on us, entirely -- what we think and do. And our enjoyment of everything in life is based on merit.
Of course, the New Testament is the coming Messiah’s prophecy fulfilled from the Old Testament. Some of the prophetic account haven’t fulfilled yet. The fate is not depending on us. Our freedom is under Christ for the truth will set us free.
9. Before he left us, he told us that God would send the Holy Spirits in his name to guide us to "all truth." He promised that he will return to teach us more, those that he wasn't able to tell us before, even the mysteries kept hidden since the foundation of the world. He will speak no longer in parables, but he will teach us plainly. And to those who have kept faith with him, his promises are being fulfilled even now.
Truly, the Holy Spirit had already given to us started at the Pentecost in the book of Acts, this absolutely guided His followers in all truths until now.

Yoshua

1.) God loved us as He loved the world. True
2.) There is a God. True
3.) There is Jesus Christ exist before. True. But so did we exist, also, before we were born in this present life.
How do we already existing before we were born? I think that beliefs is like the Mormon belief.
4.) Jesus is the begotten Son. Only son is false. We are all of us children of the same Father-God.
Yes, we are all His children. But Jesus is only unique, the begotten because He is the Son of God who is perfect and pronounced/claimed as the truth, the way to the Father and the life. Human cannot be compared with Jesus Christ who is without sin.
5.) Jesus is the Son of God. True. Yes, but so are we sons of God.
We are sons of God, not as being like God who is all-powerful or as the most high in knowledge.
6.) God sent Jesus Christ for us. True. Not to pay for our sins, but to provide clearer insights relating to the Spirits Worlds and to demonstrate to us how we can “save ourselves” or rather free ourselves from earth and ascend to heaven.
In reality, we cannot save ourselves. How can you save yourself?:rolleyes:
7.) God gave us the hope of salvation—eternal life. False. From our creation, we have been endowed with eternal life. However, we are required to come down to earth and motivate a body of flesh to learn and develop to perfection before we may be allowed to live permanently in heaven.
That is purely a similarity with Mormon doctrine. John 3:16 will not be mentioned as giving us an access to eternal life if there is already an eternal life. :shrug: What is your basis that we endowed with eternal life? Where did you get that doctrine?o_O
God is Spirit and He created us spirits in His image. All spirits are brothers. Christ and/or Messiah is simply a high degree of spiritual attainment or advancement. It is his work to bring all of us forward in our own development.
If all spirits are brothers, then why people have their differences in believing a deity? Why they believed in different faiths?:rolleyes:

Thanks

Yoshua

1. God has made it abundantly clear throughout the bible that He made us and can easily unmake us. I can love my car, but it can also be easily replaced.
2. Sure.
3. Before what? What documentation do we have? And if NT authors claim things that aren't in the OT, can we just go ahead and call them liars? Or, at least, we can say that maybe they are basing their "facts" on non-canon material? (That way, they aren't lying, just using different texts we have lost.)
Hi Kelly,

John 8:58
Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am."

Col. 1:15-18
15The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.

John 17:5
Jesus said, “And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began”
4. Yahweh isn't Zeus. El, arguably the (G)od previous to Yahweh, DID father other gods, though, making Jesus a sibling, nothing more.
Jesus is not the sibling of God. There is one God who exists as the person of the Son, Jesus Christ.
5. In the same way we are all children of God.
6. God sent lots of people.
Can you expound who are those people that He sent, for what purpose?
7. Why is eternal life a great gift? What are you to do with it? It can't be to help others, because you're dead (or, alive but useless?). Is this not just a carrot used to influence people who can't accept the reality of death? I can see if someone's life was hellish wanting an upgrade, but for many, life is at least "meh". Seems selfish to want an eternity of stars and rainbows. At least, it does to me nowadays. God can send me to heaven if He wants. I just see too much going on in the here and now and I think the focus should be on fixing those things since those consequences will last for generations to come. Going to heaven affects, as far as I'm aware, next to nothing.
Yes, not only a great gift for me, but an eternal destiny that you will be with God. That is a promise. How can the promised eternal life will not help others if Jesus is the one who uttered about eternal life?o_O I think you are missing something if you’re a believer in Christ.

Kelly of the Phoenix

God does not regret. God is perfect.
Oh, I forgot. We should ignore what the texts say. First He REGRETS making humans and then the rainbow is proof He REGRETS killing them all save a boatload. The bible has its whitewashing moments, but for the most part, ALL characters have ... "issues" ... making them relatable or at least a bit more realistic. Perfect characters are boring.

Angel1

Angel
Hi Angel,

So you mean that He (Jesus) is not the truth? What is the truth in your perspective?

Who are the high spirits?o_O

How come it is false? Can you show some proof about this?:rolleyes:

If Jesus did not pay for our sins, how can man pay his own sins?:(
Why should Jesus will not require us to “take up our own cross” if man itself has its own desires and will?o_O
Do you think if Jesus did not include in His statement about “take up our own cross,” people will follow Jesus?:shrug:

No it is Matt. 28:19-20,
Matt. 28:19-20
19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

Jesus commanded his followers to make disciples and be baptized. This has to do with salvation.

Yoshua: So you mean that He (Jesus) is not the truth? What is the truth in your perspective?

Angel: God speaks, Jesus is the Truth, the Bible is God’s word. They are all claims by those who wrote them. Should we always believe them?

Remember Abraham, God told him to sacrifice his son. Should he have believed God and should he have tried to slay his son? If the Bible says one thing and Jesus another, who should we believe, the Bible writers or the words of Jesus? If a preacher explains something, but you disagree based on your own experience and interpretation, which explanation would you choose, your own or someone else’s?

Yoshua: Who are the high spirits?

Angel: Spirits who have attained to a high level of evolvement and who are able to teach and guide us forward.

Yoshua: Angel says: The conventional church teaching is our salvation by the shedding of the blood of Jesus. This is a false teaching.

How come it is false? Can you show some proof about this?

Angel: I don’t provide proofs. You must find your own. You might want to review all the posts in this thread, as well as, watch the video. Plenty of reasons given. Start there. Then apply your common sense.

Yoshua: If Jesus did not pay for our sins, how can man pay his own sins?

Angel: We pay by carrying our own cross and suffering the way we made others suffer, if not in this life, then in our future lives. Reincarnation is a divine teaching. We can also offset some parts of our debts to others by serving and helping persons other than those we owe.

You have so many questions, but you lack a sufficient understanding of the divine principles. If I may suggest, my books are on a free promotion run this week and next. Get hold of them and study them. Pick up what you can accept and leave the rest for later. This forum will not be enough for us to cover all the important teachings as I can only provide very short answers per the forum guidelines.

Listen and read more, and try to understand them well. Most of the answers to your questions have already been given to you, but you have ignored them. Go back. Go slow. Give thought to what you have been given. In time, they will clarify and you will be able to understand.

Angel1

Angel
Absolutely there is the Old Testament and New Testament. This is one thing that people (we) can only see with our own understanding, and we tried to understand God’s ways.

Isa. 55:8
"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways," declares the LORD.

Despite of this situation, God is still God who does not change.
Malachi 3:6
"I the LORD do not change. So you, the descendants of Jacob, are not destroyed.

Did God show His love to His people (Israelites) in the Old Testament?o_OAbsolutely yes.

There is also law of justice in the Old Testament. It does not contradicts the statement of God in the Ten Commandment as stated in Psalm 89:34 "My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips."

Matt. 5:17
17 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.
Jesus came to fulfill the law by exposing legalism among those who are bound by the law so they will truly see the gospel which is came from the love of the Father.

Of course (practically) that is the plan of God. How can we question God about his plan of salvation for mankind?:( Jesus is served as the atoning sacrifice for our sins. It is clear in John 3:16 that because of the love of the Father, He gave His only Son, Jesus Christ as ransom for many—to have an access to the hope of salvation which is eternal life.

Matt. 22:37-40
37Jesus replied: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself. 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Heb. 8:10
"I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts."

As the Lord God said, He will put the laws in their minds and write them in their hearts, those does not contradict the Ten commandments pertaining to neighbors and loving God. He rather expand it in such a way of putting this laws concentrated in their hearts as loving—as yourself.

How can we (again) questioned the Mosaic laws, they lived in their culture, of course, they have their own system and traditions.

As said in Heb. 8:10, it is written in their hearts. The New Testament is not under the law but under grace, the gift of God.
Rom. 6:14
14For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.

Of course, the New Testament is the coming Messiah’s prophecy fulfilled from the Old Testament. Some of the prophetic account haven’t fulfilled yet. The fate is not depending on us. Our freedom is under Christ for the truth will set us free.

Truly, the Holy Spirit had already given to us started at the Pentecost in the book of Acts, this absolutely guided His followers in all truths until now.

Answered in ‘The Spirits’ Book and the Spirits of Truth and reproduced here:

First of all, it is alright to disagree with anything that I write. In fact, you are supposed to question everything you read and everything that anyone tells you. Everyone must think and decide for himself. My work is merely to simplify, clarify and suggest, and let you decide on the merits. This is your right. This is the right way to study.

Allow me to clarify:

1. #4 Jesus dying for us and saving us from our sins or the consequences is the same as a human sacrifice. This is a false teaching. What Jesus taught is that we must pay for our own transgressions based on the divine principle of personal responsibility.

2. #6 The 600 Mosaic laws, except for those that are repeated and modified in the Gospels, are man-made laws. God is Spirit and His primary concern is the spirit. Laws formulated for purely worldly purposes are of no consequence to Him.

3. #7 There is no law of grace. This is in direct conflict with the divine law of justice and fairness. Instead, for as long as we are incapable, we will be helped. But we will be encouraged to act independently and rely on our own abilities once they are sufficiently developed.

4. #8 Our freedom does not depend on Christ but on ourselves, what we do. Christ merely showed us the Way to do this.

Angel1

Angel
How do we already existing before we were born? I think that beliefs is like the Mormon belief.

Yes, we are all His children. But Jesus is only unique, the begotten because He is the Son of God who is perfect and pronounced/claimed as the truth, the way to the Father and the life. Human cannot be compared with Jesus Christ who is without sin.

We are sons of God, not as being like God who is all-powerful or as the most high in knowledge.

In reality, we cannot save ourselves. How can you save yourself?:rolleyes:

That is purely a similarity with Mormon doctrine. John 3:16 will not be mentioned as giving us an access to eternal life if there is already an eternal life. :shrug: What is your basis that we endowed with eternal life? Where did you get that doctrine?o_O

If all spirits are brothers, then why people have their differences in believing a deity? Why they believed in different faiths?:rolleyes:

Thanks

Angel: 3.) There is Jesus Christ exist before. True. But so did we exist, also, before we were born in this present life.

Angel: I don’t know if this is a Mormon teaching. But it is a teaching of the Holy Spirit in line with the teaching on reincarnation and karma.

Angel: 4.) Jesus is the begotten Son. Only son is false. We are all of us children of the same Father-God.

Yoshua: Yes, we are all His children. But Jesus is only unique, the begotten because He is the Son of God who is perfect and pronounced/claimed as the truth, the way to the Father and the life. Human cannot be compared with Jesus Christ who is without sin.

Angel: 5.) Jesus is the Son of God. True. Yes, but so are we sons of God.

Angel: Yes. We are not but we will be. For this reason, we are studying and training here on earth. Jesus tells us, “We will be perfect.”

Angel: 6.) God sent Jesus Christ for us. True. Not to pay for our sins, but to provide clearer insights relating to the Spirits Worlds and to demonstrate to us how we can “save ourselves” or rather free ourselves from earth and ascend to heaven.

Yoshua: In reality, we cannot save ourselves. How can you save yourself?

Angel: First, whatever we have learned, we must apply in our daily life.

As to our debts or accountabilities, we pay by carrying our own cross and suffering the way we made others suffer, if not in this life, then in our future lives. Reincarnation is a divine teaching. We can also offset some parts of our debts to others by serving and helping persons other than those we owe.

Angel: 7.) God gave us the hope of salvation—eternal life. False. From our creation, we have been endowed with eternal life. However, we are required to come down to earth and motivate a body of flesh to learn and develop to perfection before we may be allowed to live permanently in heaven.

That is purely a similarity with Mormon doctrine. John 3:16 will not be mentioned as giving us an access to eternal life if there is already an eternal life. What is your basis that we endowed with eternal life? Where did you get that doctrine?

Angel: Focus on these verses. They are the bases for the New Teachings

"I have used proverbs to tell you these things, but the time is coming when the truth shall not be so veiled and I will speak to you plainly about the Father." (JN 16)

"If you adhere to my teaching, you will really be my disciples; and you shall know the Truth and the Truth shall make you free." (JN 8)

"Oh, there is so much more I want to tell you, but you cannot understand it now. When the Spirit of Holiness and Truth comes, he will guide you into all truth." (JN 16)

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." (JN 14)

Angel: God is Spirit and He created us spirits in His image. All spirits are brothers. Christ and/or Messiah is simply a high degree of spiritual attainment or advancement. It is his work to bring all of us forward in our own development.

Yoshua: If all spirits are brothers, then why people have their differences in believing a deity? Why they believed in different faiths?

Angel: All of God’s creations are brothers, but everyone is at a different stage in his development. Everyone in the beginning was endowed with eternal life and every capability to attain to his perfection through his own efforts. But at the present time, some have had more incarnations and experiences, and have learned and developed more than others. Because of the differences, their perception of God is limited to such extent.

All of the religions take up certain aspects or sides of God, but not all. However, as we learn more, our knowledge and perception grows more complete and we will find that there really are no conflicts. When one is still down at the foot of a mountain, his perceptions and view are limited. But as he climbs higher and higher, he is able to gain a more panoramic view. At the top, he sees all and is able to understand the complexities and relationships, where everything fits in God’s plan.

Angel1

Angel
Oh, I forgot. We should ignore what the texts say. First He REGRETS making humans and then the rainbow is proof He REGRETS killing them all save a boatload. The bible has its whitewashing moments, but for the most part, ALL characters have ... "issues" ... making them relatable or at least a bit more realistic. Perfect characters are boring.

I understand your exasperation. But to begin to understand, we must first build our sound foundations.

Who are we? What is our true nature? Why are we here on this planet?

Hopefully, this article will be able to help everyone understand more.

The Spirit self and the Tree of Good and Evil

A tree does not come fully grown. Its seed is planted in the soil and in the fullness of time, it grows to become a mighty adult tree, very much like the tree that produced the seed in the first place. So were we created perfect seeds.

God, being Spirit, created us spirits, in His image and likeness. However, we were, in the beginning, innocent and ignorant, but endowed with every potentiality to attain to perfection through our own efforts. And we are destined to attain perfection, in the end, after we undergo life after life after life (reincarnation), learning from our own personal experiences. Jesus knowing this affirmed, "You must be perfect as the Father in heaven is perfect."

We were taught early on, even in the Bible, that we are body and soul but we are not. Spirit is distinct and separate from any body. The body is only a tool, a machine, a robot, a protective covering or armor, a vehicle that we use in this world to avail of its special lessons. We are not our physical body made from earth. The body dies. We do not. The flesh body is just something expendable and disposable that we put on everytime we are born and we take off when we transition to the Real World after a hard day's study.

Humanity is just one stage in early spirit evolution. To spirits, progression is infinite. And once we learn the lessons of the physical worlds (earth is just one of them), then we can pursue further development in the Higher Worlds. "In the Kingdom of God, there are many mansions."

We can read all these between the lines in Genesis. Do you really believe that God wants us to remain innocent and ignorant forever, never to grow up and become mature and responsible adult spirits? Is this what you really think?

Why then would He plant that Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil right smack where Adam and Eve would find it and eat its fruit? What? Do you think that God was born yesterday? And who do you think sent the serpent? The knowledge is made available to everyone, but at a price. We will need to leave Paradise (the Spirit World), be born and study on earth or on a similar physical plane, experience pain and suffering in pursuit of our lessons and die there (here). But at the end of our schooling, it is our destiny to become perfect like the Father, attaining to His perfect knowledge and holy nature, as is His true desire, in the first place. Only after we graduate from the lessons of earth can we become true heirs to His kingdom, and inherit all the riches and glory He meant for us to enjoy for the rest of our eternal lives.

This is the Biblical parable that describes our real nature and clarifies the true meaning and purpose of life here on earth. This is who we really are and why we are here. Once we can come to realize this Truth, then even the mysteries will unravel. We can begin to understand.