• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brewing rebellion in the Christian Churches

Glaurung

Denizen of Niflheim
You brought up a new topic for discussion – reincarnation. Did you know that the teaching is in your Bible? You might want to check out
Only if you isolate verses out of context and really stretch them beyond the credulity of anyone who isn't already imposing it on the texts. The resurrection of the body refers to the physical resurrection at the Last Judgement, it has nothing to do with reincarnation.

Kelly of the Phoenix

Why is it "disturbing"?
People use this as an excuse to "throw Jesus under the bus" and avoid taking responsibility for their actions.

They may claim to be Christian, but if they reject what the Bible says about Jesus Christ, how can their claim be valid? The Bible warns that false teachers would arise and reject Christ's teachings.
But what if the writers you quote are the ones who lied? Since Jesus was dead, who was to stop them from lying?

Isn't it said that the evidence of a false prophet is that they were wrong? Well, that's quite unfortunate for a number of NT authors...

Christianity at its core is a truth claim. God at a definite point in history became Christ incarnate and though an action of atonement (the crucifixion and resurrection) redeemed the world giving us the means of salvation from sin and death. When you reject this central premise you reject Christianity at the most fundamental level. To assent to Christianity is to assent to a very real claim and when you reject those claims while holding to the pretence all you get is a vague, Jesus flavoured spiritual relativism that holds no substance. When you affirm nothing, you admit anything. We've already seen where the slippery slide of doctrinal relativism almost inevitably leads. Either atheism (either explicit or indifferent) or a pseudo-solipsism that rejects all notions of an intelligible truth (the Logos). I refuse, refuse with my entire being to submit to either.
It's a fallacy to think Christian churches have been right about this, though, simply because they have for a long time. It was not necessarily the "original" view. Christianity became, before Jesus was even killed and thanks to the apostles and Paul, a religion of figuring out how to avoid being responsible. After all, you are encouraged via the bible to give away all you have, including your family. Meanwhile, clergy manage to keep lots of stuff ("owned by the church", not them, if you are gullible enough to believe them). How you see God is a metaphor for how you see yourself. Those who do not wish for responsibility claim God has none, etc. To say that Jesus died because angry Romans crucified him for being a headache is NOT Jesus-flavored vagueness. It's being honest. If Jesus died for our sins, a "second coming" isn't necessary unless he failed the first time. And if he failed the first time, what makes us sure the second time will fare any better?

How exactly this occurred is a mystery on which we can only speculate.
Especially since people still die and even so, there were biblical characters who avoided death altogether, so if anyone should claim its conquest, it should be them, right?

. 1 Corinthians 15:14 states explicitly that without this salvific event, Christianity is meaningless.
And if Paul is a false prophet, a Trojan horse who, grasping that stoning Christians wasn't getting anywhere, co-opted the apostles' mission?

The Scriptures state this explicitly.
No, certain authors do. It is not verified anywhere else but in their heads.

The spirit is immortal, but the fall of humanity barred human beings from direct communion with God.
Adam and Eve could not have conversed with God post-eating if that were true. Again, the sign of a false prophet...

I don't understand the point you are making.
Can't make an omelette without breaking eggs. :)

Angel1

Angel
[QUOTEYou brought up a new topic for discussion – reincarnation. Did you know that the teaching is in your Bible? You might want to check out http://innerquest1.blogspot.com/2007/04/resurrection-is-reincarnation.html. [/QUOTE]

Only if you isolate verses out of context and really stretch them beyond the credulity of anyone who isn't already imposing it on the texts. The resurrection of the body refers to the physical resurrection at the Last Judgement, it has nothing to do with reincarnation.

"I have used proverbs to tell you these things, but the time is coming when the truth shall not be so veiled and I will speak to you plainly about the Father." (JN 16)

"Oh, there is so much more I want to tell you, but you cannot understand it now. When the Spirit of Holiness and Truth comes, he will guide you into all truth." (JN 16)

"If you adhere to my teaching, you will really be my disciples; and you shall know the Truth and the Truth shall make you free." (JN 8)

Most people regard the Bible as the complete and only true word of God. Nothing can be farther from the truth.

The Bible is a compilation of books written by men with flawed understanding. No one is perfect but God. Therefore, there are errors and contradictions everywhere, there. The Bible is not alone in administering God’s instructions. All the Scriptures of all the different religions can claim the same object and purpose, and they are, in fact, just as authoritative in their own context.

The Truth is like a diamond with many faces. Each religion takes up some aspects and levels of the divine teachings, but not all. We should draw from all of them the parts entrusted to them in order to discover the Whole Truth.

Ponder the words of Jesus, above. Could this be what he is alluding to? He clearly refutes what Bible teachers assert and most believers espouse regarding the Bible and tells us that there is so much more still to be revealed.

Everyone is enjoined to be more open to new interpretations and teachings. We should listen more to learn more.

rusra02

Premium Member
I do not agree with you. Either God is a trinity or, as I believe, he is not. Either people have an immortal soul or, as I believe, they do not. The Bible makes it clear there is religious truth and religious lies. (1 John 4:4)
I believe, as Jesus did, that God's word in the Bible is true, not 'riddled with contradictions.' (John 17:17) Despite being completed about 2,000 years ago, the Bible stands as what it says it is, "inspired of God". (2 Timothy 3:16,17)

Yoshua

In the tradition of Martin Luther, this group of ministers adamantly deny that by dying on the cross, Jesus paid for our sins.

http://bereanresearch.org/church-of...each-jesus-died-for-sins-is-ghastly-theology/

Time for every Christian to make a stand. Which side do you favor?
Well here, the problem is the opposing and contradictory interpretations of the two groups. Mainstream Orthodox Christianity believes and teaches salvation through the salvific sacrifice of Jesus dying on the cross, divine mercy and unmerited forgiveness, freedom through faith in Jesus from personal repayment for our sins, and the dispensing of following his example in our daily life since we are already saved by faith, not by works.

The breakaway faction believes and teaches the opposite. Jesus did not die for our sins. We must suffer the consequences of all our actions – belief in personal responsibility, divine and exacting justice or karma, and works, mere faith or belief alone is not sufficient.

Do you see it, now? Which side is more acceptable to you?
Hi Angel,

This is Brian Mclaren’s influence and doctrine of what should be the Christianity. Why we should hear the word of men instead of the word of Christ?
:shrug:

Below is the statement of Brian Mclaren about making disciples for Christianity:

“I don’t believe making disciples must equal making adherents to the Christian religion. It may be advisable in many (not all!) circumstances to help people become followers of Jesus and remain within their Buddhist, Hindu, or Jewish contexts.” (Brian McLaren, A Generous Orthodoxy, p. 260.)

Luke 9:23
23. And He was saying to them all, "If anyone wishes to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me.

Matt. 28:19-20
19. "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,
20. teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

Thanks

Yoshua

Yet, the doctrine has been believed for centuries. It is time for a change.
Hi Angel,

Who’s decision or thinking to change? Did Jesus Christ told us to change because the doctrine was believed for centuries?:(

Thanks

Yoshua

Let’s examine your premise -- Jesus redeeming the world saving it from sin and death.

First, there is no death of the spirit. Spirit is immortal. It cannot die. Only the flesh body dies. Spirit returns to heaven, Paradise or the Spirit World, whatever you may want to call it. However, those who have lived a good life will enjoy the life they find there, whereas those who did not will have to return here to make things right before they may gain entry to the higher heavens.

Jesus said, “Not everyone who calls me Lord, Lord will be allowed to enter heaven but only those who do the will of the Father in heaven.” If we still need to live as directed, then our having been supposedly saved has no effect, at all. We were not saved by Jesus from the consequences of our sin, neither the world. In truth, Jesus simply upgraded the earlier divine teachings, clarifying God’s commandments and standards, and he demonstrated how we could overcome our trials and tribulations by following his example.
Hi Angel,

This is why this Scripture was mentioned so people who would like to come to him will not perish and will received eternal life.

John 3:16
16. "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.
Further, sowing and reaping is a Biblical teaching. Another divine teaching is the principle of personal responsibility. No one can pay someone else’s debts. We must repay our own.

In Matthew 25, Christ is painfully clear as to who only may enter the kingdom:

"‘Come, blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you fed me; I was thirsty and you gave me a drink; I was a stranger and you took me in; naked and you clothed me; sick and in prison and you visited me.’

"Then, the righteous ones will reply, ‘Lord, when did we ever see you hungry and feed you? Or thirsty and give you anything to drink? Or a stranger and help you? Or naked and clothe you? When did we ever see you sick or in prison and visit you?

"And the King will tell them, ‘When you did this for the least of my brothers, you were doing it for me!’"

If Jesus himself refutes this what you claim to be the central premise of Christianity according to church teachings and some Bible verses not directly attributed to him, should we accept it, inspite of his denial? Who do you really want to follow – Christ or your church and your priests?
Follow Christ as deny ourselves, carry our own cross, follow Him and His words, teachings in obedience, and not by believing (only).

Thanks

Yoshua

When a book like the Bible is found to contain so many falsehoods and contradictions, it becomes impractical to just add appendices or amendments to correct the errors. It may be better to just discard it altogether or break it apart into sections -- the Old Testament, the New Testament and the Gospels and focus rather on the part that we believe to be most authoritative and accurate. We might realize that the Gospels should be the focus of our study because it is there that we find the actual words and teachings of Christ.

The churches operated for over two thousand years on a certain central premise – salvation and redemption by Jesus. They built their structures, dogmas, sacraments and rituals along this central teaching. If it would be determined subsequently that the basis or foundation of the faith is an error, then it would probably be better to scuttle it completely and build something else new and better from the ground up.
God’s word is still God’s word. The Bible is the book of life, and it changed the lives of men. It does not contradict and bring falsehood.

Mark 13:31
31. "Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away.

If Jesus stated that His words will not pass away, why need to build something new that is not permitted by Christ ever since?:shrug:
Actually yes, we could all be wrong but also, we can all be correct. There are different aspects and levels to the divine teachings.

Remember the three blind men who inspected three different body parts of an elephant. They each arrived at different observations and conclusions. Re: levels, the grade school pupil understands only what he has been taught – the simple basics, but farther forward, at the masteral and doctoral levels of attainment, the knowledge is far more involved or complex – often almost a different animal, in fact.
Man could be wrong, but Christ could not be wrong. He stated that He is the truth. The truth is in Him with the Father. Yet your example of an elephant is still the same elephant that exist. The same analogy for God, people see different views for God, but there is one who came from God and claimed He is the truth, and He is sent by the Father God. Therefore, their different conclusions and observations is (still) under the authority of one divine God who is true--as witnessed by Jesus Christ and His Apostles/disciples. Their views will now projected to the right view of God which is the truth--as stated in Christ's words and teachings.

Thanks

Angel1

Angel
Hi Angel,

This is Brian Mclaren’s influence and doctrine of what should be the Christianity. Why we should hear the word of men instead of the word of Christ?
:shrug:

Below is the statement of Brian Mclaren about making disciples for Christianity:

“I don’t believe making disciples must equal making adherents to the Christian religion. It may be advisable in many (not all!) circumstances to help people become followers of Jesus and remain within their Buddhist, Hindu, or Jewish contexts.” (Brian McLaren, A Generous Orthodoxy, p. 260.)

Luke 9:23
23. And He was saying to them all, "If anyone wishes to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me.

Matt. 28:19-20
19. "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,
20. teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

Thanks

In studying the bible, the first thing that I do is to find out who said what. Most teachings are not his teachings, but someone else’s. This immediately resolves most issues relating to the controversial and questionable verses. Next, if I see that Jesus was the one who actually did say or teach it, I then relate it to his other sayings and teachings, to see if they concur. If based on my experience and learning, the teaching is still not acceptable to me, then I, as a rule, am forced to assume that the writers committed an error and I reject the teaching, at least for the meantime. We all must learn to think for ourselves and trust our own judgment, regardless of what others, even the authorities, say. This is in line with the principle of personal responsibility. We will be wrong, at times, but we will learn over time.

Anything in Hebrews or Romans did not come directly from Christ.

What Jesus did say is, “Only those who do the will of the Father may enter heaven. “ Salvation is, to me, in direct contradiction to what Jesus, himself, teaches in this verse.

Last edited:

Angel1

Angel
Hi Angel,

Who’s decision or thinking to change? Did Jesus Christ told us to change because the doctrine was believed for centuries?:(

Thanks

If a teaching is determined to be a false teachings, should we not change it? Not just in this example but also for all other false teachings.

Angel1

Angel
Hi Angel,

This is why this Scripture was mentioned so people who would like to come to him will not perish and will received eternal life.

John 3:16
16. "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Follow Christ as deny ourselves, carry our own cross, follow Him and His words, teachings in obedience, and not by believing (only).

Thanks

The verse in John 3:16 is not by Jesus, but by one of his followers. It is in conflict with his own pronouncements, elsewhere in the Gospels and therefore, that must be regarded as a false teaching. Jesus himself never claimed to be the only son. He said, “Those who do the will of my Father are as my mother, brothers and sisters.”

Yoshua

In studying the bible, the first thing that I do is to find out who said what. Most teachings are not his teachings, but someone else’s. This immediately resolves most issues relating to the controversial and questionable verses. Next, if I see that Jesus was the one who actually did say or teach it, I then relate it to his other sayings and teachings, to see if they concur. If based on my experience and learning, the teaching is still not acceptable to me, then I, as a rule, am forced to assume that the writers committed an error and I reject the teaching, at least for the meantime. We all must learn to think for ourselves and trust our own judgment, regardless of what others, even the authorities, say. This is in line with the principle of personal responsibility. We will be wrong, at times, but we will learn over time.
Hi Angel,

Yes, as I did above to show it to you that Mclaren’s understanding of making disciples is differed with Christ’s teachings. We may trust our own judgment in whose authorities? Isn’t Christ’s teachings are valid basis before we trust our own judgment?:shrug:

The disciple of Christ consulted Jesus if they have any queries, so as how we do checking it with the Scriptures (word of Christ).
Anything in Hebrews or Romans did not come directly from Christ.

What Jesus did say is, “Only those who do the will of the Father may enter heaven. “ Salvation is, to me, in direct contradiction to what Jesus, himself, teaches in this verse.
Yet Hebrews or Romans may be studied to see if they connect with Christ’s teachings. The will of the Father is the same as the will of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ submit to the Father.

What makes salvation contradicted with Luke 9:23 and Matt. 28:19-20?:(

Thanks

Yoshua

If a teaching is determined to be a false teachings, should we not change it? Not just in this example but also for all other false teachings.
Hi Angel,

So the ministry of Jesus Christ with His disciples is a false teachings? What are the false teachings?:rolleyes:

Thanks

Yoshua

The verse in John 3:16 is not by Jesus, but by one of his followers. It is in conflict with his own pronouncements, elsewhere in the Gospels and therefore, that must be regarded as a false teaching. Jesus himself never claimed to be the only son. He said, “Those who do the will of my Father are as my mother, brothers and sisters.”
Ok. If a scripture was written and recorded in the Bible like John 3:16, would you mean the following are false teachings?
1.) God loved us as He loved the world.
2.) There is a God.
3.) There is Jesus Christ exist before.
4.) Jesus is the begotten Son.
5.) Jesus is the Son of God.
6.) God sent Jesus Christ for us.
7.) God gave us the hope of salvation—eternal life.

What is the pronouncement of Christ (in particular) that is conflicting?:rolleyes:

There is a difference between “Son of God” and “son” of Mary. His brothers are His earthly brothers. They are not begotten as the Son of God. Son of God is the Son that was sent by the Father. He is the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

Matt. 16:16
16. And Simon Peter answered and said, "Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God."

John 4:25-26
25. The woman said to Him, "I know that Messiah is coming (He who is called Christ); when that One comes, He will declare all things to us."
26. Jesus said to her, "I who speak to you am He."

Thanks

Angel1

Angel
Hi Angel,

Yes, as I did above to show it to you that Mclaren’s understanding of making disciples is differed with Christ’s teachings. We may trust our own judgment in whose authorities? Isn’t Christ’s teachings are valid basis before we trust our own judgment?:shrug:

The disciple of Christ consulted Jesus if they have any queries, so as how we do checking it with the Scriptures (word of Christ).

Yet Hebrews or Romans may be studied to see if they connect with Christ’s teachings. The will of the Father is the same as the will of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ submit to the Father.

What makes salvation contradicted with Luke 9:23 and Matt. 28:19-20?:(

Thanks

Jesus is only supposed to share his truths and make suggestions. But he does not nor should he command anyone to do anything. We are brothers and equals, just that he is far advanced and serves as our divine guide. We should listen to him. But regardless, everything must be subjected to our own personal analysis and testing. We should accept only those truths and suggestions that we are able to validate in light of our own personal experiences and reject those that are not so validated.

This is line with the divine principle of personal responsibility. Also, anyone who continues to be subservient to someone else cannot attain to perfection that is our destiny. Instead, God through Jesus and other high spirits, is teaching us all things so that we may in time be able to think and act like God.

The conventional church teaching is our salvation by the shedding of the blood of Jesus. This is a false teaching.

Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

Here is confirmation of the falsity of this teaching. If Jesus saved us and he paid for our sins, then we should not have to carry our own cross, because he supposedly did that for us. But he didn’t pay for our sins, so we have to pay them, ourselves. This is what he means by us carrying our own cross. Denying ourselves and following him simply means that we should curb our personal desires and follow the ways of God which he demonstrated for all of us.

Matt. 28: 19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. 20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

These verses have nothing to do with salvation.

Angel1

Angel
Hi Angel,

So the ministry of Jesus Christ with His disciples is a false teachings? What are the false teachings?:rolleyes:

Thanks

I did not say that what Jesus taught his disciples are false teachings. Jesus himself tells us that he didn’t tell us everything when he was here. And like any group of students, some of them may have misunderstood his teachings to some degree.

But mostly, I refer to the Old Testament teachings that he refuted and upgraded.

False and superseded teachings embedded in the Bible

Jesus upgrades the Old Testament teachings

In most all cases when asked as to their specific objections to religion, critics and non-believers cite false, obsolete and superseded teachings found in the Holy Scriptures of all the religions. They fail to realize that all instruction, specially divine instruction, is progressive -- beginning from the simple basic and graduating to the more complex and advanced.

So did Jesus refute most all of the objectionable Old Testament teachings. Just to mention a few to give everyone a clearer idea, but there are many:

1. In place of the tribal god Jehovah, the angry and jealous god of the Hebrews, Jesus revealed the One God of love, justice and mercy Who loves all His children, assuring us that there is a valid spiritual reason for everything that happens to everyone.

2. Instead of separation, isolation and the elimination of all enemies, inferior races and rival tribes, he taught that all men are brothers. We should all learn to love one another and live in harmony.

3. An eye for an eye was replaced by Forgive, Turn your other cheek and Love your enemies. This while assuring everyone that God's exacting divine justice will be meted out to everyone.

4. Animal and human sacrifices are discouraged in favor of the living practice of love, mercy, kindness and service to our fellowmen. Even though this is still widely believed and taught by his misguided followers, Jesus should not be regarded as a human sacrifice who died as a ransom for our sins. Instead, everyone of us will have to live as he lived, following his example as best we can.

5. He simplified the 10 Commandments and converted them into just 2 -- Love God and love your neighbor as yourself, affording us more leeway in recognition of our higher stage of development from that of the ancient Hebrews.

6. Many of the over 600 Mosaic Laws were revealed as worthless and useless traditions that even ran contrary to the true laws of God. The prohibitions against eating non-kosher foods and the detailed procedures for washing pots, pans, and other worldly rules and practices, etc. -- all man-made laws. God's laws relate to Spirit and are not so much concerned with material and physical considerations.

7. He clarified the many integral parts of love. Do not judge or criticize. Forgive. We should mind our own business -- the board in our own eye -- and not interfere with someone else's. Practice tolerance and non-violence. Serve rather than seek to be served -- the greatest of all is the servant of all. Do unto others as you would want others to do unto you.

8. He also provided us with clearer insights regarding the things of heaven and the goings on there. He enjoins us to study and prepare for the True Life that comes after earth life. Our fate depends on us, entirely -- what we think and do. And our enjoyment of everything in life is based on merit.

9. Before he left us, he told us that God would send the Holy Spirits in his name to guide us to "all truth." He promised that he will return to teach us more, those that he wasn't able to tell us before, even the mysteries kept hidden since the foundation of the world. He will speak no longer in parables, but he will teach us plainly. And to those who have kept faith with him, his promises are being fulfilled even now.

Angel1

Angel
Ok. If a scripture was written and recorded in the Bible like John 3:16, would you mean the following are false teachings?
2.) There is a God.

What is the pronouncement of Christ (in particular) that is conflicting?:rolleyes:

There is a difference between “Son of God” and “son” of Mary. His brothers are His earthly brothers. They are not begotten as the Son of God. Son of God is the Son that was sent by the Father. He is the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

16. And Simon Peter answered and said, "Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God."

25. The woman said to Him, "I know that Messiah is coming (He who is called Christ); when that One comes, He will declare all things to us."

Thanks
2.) There is a God.

Thanks

1.) God loved us as He loved the world. True
2.) There is a God. True
3.) There is Jesus Christ exist before. True. But so did we exist, also, before we were born in this present life.
4.) Jesus is the begotten Son. Only son is false. We are all of us children of the same Father-God.
5.) Jesus is the Son of God. True. Yes, but so are we sons of God.
6.) God sent Jesus Christ for us. True. Not to pay for our sins, but to provide clearer insights relating to the Spirits Worlds and to demonstrate to us how we can “save ourselves” or rather free ourselves from earth and ascend to heaven.
7.) God gave us the hope of salvation—eternal life. False. From our creation, we have been endowed with eternal life. However, we are required to come down to earth and motivate a body of flesh to learn and develop to perfection before we may be allowed to live permanently in heaven.

God is Spirit and He created us spirits in His image. All spirits are brothers. Christ and/or Messiah is simply a high degree of spiritual attainment or advancement. It is his work to bring all of us forward in our own development.

Kelly of the Phoenix

The will of the Father is the same as the will of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ submit to the Father.
"Not my will, but Yours be done" -- Jesus

2.) There is a God.
1. God has made it abundantly clear throughout the bible that He made us and can easily unmake us. I can love my car, but it can also be easily replaced.
2. Sure.
3. Before what? What documentation do we have? And if NT authors claim things that aren't in the OT, can we just go ahead and call them liars? Or, at least, we can say that maybe they are basing their "facts" on non-canon material? (That way, they aren't lying, just using different texts we have lost.)
4. Yahweh isn't Zeus. El, arguably the (G)od previous to Yahweh, DID father other gods, though, making Jesus a sibling, nothing more.
5. In the same way we are all children of God.
6. God sent lots of people.
7. Why is eternal life a great gift? What are you to do with it? It can't be to help others, because you're dead (or, alive but useless?). Is this not just a carrot used to influence people who can't accept the reality of death? I can see if someone's life was hellish wanting an upgrade, but for many, life is at least "meh". Seems selfish to want an eternity of stars and rainbows. At least, it does to me nowadays. God can send me to heaven if He wants. I just see too much going on in the here and now and I think the focus should be on fixing those things since those consequences will last for generations to come. Going to heaven affects, as far as I'm aware, next to nothing.

1. In place of the tribal god Jehovah, the angry and jealous god of the Hebrews, Jesus revealed the One God of love, justice and mercy Who loves all His children, assuring us that there is a valid spiritual reason for everything that happens to everyone.
To be fair to "OT God", however, He regretted killing everyone in the flood and, after supposedly fixing things with Jesus, has no ethical problems with frying everyone again in the apocalypse.