• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brainwashing camp for gay teens

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Not reallya discrepancy. At most camps, you have to attend the camp as a member, and then you can stay on as a counselor/mentor.
participants
(Counselor/mentor)s are not usually considered participants.

Edit:

I sent them an email asking for a response to this article, hoepfully I will get one.

Original Freak

I am the ORIGINAL Freak
Assuming I was gay and sent to this camp this wouldn't turn me staight, it would turn me into a mean and hateful gay guy. I would get in so much crap at a place like this due to my lack of 'participation'.

Melody

I don't care what views someone holds about the right or wrong of homosexuality....how can anyone who says they love their child put them through this?

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
I think this is much like the camps that became popular for sending overweight children. The parents heart was in the right place, meaning they thought they were helping their child, but the cruel reality of it was that everybody called it 'fat kid camp', and it was more detramental than helpful.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
You can also get the parents for child abuse and neglect for consenting for them to go. That would take a more expensive lawyer, but it could be done.
You can get the place shut down on those charges with its own policies. The parents consent wouldn't matter.

Loki

Any parent who loves their kids would never even consider sending their kid to this thing.

I was shocked at hearing about it, and i am wondering if it's a hoax. That is how bloody awful it is. I don't even want to believe it is real. I'm going to go and find out more about this.

Original Freak

I am the ORIGINAL Freak
Loki said:
Any parent who loves their kids would never even consider sending their kid to this thing.

I was shocked at hearing about it, and i am wondering if it's a hoax. That is how bloody awful it is. I don't even want to believe it is real. I'm going to go and find out more about this.
People's faith can be so strong that they will do anything to 'help' their gay child and at times even disown them.

Loki

I've posted some messages of support in the blog of the guy who's going. I sincerely hope that this farce of a camp is shut down.