• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Books I bought today!

theMINI

Hey everyone,

I thought it would be a great to get started off by reading books! I went to a bible house today and bought a couple books I thought looked very interesting.

• Teenage Study Bible
  • The World's Religion - Huston Smith
  • 128 of the Great Stories from the Bible - Daniel Elton Harmon, Collen Reece and Julue Reece-DeMarco
  • Jesus (An Intimate portrait of the man, his land, and his people) - Leith Anderson
Has anyone read any of these books? I'd post pictures but I'm not allowed yet. :)

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
theMINI said:
Hey everyone,

I thought it would be a great to get started off by reading books! I went to a bible house today and bought a couple books I thought looked very interesting.
  • Teenage Study Bible
  • 128 of the Great Stories from the Bible - Daniel Elton Harmon, Collen Reece and Julue Reece-DeMarco
  • Jesus (An Intimate portrait of the man, his land, and his people) - Leith Anderson
Has anyone read any of these books? I'd post pictures but I'm not allowed yet. :)

I've read Huston Smith. It's an excellent survey, the best survey I've ever read. Smith is adept at explaining the essence of a religion, and points out the strengths of each.

I haven't read Leith Anderson, but I would be interested in your opinion of her work on that topic. The topic sounds very interesting.

Happy reading!

BruceDLimber

theMINI said:
I went to a bible house today and bought a couple books I thought looked very interesting.

• Teenage Study Bible
Fair warning: Smith's stuff is often inaccurate.

Regards,

Bruce