• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Books for the spiritual seeker

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I have read a couple of these, and I would add "The Urantia Book", "Conversations With God" by Neall Donald Walsh. and the entire Carlos Castaneda series with Don Juan.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
I have read a couple of these, and I would add "The Urantia Book", "Conversations With God" by Neall Donald Walsh. and the entire Carlos Castaneda series with Don Juan.

I think we are on the same page - I could actually add a few to the list as well - such as Lorne Ladner's The Lost Art of Compassion & Awakening the Buddha Within by Lama Surya Das and a few that escape my mind at the moment.

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Oh yes - how could I forget - here is one very few people have heard about -

"The Spiritual Seeker's Guide to Happiness"

by Rashana

Well worth a read if you are curious. If you are not so curious, please continue as you like - whatever floats-your-boat!

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
As a culture we are often taught that we should try to avoid unpleasant emotions at all costs. Thus, for many, the primary impulse when they are experiencing unpleasant emotions is to try to escape from those feelings through alcohol, drugs, restricting food, binging, busyness, compulsive sex, or a variety of other self-harming behaviors.

Comes from this author -

Harvard’s Most Popular Course: How to Be Happier

Plus more happiness tips from the Harvard course

:)