• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Book Recommendations- Helping One Another Discover New Reading Material

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
This isn't so much a what you're reading thread. Its what you want to read.

Any topic you want to learn more about mention here, and hopefully another member knowledgeable in the subject can suggest books.

Call it a books suggestion thread.

I actually have the first request to help get the ball rolling.

Can anyone suggest some good books on Shinto mythology, particularly the Kami, and preferably in modern English?

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Also I wouldn't mind suggestions for books that could make a convincing argument for a historical Jesus, not just reference stuff like the resurrection.

I've pretty much given up on believing in a historical Jesus since reading Christ-myth theory. I didn't necessarily want to, but it was a matter of intellectual honesty when faced with the arguments.

That's why I'm asking.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
Also I wouldn't mind suggestions for books that could make a convincing argument for a historical Jesus, not just reference stuff like the resurrection.

I've pretty much given up on believing in a historical Jesus since reading Christ-myth theory. I didn't necessarily want to, but it was a matter of intellectual honesty when faced with the arguments.

That's why I'm asking.
Ehrman's Did Jesus Exist is a good short read on the subject. His blog (paid membership) is also a good source for additional rebuttals on the subject.