• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Book Holder

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Jewish DIR.

I've noticed that Muslims use book-holders, a rihal, for the Quran. Have Jews anything similar for their books? I've not seen such a thing, but I like the idea of a special holder for sacred lit.

Tumah

Veteran Member
Nothing official, but in the interest of practicality we have the table top holder:
52832.jpg

And the more common lectern:
14136649320-1.jpg

rosends

The shtender (lectern) would be for any book, useful for study or prayerbooks. This is the coolest one I've ever seen

The Torah, in its scroll form is kept in an ark/closet and is laid out on a table to be read.

Tumah

Veteran Member
The shtender (lectern) would be for any book, useful for study or prayerbooks. This is the coolest one I've ever seen

The Torah, in its scroll form is kept in an ark/closet and is laid out on a table to be read.
Do you even know how many times I was sitting in shul thinking, "if only I had a seder plate here!" This is a dream come true.