• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bogomils and Islam

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
I am very interested in reading about the Cathars and the Albigenesian Crusades. I find it fascinating.

Last night I came across a piece which said that the Bogomils outlasted the Cathars by many centuries, continuing into the ninteenth century. It also suggested that the Bogomils are the ancestors of many of todays Bosnian Muslims. Is this true?

In converting to Islam what (if any?) of their Gnostic past did they bring with them to Islam?

Does anyone here know about this subject?
Does

arcanum

I am very interested in reading about the Cathars and the Albigenesian Crusades. I find it fascinating.

Last night I came across a piece which said that the Bogomils outlasted the Cathars by many centuries, continuing into the ninteenth century. It also suggested that the Bogomils are the ancestors of many of todays Bosnian Muslims. Is this true?

In converting to Islam what (if any?) of their Gnostic past did they bring with them to Islam?

Does anyone here know about this subject?
Does
Interesting topic, there is a book by Richard Smoley called Forbidden Faith which traces the thread of gnosticism from it's beginnings through the Bogamils and Cathars, where it's probable that the Bogamils passed it on to the Cathars and the Bogamils probably picked it up from the Manichean's. Mani probably picked up much fro the original Gnositcs.