• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Blood clots

Thief

Rogue Theologian
No, I am able to recognize how politics warps the mind of those susceptible to religious/political brainwashing.

Or do

you actually

think that

urging people to get vaccinated

is a tyrannical communist

plot by Chynaaaa?

Now go watch

some science

shows.....
you
don't
listen

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
A few months ago, a relative of mine (a high school drop out, but I'm sure that is just a coincidence) shared a post on Facebook. It was littered with typos. It referred to an "MRNA virus" (caps in original). It claimed that the person writing the post's husband is a microbiologist and has worked at many "renoun institutes" and had "made science better" and was involved in making vaccines, but warned that Covid vaccines were part of a plan to control Patriots...

It was like 4 paragraphs long. It read like a 9th grader had written it. I corrected all of the science errors in it, but I was told by one of my relative's friends that it "looked right" to her.

The share on my relative's FB timeline got HUNDREDS of likes. A few weeks ago, I searched FB for keywords in the post, and it had been shared by dozens of people, including on some chiropractic pages, health guru-type pages, and even by a couple of nurses. I did my best to report the posts for false claims about health. But I checked a few places last week, and FB left them up - not even a warning. FB doesn't want to upset the ignorant, you see.

So yes, a lot of people are brainwashed.

Just not in the way you seem to think.

Yeah. I don't have professional knowledge or anything like that. I guess one of the best ways to put it is if someone offered you medicine for an illness and you know its not life or death, its new, and you have a gut feeling something is up, would you take it because 2,000 died and authorities say its perfect or would you listen to your doctor, your loved ones, and your own views and feelings in whether the medicine (or vaccine) is good for you.

But with the brainwash thing, thats what it seems like when it comes to media and "promoting" the vaccine to near coercion (if not 100% so). You have people google websites saying "how can we convince people to take the vaccine." I wouldn't be surprised if people said how can we convince people not to take it" it would be censored.

But, I really don't follow facebook like that. Just recipes and running group quotes. I always wondered how you get news information and arguments on FB but maybe you choose news organizations as your pages and get pulled into it?

ecco

Veteran Member
Yes. Ecco and some others seem to have a vendetta on me for some reason.

Not at all. I treat you the same way I treat everyone who believes the odds of dying from a vaccination are worse than the odds from dying from Covid.

The article wasn't referring to people dying from blood clots because of COVID. It was referring to blood clots after the J&J vaccine had been taken. It didn't make a direct connection (though people here think I was making that "assumption") but the government and scientists seem to think there is some sort of connection therefore the pause. Coronavirus Disease 2019.

I never said the blood clots were caused by Covid. I said:
Long before Covid, 100,000 people died each year from blood clots. It is not at all strange that some people will die of blood clots before they get vaccinated and some will die of blood clots after they get the vaccine.​

Perhaps you need to slow down and try to understand what you are reading before commenting on it.

They paused it for a short while and just released it.

I'm not anti-vax or anything like that but the assumption and accusation is if I was. The OP doesn't suggest that nor does it say it nor was it put in debates.

• You want to intentionally ignore the odds of dying from Covid vs dying from vaccines...
  • You go by gut feel rather than science to make your decision...
  • You put more faith in anecdotal evidence from an acquaintance than from science...

That sure sounds like a person who is an anti-vaxxer.

tas8831

Everyone knows that vitamins are effective, safe, and regulated.
Also, everyone knows that Big Medicine and Big Pharma is just out to keep you sick and make money.

And I know that because Dr. Joe Mercola, who sells expensive supplements and lives in a giant mansion, told me so!

ecco

Veteran Member
I was reading fine till this part.
Obviously not.
Assumptions are the mother of all evils.
Not always and not necessarily. But what assumptions did I make?

This was not an assumption...
  • You want to intentionally ignore the odds of dying from Covid vs dying from vaccines...
  • You go by gut feel rather than science to make your decision...
  • You put more faith in anecdotal evidence from an acquaintance than from science...
That sure sounds like a person who is an anti-vaxxer.

Perhaps you were referring to the assumption you made...
Ecco and some others seem to have a vendetta on me for some reason.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Obviously not.

Not always and not necessarily. But what assumptions did I make?

This was not an assumption...

Perhaps you were referring to the assumption you made...

I didn't read the rest. I usually don't. It les me know if one wants to debate or argue.

Assumption meaning, I'm making a guess but not saying definite yes or no.

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
on the other hand......assumption is a tool

if applied carefully.....you can move from one idea to another

and guess what?
you might REALIZE......something

Long as you ask for clarification to see if it's correct.

Except for, of course, if you think someone will shoot you.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Long as you ask for clarification to see if it's correct.

Except for, of course, if you think someone will shoot you.
for example.....science would have you believe
an object at rest will remain at rest
an object in motion was moved by something

both ideas are assumptions
we accept them until we find an instance when it seems......difficult

now go back to the primordial singularity