• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Black Hole Merger?

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Out of my league here for sure but trying to understand, great input from everyone, thanks!

So is it true that black holes never merge, two "merging" black holes continue to merge until one of the two (the smaller) black holes totally dissipate in gravity waves? If a black hole is dissipating then something has to cross the event horizon right?

No, they *do* merge. The result is a BH larger than either of the original two. But the total mass in the BHs has gone down because of a decrease in energy of the system with consequent emission of gravitational waves.

My confusion is that the event horizon is caused by a singularity of a lot of mass, that mass can not merge with another singularity because if the event horizon, stuff spiraling in to the black hole is probably burnt off as gravity waves... But what happens to the singularity itself? Doesn't it have to remain unique to itself?

Thanks!

Once the event horizons merge into one continuous boundary, the singularities inside quickly also merge. It is the event horizon that identifies something as a BH.

It is, however, a mistake to say the singularity has a lot of mass. The mass is a global characteristic, not a local one (for BHs).

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Father said space not a circle is a thin flat plane of nothing empty cold.

Cold as compared to any circulating still burning but cooling form. Which causes a circle.

Science said to science a flat plane is not any circle as the heavens sits on a flat plane and not a circle.

As a human using words not explaining their awareness human consciousness correctly.

Space empty void is by extreme pressure sucking constantly changing everything. Science discusses information falsely.

As he does not as a thinker determine laws.

When he infers laws his want already owns machine invention in his thought and machine reactions. As motivation to theory.

Why science of human lied and lies constantly as false earth info is always included. Were told you owned and used and practiced the science of our destruction via your false word use involving human want.

JoshuaTree

Flowers are red?
Ultimately, I'm not sure that this is even a meaningful question. mathematically, the two singularities merge pretty quickly into one.

Just one more question before I back off and ponder this.

A singularity is infinitely small, so wouldn't it take an infinite amount of time for two singularities to merge into a single singularity?

JoshuaTree

Flowers are red?
Can I quote your question elsewhere?

1. According to Steven Hawking a black hole can not be split into two black holes.
2. The splitting in two parts is merging them together in the reverse run of time.
3. The laws of nature are time-reversible,
4. thus one is not able to merge two black holes.

The author of idea: M.Sc. Dmitri Martila.

Truth as God of Science

Because time runs backwards below the event horizon and repels the advance?

JoshuaTree

Flowers are red?
The singularity isn't within the event horizon...the singularity IS the event horizon, right? Outside falling in time stops on the event horizon, inside falling out time stops on the event horizon. So all that is required for two singularities to merge is to burn off the stuff falling in as gravity waves, when nothing is left the two are one, right?

But that would mean at the center of the singularity there is no gravity, only perfectly empty space, and perfectly empty space is probably perfectly unstable home for quantum fluctuations. So as particles "poof" into existence inside the singularity they fall out onto the event horizon and are trapped before they can "poof" back out of existence. But then that creates an inbalance, and the empty space becomes more unstable because it is actually emptier never giving the particle back which increases the amount of dark matter, so black holes are actually dark matter generators, the gravity of the black hole far greater than what has fallen in, right?
o_O

questfortruth

Because time runs backward below the event horizon and repels the advance?
Thank you for the likes. I have submitted the idea to the top journal. The progress of the paper you could track by sending queries to [email protected]

Yes, in official Science one can penetrate the event horizon. And move inside Black Hole.
But in my own personal Quest For Truth, the faller will vanish before the reaching of the event horizon.
The vanishing violates energy conservation law unless Dark Matter is balancing the system.
There is an absence of space and time and matter inside the event horizon: a black hole is simply a hole in spacetime, the event horizon is the edge of our Universe.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
First you are a living human aware theorising.

First theory O flooded earth ∆mountain peak removed to water line by O UFO radiation. How to convert earth mass.

Never any cosmic God theory. Cosmic God theory told the first reactive only moment once in space. Was taught afterwards to God earth stone scientists.

Theory life is water. Water went into stone by mass pressure first and it saved stone. The life of stone as water is life. Said.

Life...water saved stone.

Says life is water how ever is living as a human first. In water his life support.

Water went into stone.

Metal machine reused water to stop burning of metal. Held metal artificially.

Double mass water used in stone first no longer owned passing into mass. Life spirit.

Theist claim is now radiation passing through mass including water. Without water history in theory.

Lied.

To convert God deep inside mass was activated to fusion deep inside of fusion already as convert first. Fusion above ground not in fission. Mass dug up. Fission already active in the mass.

Science mind says mass instantly gone minus one is first black hole. God the stone mass. The theist human thinking.

Says resource partially activated. He then takes resource and removes partial mass again. Second black hole.

Then new resource used up by machine as machines life is the psyche known third black hole.

Human life water owner first as life is in water annihalated. By theist.

Science mind today knows all men in science as choice historic.

Says by memory I am more intelligent today than any ancient scientist as I lived through aware all destruction since. First scientist a proven idiot. He never knew destruction until he was destroyed.

Says so today as I learnt by destruction. I am now more aware.

Now owns what first scientist never knew how to remove a planets form in total. Congratulates himself on his destroyer wisdom.

Said I theoried by study to remove atmospheric natural human miracle healing and interact its reasons gas status with my machine reaction only.

I want healing replacement of removed earth gases. Known removed by resource.

First machine for first science already active as one only science.

All humans however are using it. He says. They are already sick and dying so who cares. Some humans just get life renewed later than others. Because are all using its support already.

Realising just how he theories.

One position is first inside God radiation conversion equals why a human was not instantly healed already above ground inside stone gases also.

Science theist is pre history advised by human life destruction is already advised of that advice.

Said position four human healing I will now remove. Give it machine reactions replacement of earth gases. To remain active as earth science first.

One two together already equals three then double three as a moment no life on earth meaning in science converting then using the resource.

Destruction of any earth gas.

Resource totally used is already part of the machine design using up resource to live as the machine. Gone already is the advice. The hole left hot metal machine mass historic cooled by water.

Metal machine overheats as directly advised. Machine reaction tried a second time inside water mass.

Water as humans life spirit did not penetrate machine mass to cool it.

Theory about human life in water. Is not science gas conversions that affect water mass.

When you say human life spirit you mean water.

Theory black hole all in his self possessed brain mind as it's inventor designer. As multiple black holes joining.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Buy what happens to the singularity below the event horizon?
We don't know. We can't know. But there are mathematical models describing the merger.
What we do know is that Black Holes do merge as LIGO can detect the gravitational waves that are predicted by GR. And as of now the waves behave just as predicted.

Last edited:

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Just one more question before I back off and ponder this.

A singularity is infinitely small, so wouldn't it take an infinite amount of time for two singularities to merge into a single singularity?

Once they get closer than the Planck length, they cannot be distinguished and so are merged.

I want to emphasize all (except the merger of event horizons, which we have detected) is somewhat speculative. I am just going by what the math says.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
The singularity isn't within the event horizon...the singularity IS the event horizon, right? Outside falling in time stops on the event horizon, inside falling out time stops on the event horizon. So all that is required for two singularities to merge is to burn off the stuff falling in as gravity waves, when nothing is left the two are one, right?

WRONG. The event horizon is NOT the singularity. It does surround the singularity, though.

The singularity is defined by certain parameters (curvature being the primary one) going to infinity as you approach it. The event horizon is define by the inability of light to escape.

Anything inside the event horizon is trapped inside. Things falling in have a more complicated history, though.

From *outside*, a thing falling in looks to slow down and get darker as it approaches the event horizon. From outside, it never looks like it makes it to the horizon. But this is because light cannot escape.

For the one falling in, it takes only a finite amount of time to get to the horizon. And the tidal forces don't even have to be too bad (if it is a large BH). Nothing particular happens to things falling in at the event horizon except that they can no longer communicate to the outside.

But that would mean at the center of the singularity there is no gravity, only perfectly empty space, and perfectly empty space is probably perfectly unstable home for quantum fluctuations. So as particles "poof" into existence inside the singularity they fall out onto the event horizon and are trapped before they can "poof" back out of existence. But then that creates an inbalance, and the empty space becomes more unstable because it is actually emptier never giving the particle back which increases the amount of dark matter, so black holes are actually dark matter generators, the gravity of the black hole far greater than what has fallen in, right?
o_O

Nope. See above.