• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

birthday meanings?

Mike182

Flaming Queer
does your birthday have any specific meaning? i found out two things today that amazed me - first, from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/November_6
November 6 is the 310th day of the year (311th in leap years) in the Gregorian Calendar, with 55 days remaining.
With 88 days between the equinox on September 23 and the solstice on 21 December, we are considered halfway through the relevant seasons (Autumn or Fall in the northern hemisphere; Spring in the southern hemisphere) on this day.

second, though i can't remember the exact name - my RE teacher just got a new bok from Amazon, it goes through every day of the year and gives it a pagan meaning, and the 6th november had someone related to Dragons :eek: a St someone or other, i really can't remember :eek: but still, :woohoo: i may have found my connection to dragons!

Draka

Wonder Woman
The only thing about my birthday that I ever find is that it is the birthday of the Buddha. Other than that it is just another day. My Wicca Almanac always lists it as Buddha's birthday and I looked up November 6th too. All I found for it was what appeared to be a German holiday known as Leonard's Ride. If it is a holiday. I don't know. I'm not saying that there isn't another thing attached to it, just that it is all I found in this particular almanac.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
*shrugs* i dunno, i'm gonna go steal her book for a bit again tomorrow, and write it down :D (providing she hasn't taken it home, i know how she loves her books....)

Mike182

Flaming Queer
i share birthday with Joanna, the spanish princess and daughter of Ferdinand and Isabella - the mad one they locked in the tower, married philip the Next spanish king (i think, lemmie go check...)

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
I whole bunch of military stuff and death happened on my birthday.......:eek:

OOOOOH OOOOOH- it is: Military Day in Iran!!!! (sweet :areyoucra )

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Wow; February 8th comes up with a whole range. Of course, believing in Numerology as I do, February 8 is not exactly a 'good' day. It's a rather fateful number. Looking back on my life, that about sums it up; any combinations of 8 or 4 are potentially bad for me.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
michel said:
Wow; February 8th comes up with a whole range. Of course, believing in Numerology as I do, February 8 is not exactly a 'good' day. It's a rather fateful number. Looking back on my life, that about sums it up; any combinations of 8 or 4 are potentially bad for me.

combinations of 8 and 4.... would that not just be every even number?

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Mike182 said:
*shrugs* i dunno, i'm gonna go steal her book for a bit again tomorrow, and write it down :D (providing she hasn't taken it home, i know how she loves her books....)

Oooo! If you can get ahold of it, please let me know what Sept 27 1979 would have been!

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
My birthday has special significance because I share it with Feathers and Lunamoth. How cool is that?

Bishka

Veteran Member
August 9:

• 1173 - Construction of the (Leaning) Tower of Pisa begins, and it takes two centuries to complete.
Births:

Your birthday also has special significants on a personal level. I'm into numerology and find it particularly accurate.
Some of the events that have happened on April 30th.
It is also the eve of Bealtain.
1006 - Supernova SN 1006, the brightest supernova in recorded history, appears in the constellation Lupus.
1483 - Orbital calculations suggest that on this day Pluto moved inside Neptune's orbit, making Neptune the furthest planet from the Sun until July 23, 1503. 1492 - Spain gives Christopher Columbus his commission of exploration.
1794 - The Battle of Boulou is fought, in which French forces defeated the Spanish under General Union.
1789 - On the balcony of Federal Hall on Wall Street in New York City, George Washington takes the oath of office to become the first elected President of the United States.
1803 - Louisiana Purchase: The United States purchases the Louisiana Territory from France for $15 million, more than doubling – overnight – the size of the young nation. 1812 - The Territory of Orleans becomes the 18th U.S. state under the name Louisiana. 1871 - Camp Grant Massacre takes place in Arizona Territory. 1900 - Hawaii becomes a territory of the United States, with Sanford B. Dole as governor. 1927 - The Federal Industrial Institute for Women, opens in Alderson, West Virginia, as the first women's federal prison in the United States.
1938 - The animated cartoon short Porky's Hare Hunt debuts in movie theaters, introducing Bugs Bunny.
1939 - Franklin D. Roosevelt becomes the first President of the United States to appear on television. 1939 - The 1939 New York World's Fair opens.
1943 - World War II: Operation Mincemeat – The submarine HMS Seraph surfaces in the Mediterranean Sea off the coast of Spain to deposit a dead man planted with false invasion plans and dressed as a British military intelligence officer.
1945 - Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun commit suicide after being married for one day.
1993 - The World Wide Web was born at CERN.
1995 - U.S. President Bill Clinton became the first U.S. President to visit Northern Ireland.

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
Mike182 said:
does your birthday have any specific meaning? i found out two things today that amazed me - first, from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/November_6

second, though i can't remember the exact name - my RE teacher just got a new bok from Amazon, it goes through every day of the year and gives it a pagan meaning, and the 6th november had someone related to Dragons :eek: a St someone or other, i really can't remember :eek: but still, :woohoo: i may have found my connection to dragons!

I'm not sure if there is any particular meaning to my birthday, but perhaps the first cosmetic item was created on August 31?

ChrisP

Veteran Member
12th Feb 2006 - Vice President Dick Cheney accidentally shoots friend Harry Whittington in the face during a hunting trip in Kenedy County, Texas, becoming the first Vice President to shoot a man since Aaron Burr assassinated Alexander Hamilton

:biglaugh: Oh, that's great. I always thought it happened the day after but the vagaries of hte international dateline have just made my day :D

OMG Christina Ricci has the same birthday as me, and only a year earlier... that's scary.

FantasyDream

My birthday is on February 28. The only thing I found interesting that happened was:

1953 - James D. Watson and Francis Crick announce to friends that they have determined the chemical structure of DNA; formal announcement April 25 following publication in April Nature (pub. April 2).