• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bird Tribes

About 1995 I was downtown Tucson Arizona and on the wall of a building on 4th ave. there was a painting of the "Legend of the Bird Tribes". I read this with great interest and noticed it was mixed with a verse from the Bible from Isaiah,"They Shall Mount Up With Wings of Eagles". What I'd like to here from anyone is what they percieve this legend to be and any comments about it's origen!
My personel opinion is that this legend was born long before the tribes came to be in this land and may have been from ancient patriarchs the other side of the world. I see this prophesy comeing to be very soon, but many not be in the way you may think!
I have some blood of the Lenni-Lanapi tribe from long ago.
Seraph

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Native americans have been heavily chrisitanized over the years... many are Christians so its no wonder that biblical phrases have crept into the oral legands of the nations.

It does not mean that we are decended from lost 'tribes of Isreal' or indeed lost tribes from anywhere.

:(

wa:do

I did not mean to infer that the tribes here are from Isreal although there is some evidence that Mid Eastern people may have found their way to the East Coast about the time of Solomon. The lost tribes of Israel are scattered throughout Europe and many other places in the Eastern lands.
The burning of insence and the smoke of the peace pipe have the same origen
and meaning in representing Spirit! Every culture has a need to worship a Creator and to have something physical to express the unseen.
The Eagles have a strong meaning to us all even if we don't understand with our mind our hearts "see" the truth and one day we shall all be free to soar as the Eagles!
I "see" the Bird Tribes as a manifestation of the Creators matured Children comeing forth to return us again to where we all came from in unity and lost natures from before time!
Whew! I would like to here from a Grandfather what he knows of this legend.

I would also like to say that the word Christian has been dragged through the
slime of this world's politics and has become just a word! Christ follower am I
the Anointed One Jesus/Yashua not a religious organization do I follow! Men have used His Name to Kill and counqer but they are false followers!
I'll shut up for now, thanks for hearing me out.
Seraph

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
That evidence is poor at best, and anyway we had already been here more than ten tousand years. Also, then by that logic we should also be more like Vikings, Chinese, and the Irish and the Scottish who also reached various parts of North America well before the time of Columbus. We are our own people.
you will have to forgive me as the term 'anchent patriarchs' from 'the other side of the world' leads me to think that you believe that some sort of biblical people set up shop here.

Anyway, I was not dragging Christianity through the mud as you put it, I was pointing out that the person who related that virsion of the legend was more than likely Christian themselves or had been exposed to Christianity for years.
Remember that the Spanish brought Catholisism to the area about 400 years ago. Christianity was a hundreds of years old tradition in the area for almost 200 years before the arival of the 'wild west' and the migration of the US settlers.

Thus it is perfectly reasonable to have christian verses in Native stories with out the need for extarodenary connections.

hope this helps clear some things up.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Yes, we seem to be closest to the Ainu peoples of Honshu Japan. The similarities between our cultures are increadable. They are a remarkable people who have sufferd as much as any native people and are now regaining thier heritage.
http://www.ainu-museum.or.jp/english/english.html

Other groups may have arrived and added to the mix, such as the vikings who arived and set up a short lived colony on the east coast, Polynesians who may have reached south and central america from easter island, and who knows who elce.

But in truth we are Native Americans, this has been our home for perhaps as long as 20,000 years. (depending on the accuracy of Monte Verde) We are our own people, if not then we should all be called migrant Africans. ;)

ps, HI and welcome!