• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big earred humans

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Some TV creationist show made a big deal about how reptiles never stop growing. And, therefore, that is why we have dinosaurs. They are merely big lizards, because the conditions on Earth were different and everything lived longer.
Two problems: The first thing that bothered me was that the same people say that dinosaurs didn't die out until recently. Then how did they get so big after the flood? A T-rex should have been so small that we could have just given him a swift kick to get him out of our way.
The other problem is that supposedly human ears, and I hear noses as well, don't stop growing. So what did Adam look like? Like Dumbo? Did Methuselah have to pick his nose with his feet? I know Creationists are finding bones of giant humans. Are they finding big ears and noses fossilized in the post-flood mud of normal sized humans as well?

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Dinosaurs were not lizards. They may not even have been reptiles, but an intermediary life form between reptiles and birds. Early reptiles split into two lineages... what became mammals and what became dinosaurs/birds.

Dinosaurs grew as large as they did because the oxygen level of Earth's atmosphere was much higher than it is today. Not all dinosaurs have died out, they have evolved into birds. Non-avian (non-birdlike) dinosaurs and a high percentage of other life forms died out after the asteroid/comet hit 65 million years ago.

That Adam, Noah, Methuselah allegedly lived 900+ years is hyperbole for literary effect to point out that they had long lives.

The bones of giant humans are hoaxes.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
All biological organisms never stop growing. All cell division - which must be happening in order for any organism to stay alive - is a growth process.

Then again, if Biblical literalist creationists weren't ignorant of biology, they wouldn't make such nonsensical assertions to begin with.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
All biological organisms never stop growing. All cell division - which must be happening in order for any organism to stay alive - is a growth process.

This is true. I think the human skeleton is completely rebuilt over so many years ("Theseus's Ship"). If not for programmed cell suicide, we'd probably live forever.

Then again, if Biblical literalist creationists weren't ignorant of biology, they wouldn't make such nonsensical assertions to begin with.

They also miss the point of the metaphors and allegories for the higher truths and lessons.

Skwim

Veteran Member
"After accounting for natural variations in ear size and things like earring wearing (earrings tend to lengthen the lobe but don’t change the ear’s overall growth rate), the doctors found that ears grow about .0087 inch a year, or about half an inch over 50 years."
source

Length of average male ear: 63mm (2.5") source

Adam lived 930 years* (.0087" X 930 = 8") 2.5" + 8" = 10.5"(or 4.2X larger)

Early Adam

img_adam50.jpg

Adam 930 years later

img_adamears50.jpg

*Adam's life time from HERE

Last edited:

Amechania

Daimona of the Helpless
Actually I think the earlobe stays the same size. This is a point to ponder for poor Adam, who may have gone from an outie to an innie: From "Your Incredible Shrinking Body" article by Louise Atkinson, "The male and female sexual organs shrink with age. With men this occurs for two reasons.
First, fatty substances (plaques) are deposited inside tiny arteries in the penis, restricting blood flow (just as they impair blood flow to the heart).
This poor circulation leads to ‘atrophy’ of the tissue within the penis — muscle starts to waste away, leading to loss of length and thickness.
Second, there is a gradual build-up of relatively inelastic collagen (scar tissue) within the stretchy, fibrous sheath that makes erections possible.
‘If a man’s erect penis is 6 in long when he is in his 30s, it might be 5 in or 5½ in when he reaches his 60s or 70s,’ says Dr Irwin Goldstein, director of sexual medicine at Alvarado Hospital in San Diego.
‘Starting around the age of 40, the testicles also begin to shrink’ — by up to a centimetre in diameter between the ages of 30 and 60.

Read more: Your incredible shrinking body: From your brain to your heart - almost everything gets smaller as you age | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
As one area of Adam's body was shrinking, his nose was still growing, therefore, he should still be okay, right?
Also, the big bones can't be hoaxes, because why would Christians lie about something like that? Isn't there a commandment about making up stories to try and prove your religion true? I mean now, not before, like when the Christian Bible was being formed. It was okay then.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Also, the big bones can't be hoaxes, because why would Christians lie about something like that? Isn't there a commandment about making up stories to try and prove your religion true?

Christians kill, and there is an explicit commandment against that. So if Christians kill to prove their religion is true (ask any Aztec or Inca... if you can find one), why not lie to prove the religion true?

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
The reptile thing that they never growing was a Christian explanation as to why dinosaurs got so big. It doesn't explain why post-flood dinosaurs would get big. The same Christians tell me that most dinosaurs were the size of sheep. Why didn't they get any bigger? The big bones, if true, should be half human and half something else, supposedly fallen angel. If they have these bones then what does the DNA look like? How did they get the human women pregnant? Since Goliath and other giants lived after the flood, where are they now? Are they still part fallen angel?
Come on Christians, where are you? I listen to Bob Dutko on the radio as he claims to be defending the truth when he talks about dinosaurs living with man. Noah Hutchings had a guy talk about giants on his radio show. Ken Ham and Kent Hovind have TV shows trying to prove that the stories in Genesis are literally true. Come on Christian, do you listen to them? Do you understand and believe them? Can you explain it to me, because I don't believe them.
I know that evolutionists have been accused, and probably do, make up stories and tamper with evidence to try and prove evolution. Are your guys doing the same thing? Come on Christian, there are a lot of souls you could win here if you have a good explanation. If not, you lose by default, your fault. Did Adam have big ears and are big bones a Christian hoax?