• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biden's failing global Covid-19 response

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Apparently it is not about vaccines not being the answer, but using the wrong vaccines.
Ii is not about using the wrong vaccines, it is about using vaccines at the wrong time, in the the middle of a pandemic.
That was his primary message and he explained the dire consequences of doing that, for individuals and the whole world.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
Ii is not about using the wrong vaccines, it is about using vaccines at the wrong time, in the the middle of a pandemic.
That was his primary message and he explained the repercussions of doing that, for individuals and the whole world.
That's not my understanding. When else would you use vaccines, anyway? We had to use vaccines in the middle of a pandemic. The vaccines of whatever type need time to develop.

Read what he said again.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
That's not my understanding. When else would you use vaccines, anyway? We had to use vaccines in the middle of a pandemic. The vaccines of whatever type need time to develop.

Read what he said again.
He compared this pandemic to other pandemics and said that we never did this mass vaccination campaign before, and in the past the pandemic ran its course with our natural immunity fighting it off. The virus did not mutate into more deadly variants because we did not vaccinate in the MIDDLE of the pandemic, allowing the virus to bypass the immune system and thereby mutate. The virus only needs10 days to mutate into another variant and that happens before our immune response is mounted so we are not protected after the 10 days. I guess that is why they administer a second dose but by then the virus has mutated so the vaccine that has antibodies that are specific to the original strain of the virus no longer work that well.

It is kind of complicated and I only saw the videos once so I would have to watch them again to be able to explain it correctly. Also, he said that it is not the antibodies that are most efficient at fighting the virus, it is the natural killer cells. The Covid vaccines suppress our natural antibodies so when a new variant comes around we can no longer fight it off. There was a football team analogy, I hope you saw that in the video.

Natural killer cells (also known as NK cells, K cells, and killer cells) are a type of lymphocyte (a white blood cell) and a component of innate immune system. ... They serve to contain viral infections while the adaptive immune response is generating antigen-specific cytotoxic T cells that can clear the infection.

Natural killer cell - ScienceDaily

F1fan

Veteran Member
I heard rumors that the US is sending more vaccine to other countries, than all other countries combined.
If so it's due to Americans not lining up to get shots, and many vaccines expiring soon. Better to send them somewhere they will be used rather than just expiring and being destroyed.

F1fan

Veteran Member
He compared this pandemic to other pandemics and said that we never did this mass vaccination campaign before, and in the past the pandemic ran its course with our natural immunity fighting it off. The virus did not mutate into more deadly variants because we did not vaccinate in the MIDDLE of the pandemic, allowing the virus to bypass the immune system and thereby mutate. The virus only needs10 days to mutate into another variant and that happens before our immune response is mounted so we are not protected after the 10 days. I guess that is why they administer a second dose but by then the virus has mutated so the vaccine that has antibodies that are specific to the original strain of the virus no longer work that well.

It is kind of complicated and I only saw the videos once so I would have to watch them again to be able to explain it correctly. Also, he said that it is not the antibodies that are most efficient at fighting the virus, it is the natural killer cells. The Covid vaccines suppress our natural antibodies so when a new variant comes around we can no longer fight it off. There was a football team analogy, I hope you saw that in the video.

Natural killer cells (also known as NK cells, K cells, and killer cells) are a type of lymphocyte (a white blood cell) and a component of innate immune system. ... They serve to contain viral infections while the adaptive immune response is generating antigen-specific cytotoxic T cells that can clear the infection.

Natural killer cell - ScienceDaily
Too bad Bahai can't agree on this issue. I thought they had Messengers that sent information about pandemics.

Truthseeker

That was his primary message and he explained the dire consequences of doing that, for individuals and the whole world.
I quote:

As stated, I am not against vaccination. On the contrary, I can assure you that each of the current vaccines have been designed, developed and manufactured by brilliant and competent scientists. However, this type of prophylactic vaccines are completely inappropriate, and even highly dangerous, when used in mass vaccination campaigns during a viral pandemic. Vaccinologists, scientists and clinicians are blinded by the positive short-term effects in individual patients, but don’t seem to bother about the disastrous consequences for global health. Unless I am scientifically proven wrong, it is difficult to understand how current human interventions will prevent circulating variants from turning into a wild monster.

Notice the words "this type of prophylactic vaccines are completely inappropriate, and even highly dangerous, when used in mass vaccination campaigns during a viral pandemic."

Especially the words "this type". I quoted a lot more than earlier from his article, but you failed to see it because you following alerts apparently. I also attached the rest of the article there.

As you can see, I got this information from the article, not the videos. The article is a better source.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Notice the words "this type of prophylactic vaccines are completely inappropriate, and even highly dangerous, when used in mass vaccination campaigns during a viral pandemic."
Didn't you say that Bahia has Messengers that warned about pandemics and had information?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I quote:

As stated, I am not against vaccination. On the contrary, I can assure you that each of the current vaccines have been designed, developed and manufactured by brilliant and competent scientists. However, this type of prophylactic vaccines are completely inappropriate, and even highly dangerous, when used in mass vaccination campaigns during a viral pandemic. Vaccinologists, scientists and clinicians are blinded by the positive short-term effects in individual patients, but don’t seem to bother about the disastrous consequences for global health. Unless I am scientifically proven wrong, it is difficult to understand how current human interventions will prevent circulating variants from turning into a wild monster.

Especially the words "this type". I quoted a lot more than earlier from his article, but you failed to see it because you following alerts apparently. I also attached the rest of the article there.
No, I did not fail to see that. I just interpreted what he said differently than you did.

Having watched the video more than once, I know that his primary message was that using vaccines prophylactically is inappropriate and highly dangerous in mass vaccination campaigns. He did not mean that there is another type of vaccine that should be used instead. If he had meant that he would have said that. In the video he said the Covid-19 vaccines are excellent vaccines, but they are the wrong weapon for fighting the war we are now in, fighting a global pandemic. He never suggested using any vaccines, he thinks that we should rely upon our natural immunity.

Truthseeker

Like I said in my conversation the proper definition of prophylactic is this:

Vaccines can be prophylactic (to prevent or ameliorate the effects of a future infection by a natural or "wild" pathogen), or therapeutic (to fight a disease that has already occurred, such as cancer).
Prophylactically is not not what he said. It's the wrong type of prophylactic vaccine. Do you understand now?

Last edited:

Suave

Simulated character
I have seen a paper that says we are using the wrong vaccines:

Geert Vanden Bossche, DMV, PhD, independent virologist and vaccine expert, formerly employed at GAVI and The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundaton.

To all authorites, scientsts and experts around the world, to whom this concerns: the entre world populaton.

I am all but an antvaxxer. As a scientist I do not usually appeal to any platform of this kind to make a stand on vaccine-related topics. As a dedicated virologist and vaccine expert I only make an exception when health authorities allow vaccines to be administered in ways that threaten public health, most certainly when scientific evidence is being ignored. The present extremely critical situation forces me to spread this emergency call. As the unprecedented extent of human intervention in the Covid-19- pandemic is now at risk of resulting in a global catastrophe without equal, this call cannot sound loudly and strongly enough.

Racing against the clock, I am completing my scientific manuscript, the publication of which is, unfortunately, likely to come too late given the ever increasing threat from rapidly spreading, highly infectious variants. This is why I decided to already post a summary of my findings as well as my keynote speech at the recent Vaccine Summit in Ohio on LinkedIn. Last Monday, I provided international health organizations, including the WHO, with my analysis of the current pandemic as based on scientifically informed insights in the immune biology of Covid-19. Given the level of emergency, I urged them to consider my concerns and to initiate a debate on the detrimental consequences of further ‘viral immune escape’. For those who are no experts in this field, I am attaching below a more accessible and comprehensible version of the science behind this insidious phenomenon.

While there is no time to spare, I have not received any feedback thus far. Experts and politicians have remained silent while obviously still eager to talk about relaxing infection prevention rules and 'springtime freedom'. My statements are based on nothing else but science. They shall only be contradicted by science. While one can barely make any incorrect scientific statements without being criticized by peers, it seems like the elite of scientists who are currently advising our world leaders prefer to stay silent. Sufficient scientific evidence has been brought to the table. Unfortunately, it remains untouched by those who have the power to act. How long can one ignore the problem when there is at present massive evidence that viral immune escape is now threatening humanity? We can hardly say we didn't know - or were not warned.

In this agonizing letter I put all of my reputation and credibility at stake. I expect from you, guardians of mankind, at least the same. It is of utmost urgency. Do open the debate. By all means: turn the tide!

March 6, 2021

I'd like the U.S. to send mRNA based vaccines to Brazil, they are an under vaccinated population and their C.O.V.I.D.-19 death toll is on course to exceed the U.S. C.O.V.I.D.-19 death toll. The Lambda variant remained undetected for many months there because it was frequently mistaken for Gamma—the variant first identified in Brazil and also known as P.1.

SHOT OF HOPE
Pfizer and Moderna vaccines effective against deadly Lambda variant, study shows
Pfizer & Moderna vaccines effective against deadly Lambda variant, study shows

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Like I said in my conversation the proper definition of prophylactic is this:

Vaccines can be prophylactic (to prevent or ameliorate the effects of a future infection by a natural or "wild" pathogen), or therapeutic (to fight a disease that has already occurred, such as cancer).
Prophylactically is not not what he said. It's the wrong type of prophylactic vaccine. Do you understand now?
Why focus on the word prophylactic? He never said that any type of vaccine should be used during this pandemic.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Yes, Sometimes people need something for when they cannot rebut a simple statement of truth.
This might be more fitting. View attachment 54132
:D You can keep it for future. :)
I think you mean "a simple statement of what I believe to be the truth." When you can demonstrate that it is true, you may remove the italicized phrase.

You see, there is a world plurality (about 68.35%) who DO NOT BELIEVE anything like what you do. And you can't demonstrate that they are wrong, either.

Truthseeker

He is advocating a different kind of vaccine. I copied this towards the bottom of Bosshe's article.

If we, human beings, are committed to perpetuating our species, we have no choice left but to eradicate these highly infectious viral variants. This will, indeed, require large vaccination campaigns. However, NK cell-based vaccines will primarily enable our natural immunity to be better prepared (memory!) and to induce herd immunity (which is exactly the opposite of what current Covid-19 vaccines do as those increasingly turn vaccine recipients into asymptomatic carriers who are shedding virus). So, there is not one second left for gears to be switched and to replace the current killer vaccines by life-saving vaccines.

Last edited:

Truthseeker

Don't know if Bosshe has a case for any of this or not. I'm not trained in this stuff. But he is just one voice. This was also said on march 6.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Don't know if Bosshe has a case for any of this or not. I'm not trained in this stuff. But he is just one voice. This was also said on march 6.
Just remember that in His Day Jesus was just one voice and in His Day Baha'u'llah was just one voice.
Also remember logic:
the fallacy of argumentum ad populum

In argumentation theory, an argumentum ad populum (Latin for "appeal to the people") is a fallacious argument that concludes that a proposition is true because many or most people believe it: "If many believe so, it is so."

This type of argument is known by several names,[1] including appeal to the masses, appeal to belief, appeal to the majority, appeal to democracy, appeal to popularity, argument by consensus, consensus fallacy, authority of the many, bandwagon fallacy, voxpopuli,[2] and in Latin as argumentum ad numerum ("appeal to the number"), fickle crowd syndrome, and consensus gentium ("agreement of the clans"). It is also the basis of a number of social phenomena, including communal reinforcement and the bandwagon effect. The Chinese proverb "three men make a tiger" concerns the same idea. Argumentum ad populum - Wikipedia

The converse of this is that if many or most people do not believe it, it cannot be so, and that is fallacious.

Truthseeker

Found new information about Bosshe, and I believe it's credible.

Geert Vanden Bossche is wrong

He just thinks that our COVID-19 vaccines, as good as they are, will lead to a global disaster, as they promote the creation and spread of highly infectious variants.

“When one follows the science,and nothing but the science, it becomes extremely difficult to not label ongoing mass vaccination campaigns as a crime, not only to public health but also to individual health.”

Immediate cancellation of all ongoing Covid-19 mass vaccination campaigns should now become THE most acute health emergency of international concern.
He also seems to be against lockdowns.

And thinks he has a better solution!

“Last, a section will be dedicated to the scientific rationale for using NK cell-based vaccines that could provide sterilizing immunity and hence, wipe out Covid-19 and related variants all together.”

Immediate cancellation of all ongoing Covid-19 mass vaccination campaigns should now become THE most acute health emergency of international concern.
Is he right?

“Vanden Bossche received his DVM from the University of Ghent, Belgium, and his PhD degree in Virology from the University of Hohenheim, Germany. He held adjunct faculty appointments at universities in Belgium and Germany. After his career in Academia, Geert joined several vaccine companies (GSK Biologicals, Novartis Vaccines, Solvay Biologicals) to serve various roles in vaccine R&D as well as in late vaccine development. Geert then moved on to join the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation’s GH Discovery team as SPO and later on to work with GAVI as Senior Ebola Program Manager; he subsequently joined the German Center for Infection Research as Head of the Vaccine Development Office. Geert is now primarily serving as a Biotech/ Vaccine consultant while also conducting his own research on NK cell-based vaccines. His work is driven by a relentless passion to translate scientific breakthrough findings into competitive vaccine products. As a creative thinker, innovator, entrepreneur and visionary, Geert has been invited to speak at multiple international congresses.”

Why don’t our vaccines reach the high-hanging fruit?
Is he developing an NK cell-based COVID-19 vaccine?

Should we stop vaccinating people in the middle of a pandemic that has already killed over 500,000 people in the United States alone on the word of someone who is board certified in Veterinary Virology, Microbiology and Animal Hygiene and hasn’t published a research paper since 1995?

“I founded Univac as inventor of a new vaccine technology which I subsequently further developed as CSO of the Company. The technology enables the development of universal vaccines educating the host immune system to redirect immune targeting away from canonical antigens to a widely divergent spectrum of vitally vulnerable pathogen-derived ‘self-mimicking’ antigens, irrespective of MHC polymorphism. Although ‘non-self’ and exposed on the surface of infected or pathologically altered cells, these antigens are not effectively recognised upon natural infection or disease.

This new type of vaccines harnesses the power of the immune system by unlocking the untapped potential of self-centered Natural Killer (NK) cells capable of recognising these unconventional antigens.”

Geert Vanden Bossche, DVM, PhD LinkedIn Profile
Never published any research about vaccines, even though he supposedly invented a new type of universal vaccines based on NK cells…

Perhaps the same NK cell-based vaccines that he proposes should replace the COVID-19 vaccines we are using today? Does he have a patent on one of these vaccines or something???

Geert Vanden Bossche has a lot to say.

“Vaccine deployment in the ongoing mass immunization campaigns are highly likely to further enhance (adaptive) immune escape as none of the current vaccines will prevent replication/ transmission of viral variants.”

Geert Vanden Bossche, DVM, PhD
But don’t let him scare you away from wearing a mask, practicing social distancing, or getting vaccinated and protected.

geert-vanden-bossche-wrong.png

Angela Rasmussen is a virologist who has published dozens of papers about viruses and vaccination, including articles about SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19.
His concerns have been described as baseless. (Note by me. Look up Rasmussen. She looks to be legit.)

“I’ve alerted all responsible health and regulatory authorities, including WHO, CDC, FDA etc. and have asked to consider my concern and to immediately open the discussion about the disastrous consequences any further immune escape of Covid-19 would have.

I know, of course, that current mass vaccination campaigns enjoy vigorous and world-wide support from a multitude of different parties/ stakeholders. However, unless I am proven wrong, this cannot be an excuse for ignoring that mankind may currently be transforming a quite harmless virus into an uncontrollable monster. I’ve never been that serious about a statement I made.”

And it should be quite obvious to everyone that SARS-CoV-2 is much more dangerous than the “quite harmless virus” that Geert Vanden Bossche describes.

Plus, we already know that many of our vaccines do work against many of the new variants, although they are less effective against some new variants, and it is clear that experts are certainly not ignoring this issue.

“Understanding these dynamics helps to comprehend the sophisticated course of a natural CoV pandemic, how it eventually merges into an endemic infection and why human intervention has a highly detrimental impact on the refined interplay between the virus and its host.”

Most importantly, we know the consequences if we listened to him and stopped the COVID-19 vaccination campaigns – millions more people would die, although Vanden Bossche is much more worried about continuing our plans to get everyone vaccinated.

“I am beyond worried about the disastrous impact this would have on our human ‘race’.”

The answer, if immune evasion does become a bigger problem, is the development of next generation COVID-19 vaccines, not letting everyone get COVID-19.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Found new information about Bosshe, and I believe it's credible.

Geert Vanden Bossche is wrong

He just thinks that our COVID-19 vaccines, as good as they are, will lead to a global disaster, as they promote the creation and spread of highly infectious variants.

“When one follows the science,and nothing but the science, it becomes extremely difficult to not label ongoing mass vaccination campaigns as a crime, not only to public health but also to individual health.”

He also seems to be against lockdowns.

And thinks he has a better solution!

“Last, a section will be dedicated to the scientific rationale for using NK cell-based vaccines that could provide sterilizing immunity and hence, wipe out Covid-19 and related variants all together.”

Is he right?

“Vanden Bossche received his DVM from the University of Ghent, Belgium, and his PhD degree in Virology from the University of Hohenheim, Germany. He held adjunct faculty appointments at universities in Belgium and Germany. After his career in Academia, Geert joined several vaccine companies (GSK Biologicals, Novartis Vaccines, Solvay Biologicals) to serve various roles in vaccine R&D as well as in late vaccine development. Geert then moved on to join the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation’s GH Discovery team as SPO and later on to work with GAVI as Senior Ebola Program Manager; he subsequently joined the German Center for Infection Research as Head of the Vaccine Development Office. Geert is now primarily serving as a Biotech/ Vaccine consultant while also conducting his own research on NK cell-based vaccines. His work is driven by a relentless passion to translate scientific breakthrough findings into competitive vaccine products. As a creative thinker, innovator, entrepreneur and visionary, Geert has been invited to speak at multiple international congresses.”

Why don’t our vaccines reach the high-hanging fruit?
Is he developing an NK cell-based COVID-19 vaccine?

Should we stop vaccinating people in the middle of a pandemic that has already killed over 500,000 people in the United States alone on the word of someone who is board certified in Veterinary Virology, Microbiology and Animal Hygiene and hasn’t published a research paper since 1995?

“I founded Univac as inventor of a new vaccine technology which I subsequently further developed as CSO of the Company. The technology enables the development of universal vaccines educating the host immune system to redirect immune targeting away from canonical antigens to a widely divergent spectrum of vitally vulnerable pathogen-derived ‘self-mimicking’ antigens, irrespective of MHC polymorphism. Although ‘non-self’ and exposed on the surface of infected or pathologically altered cells, these antigens are not effectively recognised upon natural infection or disease.

This new type of vaccines harnesses the power of the immune system by unlocking the untapped potential of self-centered Natural Killer (NK) cells capable of recognising these unconventional antigens.”

Geert Vanden Bossche, DVM, PhD LinkedIn Profile
Never published any research about vaccines, even though he supposedly invented a new type of universal vaccines based on NK cells…

Perhaps the same NK cell-based vaccines that he proposes should replace the COVID-19 vaccines we are using today? Does he have a patent on one of these vaccines or something???

Geert Vanden Bossche has a lot to say.

“Vaccine deployment in the ongoing mass immunization campaigns are highly likely to further enhance (adaptive) immune escape as none of the current vaccines will prevent replication/ transmission of viral variants.”

But don’t let him scare you away from wearing a mask, practicing social distancing, or getting vaccinated and protected.

geert-vanden-bossche-wrong.png

Angela Rasmussen is a virologist who has published dozens of papers about viruses and vaccination, including articles about SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19.
His concerns have been described as baseless. (Note by me. Look up Rasmussen. She looks to be legit.)

“I’ve alerted all responsible health and regulatory authorities, including WHO, CDC, FDA etc. and have asked to consider my concern and to immediately open the discussion about the disastrous consequences any further immune escape of Covid-19 would have.

I know, of course, that current mass vaccination campaigns enjoy vigorous and world-wide support from a multitude of different parties/ stakeholders. However, unless I am proven wrong, this cannot be an excuse for ignoring that mankind may currently be transforming a quite harmless virus into an uncontrollable monster. I’ve never been that serious about a statement I made.”

And it should be quite obvious to everyone that SARS-CoV-2 is much more dangerous than the “quite harmless virus” that Geert Vanden Bossche describes.

Plus, we already know that many of our vaccines do work against many of the new variants, although they are less effective against some new variants, and it is clear that experts are certainly not ignoring this issue.

“Understanding these dynamics helps to comprehend the sophisticated course of a natural CoV pandemic, how it eventually merges into an endemic infection and why human intervention has a highly detrimental impact on the refined interplay between the virus and its host.”

Most importantly, we know the consequences if we listened to him and stopped the COVID-19 vaccination campaigns – millions more people would die, although Vanden Bossche is much more worried about continuing our plans to get everyone vaccinated.

“I am beyond worried about the disastrous impact this would have on our human ‘race’.”

The answer, if immune evasion does become a bigger problem, is the development of next generation COVID-19 vaccines, not letting everyone get COVID-19.
Everyone has an opinion, and they all believe they know the truth. I find this kind of arrogance rather sad. :(

All I can say is "I don't know, because I am not a scientist."

Truthseeker

A good point there.

Another good point. From the article you sent me Bosshe said:

From all of the above, it’s becoming increasingly difficult to imagine how the consequences of the extensive and erroneous human intervention in this pandemic are not going to wipe out large parts of our human population. One could only think of very few other strategies to achieve the same level of efficiency in turning a relatively harmless virus into a bioweapon of mass destruction.

This critique of Bosshe is not being deceptive I don't think. The statements cited are a little different, but seem to be saying basically the same thing. There are apparently from different statements Bosshe made.

I believe this campaign of Bosshe is part of disinformation being spread on the internet. I like to think people are sincere, but this doesn't look good. I don't know why he is doing this.