• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biden could actually win

tytlyf

Not Religious
I guess North Korea may be a nice place for Trump this time of the year :confused:
He's still trying for a Trump Tower Pyongyang. But he doesn't have the money for it.
RW media is now pushing for Trump to run in 2024. They fail to realize Trump may be in jail.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
He's still trying for a Trump Tower Pyongyang. But he doesn't have the money for it.
RW media is now pushing for Trump to run in 2024. They fail to realize Trump may be in jail.
A seriously asked question: if Trump do have to spend time in jail, will he be allowed to run for presidency again? What is those rules?

tytlyf

Not Religious
A seriously asked question: if Trump do have to spend time in jail, will he be allowed to run for presidency again? What is those rules?
There is no disqualification for a criminal record. My point was that there's a good chance Trump will be sitting in a prison cell when 2024 comes around.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
You can't run if convicted of a felony, I have been told.

suncowiam

Stick to issues, & be civil....we can talk.
But be abusive...I will spank.

As for "false equivalence"....
I tire of that empty chant every time liberals are criticized
for sharing faults with the right. It's naught but deflection.
In this case, Biden's racism has been more overt, &
more damaging (eg, the 94 Crime Bill).
Feel free to disagree, but honor the spirit of RF, & don't
make it personal.

Whatever your claims of the left should not be applied to me as I have been willing to discuss the failings of the left, specifically of Biden.

I do not know how to objectively measure what you claim, but I believe there is merit to that Biden could have done more damage. But another context to this, is what legislation was done in the 80s was not solely on Biden. The sound bites might make this appear to be so, but it was for the most part done by congress of that time. So yes, Biden played a role and PROBABLY a major role but I don't believe we can place all the blame on him. It's not like he was the president with more power then a senator.

So again, I will assert that the present Trump being the president, being one branch of government of the most powerful country, basically being the most powerful person of the US if not the world, has done more harm in the past four years than Biden has done being a senator in the 70s/80s.

Tambourine

If and when Trump loses, and it now seems likely.
There is going to be some serious revenge taking.
There must be a queue a mile long of people with scores to settle.
He will be busy in court for years.
with so many eyes and ears on the watch. even the slightest thing will be brought to the worlds attention.

Even if he scrapes back in, the pent up frustration against him will be fit to bust.
After all, we know that if a known criminal is arrested, it will be out of revenge, and not about the crimes they did.

Tambourine

[...] I tire of that empty chant every time liberals are criticized
for sharing faults with the right. It's naught but deflection.
In this case, Biden's racism has been more overt, &
more damaging (eg, the 94 Crime Bill). [...]
He's no Barry Goldwater, that's for sure.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Whatever your claims of the left should not be applied to me as I have been willing to discuss the failings of the left, specifically of Biden.

I do not know how to objectively measure what you claim, but I believe there is merit to that Biden could have done more damage. But another context to this, is what legislation was done in the 80s was not solely on Biden. The sound bites might make this appear to be so, but it was for the most part done by congress of that time. So yes, Biden played a role and PROBABLY a major role but I don't believe we can place all the blame on him. It's not like he was the president with more power then a senator.

So again, I will assert that the present Trump being the president, being one branch of government of the most powerful country, basically being the most powerful person of the US if not the world, has done more harm in the past four years than Biden has done being a senator in the 70s/80s.
I'm not using any sound bites.
Are you?
The controversial 1994 crime law that Joe Biden helped write, explained
Fact check: Biden again dishonestly suggests he opposed the Iraq War from the beginning - CNNPolitics
Joe Biden worried in 1977 that certain de-segregation policies would cause his children to grow up 'in a racial jungle'

suncowiam

We've already agreed that Biden is not perfect, has done harm, and so on...

Again, I'm not disputing your claims of Biden. The original topic is how can the left support Biden given his record and my assertion is that because it is in relationship to Trump. The whole topic wouldn't exist if Biden wasn't the challenger to the incumbent. If it was another challenger, we wouldn't be discussing Biden at all.

So let's continue to keep focus on this relationship and further discussions should revolve around the comparison of Trump.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Again, I'm not disputing your claims of Biden. The original topic is how can the left support Biden given his record and my assertion is that because it is in relationship to Trump. The whole topic wouldn't exist if Biden wasn't the challenger to the incumbent. If it was another challenger, we wouldn't be discussing Biden at all.

So let's continue to keep focus on this relationship and further discussions should revolve around the comparison of Trump.
In politics one is almost always choosing the lesser of two evils. And I agree, when it comes to harm generated and the ability to harm even more, it is clear that Biden is the better choice.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The time to consider Biden's history in order to evaluate his
propensities, & compare them with Trump's was before the election.
At this point, it's of practical value only to those doing a post
mortem of their own evaluations.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
not the same Lyndon!
LOL!! I did not even notice the same names!

Anyway, Lyndon LaRouche constantly ran for election. Even after his conviction and he was regularly on the ballot. I used to run into Rouchies every election season at the post office. Why they adopted that territory is beyond me since I never spoke with them.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
After all, we know that if a known criminal is arrested, it will be out of revenge, and not about the crimes they did.

There will likely be far more civil actions against him, after a few losses he will find it hard to get the top lawyers to take him on. With mounting legal costs he would not be able to afford them either. By the time the states and fedral judicial system gets around to him he will already be on a downward spiral.

As has been mentioned a long foreign trip might be advisable. Even if somewhat more dangerous, as he would have no secret service protection.