• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biden Concerned About White Phosphorus Israel Used. USA Supplied It.

Orbit

I'm a planet
Sure.

It is false that there are valid views on what constitutes genocide coming from scholars in the field on which Israel is casting aspersions.

The implication that there are scholars "in the field" accusing Israel's actions as genocide is also false. The reason I'm saying that is based on a previous thread where you tried to show this as a fact, but your supporting link was not an accusation of what Israel had done, but was instead a concern about what Israel MIGHT do.

You didn't read your own source. It's probably because the link to the letter of concern came from social media. Social media put a headline on it which was false, you believed the headline, but didn't read the content. That's typical for those who are being manipulated by social media.
And I disagree with you. There we have it. What is point of continuing?

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It's My Birthday!

You disagree that the source you posted was a concern letter from academics, not an accusation?

I'll go check.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It's My Birthday!

Found it. Heres the post. #183 in another thread. This is the source for your claims about the scholars in the field. Notice it's a letter of concern. - LINK

The simple truth is, you've made an accusation about Israel that it is "casting aspersion", but you cannot back it up when challenged.

I wrote a detailed post showing you, very clearly how your judgements, your conclusions are in the majority false.

Criticising the ICC means nothing. A respected global college of law criticises it.
Criticising the UN is justified. They very recently exposed their anti-israel prejudice.
Believing anyone claiming to be advocating "human rights" is stupid. They are claiming it's a war crime to drop smoke from the air, but it's NOT.

You have the evidence right in front of you. Your conclusions are nothing but social media distortion. I brought you beaucoup evidence in the very first reply how twitter is a primary source for propaganda. You are NOT immune to this. You are clearly affected by it, you admitted it.

I will not, and should not, stop pushing back against the propaganda you and others are pushing here.

Israel's action cannot be genocide. They warned the Gazans, and 1.8 million fled. It cannot be genocide. The only reason to keep repeating the lie, is if an individual desires to promote lies.

Is that you? Are you a propagandist?

Last edited:

Bthoth

*banned*
Oh? What sources are those? The ones I've used here are Cornell University and the Weapons Law Encyclopedia. I also used the the source brought in the OP. In the Link they provided, their own source, it shows that white-phosphorous in use at that time is NOT a war crime, by defintion. There's a picture in their article.
But it's wrong now and then, period!
So, which sources am I using which are convenient for Israel?

YOU, defending the actions are convenient for israel. Bottom line, them munitions used in 2009 were illegal. The 2023 items would be even worse but I am not concerned with them as much because I already know that the illegal occupation and concentration camp that israel made of GAZA are atrocities all by themselves.

There was one video I posted in another thread to try to start a fact-based discussion about the actual experiences of actual Palestinian-Israelis. It could have been biased, but, the conversation needs to start somewhere, and, I brought something real. It wasn't the typical rumors. It was first hand information directly from those who are effected.
Sure, the illegal occupation is wrong and should be stopped immediately.

The UN has been shown to be a poor source for information.
Since they are so poorly informed perhaps the UN RES 181 should be refuted and the creation of israel undone?
Again, there are ways for discerning a good source of information and a bad source for information. You do not seem to be using these standards or, any standards.
The standard is clear, using phosphorus munitions over civilians is wrong.............. period. Just as 10/7 was an atrocity, that should never have occurred.

Sad part is, if israel is not to be held accountable, then the nasty will continue to seek justice!
About a month ago there was a Palestinian hospital which was hit by a rocket, the Al-Ahi hospital. The UN immediately blamed Israel.
NO an investigation was pursued. Within 24 hours the images alone proved it was not one of the israeli weapons, as there was barely a hole the size of a bath tub in the rotunda. Not even one building of the hospital was hit. Just a bunch of broken windows. What you just wrote was an embellishment, the UN assembly was not even available to vote to blame israel. Unless you have a written resolution, you have nothing to hold against the UN.

Do you remember it? They were wrong.
Again, the UN did not write a word (resolution) on the matter against israel for that
They assume that the attacks on Gaza are indiscriminate.
They are, buildings are being leveled, the whole infrastructure of the strip has been trashed
Please ask yourself, "How does one show that military targets are indiscriminate?"
After you give evidence of weapons and military targets for each and every bomb that israel has rained upon GAZA.
Then please ask yourself, "Why did they believe the hospital was hit by an Israeli rocket so soon after it happened?"
Because the media made the claim and the videos showed a fire in the rotunda and israel is constantly bombing the city. That is why I believed it too. It was not the UN that published the event before media and video footage. Just like the phosphorus munitions over gaza in 2009. They did occur and israel was in fact sending shells into the strip.
These UN diplomats have no facts, but they immediately condemn Israel. That's how to tell they are prejudiced against Israel - LINK
The illegal occupation is reason to condemn israel. I am American and agree on that all by myself. Do you agree, that israel is breaking the law of civility by taking lands that are no israel?
Based on this recent example, there is NO REASON to trust the opinion of the UN when it comes to Israel.
Based on the last half century of oppression, land grab, illegal occupation and the terrorism that attacked british interests in the 1940's, israel should have been condemned by the USA decades ago. How could any honest soul, side with israel and still sleep at night?
The sources are there. These are not pro-Israel sources. I used the AP, and the UN's website. But you would need to actually read these sources and apply some thought to it. Read the statements from the UN, and ask yourself, "If all of these members were wrong about the Al-Ahi hospital, why should they be trusted in the future?" This is only the most recent example.

I know, you and I were chatting about the hospital incident almost immediately after the event, the UN did not write any resolution against israel over the event but you make it sound like the whole UN assembly was against israel. But there are many many UN resolutions condemning israel for illegal occupation. Why are you not mad at israel for breaking the conditions of their own creation?

Bthoth

*banned*
You would need to accuratley describe the methods in order for me to answer.
Airplane dropping bombs on civilian locations,
"18 members of one family were killed in Israeli air attacks in the southern city of Rafah, in a neighbourhood where Israeli forces had told people to go to avoid their assault elsewhere in south" Gaza.6 days ago

Can you prove there was an actual military target?

Accurately? Artillery using phosphorus munitions.......

cnn.com
https://www.cnn.com › israel.white.phosphorus.gaza

Mar 25, 2009 — JERUSALEM (CNN) -- The Israeli military's firing of white phosphorus shells over densely populated areas during the Gaza offensive......
Do you approve of law enforcement use of pepper spray?
Not a part of the topic.... just another strawman tangent.

Do you think messiah or god of Israel will approve?

Should we look it up, to see what the 'son of man' put into writing?

Orbit

I'm a planet
Found it. Heres the post. #183 in another thread. This is the source for your claims about the scholars in the field. Notice it's a letter of concern. - LINK

The simple truth is, you've made an accusation about Israel that it is "casting aspersion", but you cannot back it up when challenged.

I wrote a detailed post showing you, very clearly how your judgements, your conclusions are in the majority false.

Criticising the ICC means nothing. A respected global college of law criticises it.
Criticising the UN is justified. They very recently exposed their anti-israel prejudice.
Believing anyone claiming to be advocating "human rights" is stupid. They are claiming it's a war crime to drop smoke from the air, but it's NOT.

You have the evidence right in front of you. Your conclusions are nothing but social media distortion. I brought you beaucoup evidence in the very first reply how twitter is a primary source for propaganda. You are NOT immune to this. You are clearly affected by it, you admitted it.

I will not, and should not, stop pushing back against the propaganda you and others are pushing here.

Israel's action cannot be genocide. They warned the Gazans, and 1.8 million fled. It cannot be genocide. The only reason to keep repeating the lie, is if an individual desires to promote lies.

Is that you? Are you a propagandist?

I joined RF in 2014. You are the first person I have ever put on ignore in all that time. Rant all you want, I won't see it.

3. Trolling and Bullying
Where Rule 1 covers personal attacks, Rule 3 governs other behaviors and content that can generally be described as being a jerk. Unacceptable behaviors and content include:

1) Content (whether words or images) that most people would find needlessly offensive, especially when such content is posted just to get a rise out of somebody and/or is not part of a reasoned argument.

2) Defamation, slander, or misrepresentation of a member's beliefs/arguments, or that of a particular group, culture, or religion. This includes altering the words of another member to change their meaning when using the quote feature.

3) Antagonism, bullying, or harassment - including but not limited to personal attacks, slander, and misrepresentation - of a member across multiple content areas of the forums. Repeatedly targeting or harassing members of particular groups will also be considered bullying.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It's My Birthday!
Rant all you want, I won't see it.

It's not ranting. I have shown you the errors in your methods, the false information you are posting and why it is false.

I understand it shatters a bit of your worldview that the sources you trust on social media are leading you astray. And since you cannot support the propaganda you're pushing, it makes sense to put me on ignore to avoid the simple truth.

You're wrong. The sources you use are wrong. And you don't seem to be able to filter out false information from the media you consume.

Last edited:

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It's My Birthday!
them munitions used in 2009 were illegal

Nope. They weren't. The pictures of "them" weapons were fired from the air and provided smoke-cover. They're not illegal.

I ignored the rest of what you wrote. All that matters is the topic of the thread. The white-phosphorous when used in the manner it was in Lebannon and in Gaza is legal. You can deny it all you want. But that is only because you are denying the law.

There's pictures of what happened. The pictures prove it was not illegal. That explains why 15 years have passed and there is not any repercussions except for false allegations and propaganda coming from the ignorant and the corrupt.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It's My Birthday!
How could any honest soul, side with israel and still sleep at night?

It's easy. Look at the facts. The facts show that all you have are slogans.

Based on the last half century of oppression

Slogan

, land grab

slogan

, illegal occupation

slogan

and the terrorism

slogan

that attacked british interests in the 1940's

1 event, not a history of events

, israel should have been condemned by the USA decades ago

Nope. There are wiser people than you in charge.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It's My Birthday!
Can you prove there was an actual military target?

I don't need to. You can't prove it wasn't a military target. The burden is on the one making the accusation. Innocent till proven guilty.

From your link: It was fired from the air.

Screenshot_20231213_161356.jpg

Airplane dropping bombs on civilian locations,

No link? You don't know it was a civilian location.

Found it. What a dishonest post. You're afraid to post the source because you know it's biased. Or... let me guess. You got it from twitter.

What happens when someone clicks on the link? There's 1 sentence. No details. No evidence. Just a video from thee al-jazeera "news" deptartment. The same ones that claimed the Al-Ahi hospital was attacked by Israel, but, the evidence proved them wrong.

I watcheed the video. It's 2 minutes of propaganda. You can tell because of the music they choose to enhance the emotional content. We don't know any details about why the area was hit. We don't even actually know where any of it happened. It's not credible at all. Yes, people do get hurt and killed unintentionally in a warzone.

There is no reason to imagine Israel intended to attack civilians based on this "story" and based on the propaganda film.

An accusation? I don't care about accusations. I care about facts.
Israel accused of indiscriminate phosphorus use in Gaza

Ohchr? Who are they? What are their credentials? The D.Y.B.M.H. asserts it's probably baloney because you cannot vet sources or sort out propaganda from news.
https://www.ohchr.org/en/press-rele...i-occupation-unlawful-under-international-law

You repeat posted the same article here.
https://www.ohchr.org/en/press-rele...i-occupation-unlawful-under-international-law

Who's Fred Abrahams?

Which commission?

You're repat posting the same thing multiple times. You do realize that?
Oct 20, 2022 — Commission of Inquiry finds that the Israeli occupation is unlawful under international law ... Israel's continued refusal to end its occupation ..

The commission? Which commision? What authority do they have? What evidence do they have?

Bthoth

*banned*
Nope. They weren't. The pictures of "them" weapons were fired from the air and provided smoke-cover. They're not illegal.
IDF did not go into lebannon to fight on the ground.
I ignored the rest of what you wrote.
That's normal.
All that matters is the topic of the thread. The white-phosphorous when used in the manner it was in Lebannon and in Gaza is legal.
IDF only went into gaza after almost a month. and in 2009, it was not for smoke. To high in the air, the civilians were the target
You can deny it all you want. But that is only because you are denying the law.
International law states, that illegal occupation is wrong.
There's pictures of what happened.
I know and why I posted them. You're focused on the 2023 incident. I was sickened by the 2009 atrocity as i have been far more aware of the war crimes over far longer than you have.
The pictures prove it was not illegal.
Quite the opposite.
That explains why 15 years have passed and there is not any repercussions except for false allegations and propaganda coming from the ignorant and the corrupt.
Yep the corrupt do not accept the evidence, just what they can pay lawyers to claim.

Bthoth

*banned*
I don't need to. You can't prove it wasn't a military target. The burden is on the one making the accusation. Innocent till proven guilty.
The burden of proof is that the target was military. Just as destroying gaza displacing millions for a few rogue HAMAS.

The burden is on the illegal occupiers that made the claim.
From your link: It was fired from the air.

View attachment 85642
Not enough smoke to hide anything. It's the burning of the falling phosphorus that is why it was used, not the smoke
No link? You don't know it was a civilian location.
The whole strip is primarily civilian and many of the videos are no longer available. You're just now learning of the 2009 event. I watched over a decade ago.
What happens when someone clicks on the link? There's 1 sentence. No details. No evidence. Just a video from thee al-jazeera "news" deptartment. The same ones that claimed the Al-Ahi hospital was attacked by Israel, but, the evidence proved them wrong.

Again, you dance and point to other events but not the issue.
I watcheed the video. It's 2 minutes of propaganda.
Must be a HAMAS studio creating the propaganda right?
You can tell because of the music they choose to enhance the emotional content.
Now you want to point at music?
We don't know any details about why the area was hit. We don't even actually know where any of it happened. It's not credible at all. Yes, people do get hurt and killed unintentionally in a warzone.
Gaza is an israeli concentration camp. The whole strip is a fenced in prison.
There is no reason to imagine Israel intended to attack civilians based on this "story" and based on the propaganda film.
Just like all last month and the 1.2 million displaced to the south, then bombing the south.
An accusation? I don't care about accusations. I care about facts.

Facts have long been made, illegal occupation is wrong.
Ohchr? Who are they? What are their credentials? The D.Y.B.M.H. asserts it's probably baloney because you cannot vet sources or sort out propaganda from news.
No matter the group, you do not like any that express israel as wrong.

How about Jews?

Do you discount them for being against israel too?
Sorry, the consistency is clear; israel's illegal occupation is against the law.
Who's Fred Abrahams?
You look it up.

Many of them and from all over the world.

But why ask, it's basic common sense, that the illegal occupation is wrong.
You're repat posting the same thing multiple times. You do realize that?
You keep repeating it. Did you read any and do the homework or just copy and paste?
The commission? Which commision? What authority do they have? What evidence do they have?
Same repeat. It's redundant.

Try a new one.

Bthoth

*banned*
It's easy. Look at the facts. The facts show that all you have are slogans.

Slogan

slogan

slogan

slogan

1 event, not a history of events

Nope. There are wiser people than you in charge.

OK use legal documentation

Adopted by the Security Council at its 7853rd meeting, on 23 December 2016 The Security Council, Reaffirming its relevant resolutions, including resolutions 242 (1967), 338 (1973), 446 (1979), 452 (1979), 465 (1980), 476 (1980), 478 (1980), 1397 (2002), 1515 (2003), and 1850 (2008), Guided by the purposes and principles of the Charter of the United Nations, and reaffirming, inter alia, the inadmissibility of the acquisition of territory by force, Reaffirming the obligation of Israel, the occupying Power, to abide scrupulously by its legal obligations and responsibilities under the Fourth Geneva Convention relative to the Protection of Civilian Persons in Time of War, of 12 August 1949, and recalling the advisory opinion rendered on 9 July 2004 by the International Court of Justice, Condemning all measures aimed at altering the demographic composition, character and status of the Palestinian Territory occupied since 1967, including East Jerusalem, including, inter alia, the construction and expansion of settlements, transfer of Israeli settlers, confiscation of land, demolition of homes and displacement of Palestinian civilians, in violation of international humanitarian law and relevant resolutions, Expressing grave concern that continuing Israeli settlement activities are dangerously imperilling the viability of the two-State solution based on the 1967 lines,

When you read each of them, then try to address the slogans with legal terminology.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It's My Birthday!
The burden of proof is that the target was military.

are you asking about 2009 in gaza?

Not enough smoke to hide anything. It's the burning of the falling phosphorus that is why it was used, not the smoke

You don't know that. You weren't there. You have no actual data to share.

The whole strip is primarily civilian and many of the videos are no longer available. You're just now learning of the 2009 event. I watched over a decade ago.

Well, your recollection and judgement is not evidence of anything.

Must be a HAMAS studio creating the propaganda right?

it's clearly propaganda. there are no substantiated facts. it's an emotional plea. and there's nothing that indicates the civilians were the target.

inB4: there are reports, I'm not sure if they are true, that Hamas is going to these civilian ocations where the gazanshave been told to flee and launching their attacks from their. It's a smart strategy. This is a plausible reason why air strikes are targetting civilan areas. Maybe the idf will release the videos which show the rockets being fired from these civilian locations. But, I don't know. it really doesn't matter when conversing with people who make up their own facts.

Sorry, the consistency is clear

that you consistently exaggerate, post false information, and ignore anything which does not agree with your rubbish?

Yes. it's clear. I'm done conversing with you. Feel free to continue to on your mission. Let's chat again in 5 years. Israel will still be there. Israel will still make the difficult but necessary choices in spite of anything you have to say about it.

You look it up.

I did. He's from the organization which posted the false information about Gaza 2009.

Many of them and from all over the world.

I looked this up too. The OHrhc, is just a bunch of UN politicians. I already brought recent evidence where it was shown the UN is not a fact based group. They're politicians. LOLz, dude. If that's your game, I trust the politicians without checking the facts, then, well...

That explains ... well... all the false excrement you've been slinging.

Bye dude. Keep preaching to choir. You're not convincing anyone.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It's My Birthday!
When you read each of them, then try to address the slogans with legal terminology.

What in the world are you talking about? This thread is about white-phosphorous.

Adopted by the Security Council at its 7853rd meeting, on 23 December 2016 The Security Council, Reaffirming its relevant resolutions, including resolutions 242 (1967), 338 (1973), 446 (1979), 452 (1979), 465 (1980), 476 (1980), 478 (1980), 1397 (2002), 1515 (2003), and 1850 (2008), Guided by the purposes and principles of the Charter of the United Nations, and reaffirming, inter alia, the inadmissibility of the acquisition of territory by force, Reaffirming the obligation of Israel, the occupying Power, to abide scrupulously by its legal obligations and responsibilities under the Fourth Geneva Convention relative to the Protection of Civilian Persons in Time of War, of 12 August 1949, and recalling the advisory opinion rendered on 9 July 2004 by the International Court of Justice, Condemning all measures aimed at altering the demographic composition, character and status of the Palestinian Territory occupied since 1967, including East Jerusalem, including, inter alia, the construction and expansion of settlements, transfer of Israeli settlers, confiscation of land, demolition of homes and displacement of Palestinian civilians, in violation of international humanitarian law and relevant resolutions, Expressing grave concern that continuing Israeli settlement activities are dangerously imperilling the viability of the two-State solution based on the 1967 lines,

This has nothing to do with white phosphoroous. Changing the subject concedes the point.

Al the evidence indicates it was not a war crime to use white--phosphorous for smoke when fired foorm the air. It is not an incendiary device. White-phosphoroous as an incendiary device is a war crime. White phosphorous fired from the air for smoke is not a war crime.

It doesn't matter whether you think it was used effectively as smoke. The pictures are in your own sources. It's fired from the air. There's smoke falling and collecting on the ground below the planes.

It's this simple fact that discredits the human rights groups and politicians which you choose it believe. And, in turn, it's these simple facts which discredit you as a reliable soource of information and a reliable judge of what is or is not a relaible source.

Bthoth

*banned*
The war crimes are recorded but there are folk that do not condemn the state of israel for using such weapons.