• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biden Concerned About White Phosphorus Israel Used. USA Supplied It.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Excerpted....
DHEIRA, Lebanon — Israel used U.S.-supplied white phosphorus munitions in an October attack in southern Lebanon that injured at least nine civilians in what a rights group says should be investigated as a war crime, according to a Washington Post analysis of shell fragments found in a small village.

Bthoth

*banned*
Excerpted....
DHEIRA, Lebanon — Israel used U.S.-supplied white phosphorus munitions in an October attack in southern Lebanon that injured at least nine civilians in what a rights group says should be investigated as a war crime, according to a Washington Post analysis of shell fragments found in a small village.
Israel used them munitions on gaza in 2009 and one of the war crimes that are clearly inhumane.

Yes.. the use, should be found as a war crime.

Orbit

I'm a planet
Excerpted....
There are all kinds of shenanigans going on, I just grow weary of posting them, and the news cycle seems to have moved on, no longer concerned with the daily slaughter. Twitter is especially depressing, with the IDF posting videos of themselves gleefully doing reprehensible things in Gaza, juxtaposed with images of Palestinian families looking for their loved ones under the rubble. More doctors shot, hospitals decimated, 75 journalists killed now. And the hostages? I agree with their families that Israel seems to have written them off. But onward with the propaganda war in the U.S.!

Jesus.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
There are all kinds of shenanigans going on, I just grow weary of posting them, and the news cycle seems to have moved on, no longer concerned with the daily slaughter. Twitter is especially depressing, with the IDF posting videos of themselves gleefully doing reprehensible things in Gaza, juxtaposed with images of Palestinian families looking for their loved ones under the rubble. More doctors shot, hospitals decimated, 75 journalists killed now. And the hostages? I agree with their families that Israel seems to have written them off. But onward with the propaganda war in the U.S.!

Jesus.
For many years, Israel has operated on the principle
that if they do something continually, even if it's evil,
the western world becomes inured to it. And USA
uses its UN veto power to reinforce this.

Last edited:

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It's My Birthday!
Twitter is especially depressing

Thank you for admitting where you get your news. Google search results showing that twitter is major source for propaganda and misinformation - LINK

Do you care?

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It's My Birthday!
Why do you think that is my only source of information? You sure do like to make unwarranted assumptions.

Because what you post is so often one sided. And the sources you bring to debates are one sided.

Orbit

I'm a planet
Because what you post is so often one sided. And the sources you bring to debates are one sided.
I use Israeli sources, international and Israeli human rights organizations, Palestinian sources, U.S. sources, British sources, Arab sources; I follow journalists, doctors, official diplomatic accounts, professors, students, and government officials on twitter. Just because you disagree with my conclusions doesn't make what I present "one-sided".

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It's My Birthday!
In case anyone reading this thread cares about facts, from the link in the article in the OP:
"The M825 smoke rounds, fired from 155mm howitzers, have legitimate use on the battlefield, including signaling friendly troops, marking targets and producing white smoke that conceals soldiers from the eyes of enemy forces. The rounds are not intended for use as incendiary weapons."​

Here's a picture of the weapons being used in lebanon, again, from the article. Notice it is not being used ON civilians. It is being fired in the air for smoke.

Screenshot_20231211_205458.jpg

And below is confirmation that using white phosporous for smoke is not a war crime:
"White phosphorus munitions are not banned under international law, but because of their incendiary effects, their use is supposed to be tightly regulated. Because white phosphorus has legal uses, shells filled with it are not directly prohibited by international humanitarian law. Experts consider them not as incendiary, but as masking, since their main goal is to create a smoke screen."​
Those who are lazy, or intend to mislead, or spread anti-israel propaganda, use the words "white-posphorous" as a slogan and don't provide details to those to whom they are preaching.

Last edited:

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It's My Birthday!
I use Israeli sources, international and Israeli human rights organizations, Palestinian sources, U.S. sources, British sources, Arab sources; I follow journalists, doctors, official diplomatic accounts, professors, students, and government officials on twitter. Just because you disagree with my conclusions doesn't make what I present "one-sided".

Sure they are. They're completely one-sided. I gave you evidence recently. You made a claim about israel not joining the ICC, but ignored that the USA is not a member of the ICC. You made a claim about Israel preventing construction materials into Gaza, but ignored that Egypt also prevents construction materials into Gaza.

This thread is just another example. Israel's use of white phosphorous as smoke is not shenanigans. You didn't research this at all did you? You don't know what you're talking about.

If you believe what you're seeing on twitter... that says it all.

Last edited:

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It's My Birthday!
Israel used them munitions on gaza in 2009 and one of the war crimes that are clearly inhumane.

Yes.. the use, should be found as a war crime.

Prime example ^^^. I showed you it wasn't a war crime in another thread. I brought you the defintion. I showed you the pictures confirming it wasn't a war crime. But here you are, spreading propaganda.

There are pictures very similar to the ones posted above from the 2009 use on Gaza. They are fired in the air for smoke. It's not a war crime.

Orbit

I'm a planet
Sure they are. They're completely one-sided. I gave you evidence recently. You made a claim about israel not joining the ICC, but ignored that the USA is not a member of the ICC. You made a claim about Israel preventing construction materials into Gaza, but ignored that Egypt also prevents construction materials into Gaza.

This thread is just another example. Israel's use of white phosphorous as smoke is not shenanigans. You didn't research this at all did you? You don't know what you're talking about.

If you believe what you're seeing on twitter... that says it all.
Sigh. Of course I know that neither the U.S nor Israel are members of the ICC. Gee, I wonder why those two nations? And yes, I did look into that.

Israel controls every aspect of life in Gaza. Whatever Egypt does doesn't change that fact.

Did I say white phosphorus was shenanigans? No. I said there were plenty of shenanigans, and there are. I didn't go into what they were.

You are so busy reading my mind that you don't bother with what I actually write.

My twitter sources are good. I don't follow accounts that post misinformation. When propaganda does appear in my timeline, I am sufficiently suspicious. Why don't you follow the IDF and Israeli officials on twitter like I do? I also follow the White House. Are they bogus, too?

We clearly have opposing views, and as I said in another thread, I see no need in hashing that over with you.

But you like to pop into threads like this one for the express purpose of insulting me, and doing so based on frankly your fantasy of how I research, or don't research the issues. Lovely straw man you have there. Have fun with it.

Orbit

I'm a planet
That civil rights group clearly doesn't know what a war crime is, and they don't research facts, and they should be ignored.
I keep hearing this from Israel apologists, that no one knows the definitions of words. It's a bizarre deflection. So all the international human rights organizations are wrong, and you are right? Common sense is also wrong, but you are right? Smells bad.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Excerpted....
Granted, phosphorus is pretty nasty stuff.

Twilight Hue

That civil rights group clearly doesn't know what a war crime is, and they don't research facts, and they should be ignored.
It all depends on intent but Israel did say it would have a preference for wwII-era M150 smoke ordinance.

In fairness, the reports did say that this was speculation and nothing has been verified as of yet if phosphorus ordinance was actually used.

Whether that has changed since the time of my posting here, only time will tell.

Bthoth

*banned*
Prime example ^^^.
Using the phosphorus weapons upon civilians is a war crime, just as conflating that israel represents Jews of the world should be made criminal
I showed you it wasn't a war crime in another thread.
You showed that you defended the use,

srael: White Phosphorus Use Evidence of War Crimes

hrw.org
https://www.hrw.org › news › 2009/03/25 › israel-whi...

Mar 25, 2009 — Israel at first denied it was using white phosphorus in Gaza but, facing mounting evidence to the contrary, said that it was using all weapons ...

Israel acknowledges use of white-phosphorus shells - France 24

france24.com
https://www.france24.com › France 24 › Middle East

Aug 2, 2009 — Israel has admitted for the first time to “using munitions containing white phosphorus” during its offensive on the Gaza Strip in December ...

Israel admits troops may have used phosphorus shells in Gaza

theguardian.com
https://www.theguardian.com › world › 2009 › jan

Jan 21, 2009 — Under review by Colonel Shai Alkalai is the use of white phosphorus by a reserve paratroop brigade in northern Israel. According to army sources ...
I brought you the defintion.
You used the definitions by the war criminals that you consider an authority.
I showed you the pictures confirming it wasn't a war crime.
NO, i posted the images

Anadolu's images prove Israel used white phosphorus in Gaza

Anadolu Ajansı
Anadolu's images prove Israel used ...

Human Rights Watch says Israel used white phosphorus in Gaza, Lebanon | Reuters​

Reuters
Human Rights Watch says Israel used ...

Human toll of incendiary weapons documented in new report | AP News​

AP News
Human toll of incendiary weapons ...

Rain of Fire: Israel's Unlawful Use of White Phosphorus in Gaza | Human Rights Watch​

Rain of Fire: Israel's Unlawful Use of White Phosphorus in Gaza | Human  Rights Watch

Human Rights Watch
Rain of Fire: Israel's Unlawful Use of ...

Suspend military aid to Israel, Amnesty urges Obama after detailing US weapons used in Gaza | Israel | The Guardian​

There are pictures very similar to the ones posted above from the 2009 use on Gaza. They are fired in the air for smoke. It's not a war crime.
Israel are the [Staff Edit].......... and defending that apartheid is just wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

Twilight Hue

In case anyone reading this thread cares about facts, from the link in the article in the OP:
"The M825 smoke rounds, fired from 155mm howitzers, have legitimate use on the battlefield, including signaling friendly troops, marking targets and producing white smoke that conceals soldiers from the eyes of enemy forces. The rounds are not intended for use as incendiary weapons."​

Here's a picture of the weapons being used in lebanon, again, from the article. Notice it is not being used ON civilians. It is being fired in the air for smoke.

View attachment 85578

And below is confirmation that using white phosporous for smoke is not a war crime:
"White phosphorus munitions are not banned under international law, but because of their incendiary effects, their use is supposed to be tightly regulated. Because white phosphorus has legal uses, shells filled with it are not directly prohibited by international humanitarian law. Experts consider them not as incendiary, but as masking, since their main goal is to create a smoke screen."​
Those who are lazy, or intend to mislead, or spread anti-israel propaganda, use the words "white-posphorous" as a slogan and don't provide details to those to whom they are preaching.
Yep. Its all about intent.

It's primary use is a smoke ordinance and clearing out foliage and obstacles so the enemy can't use it for cover.

Anti-semites of course will take advantage and plaster Israel with its bigotry that is now on display just about everywhere.

Bthoth

*banned*
Yep. Its all about intent.

Anti-semites of course will take advantage and plaster Israel with its bigotry that is now on display just about everywhere.
Are war crimes, a part of the religious model?

Please confirm with evidence otherwise stop using that terminology.

Twilight Hue

Are war crimes, a part of the religious model?

Please confirm with evidence otherwise stop using that terminology.
Nope.

Evidence in my own country in San Francisco just two months ago.

Last edited: