• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biblical Archaeology; the most stunning proof of God.

croak

Trickster
I address objections everyday, the claim that I don't is an Atheist excuse and illusion here that you have bought into.

Peace.
I didn't say you don't address them at all; I meant that you may have not addressed them to the poster's satisfaction. Then again, there is no requirement to do that.

I hope I did not come across as condescending.

mickiel

I didn't say you don't address them at all; I meant that you may have not addressed them to the poster's satisfaction. Then again, there is no requirement to do that.

I hope I did not come across as condescending.

No, I understand.

Peace.

mickiel

In Lev. 18:3 God gave Israel certain instructions and warnings about the inhabitants of the land of Canaan, their Idoltry and their worshipping of Baal. Archaeology has revealed that Baalism was a religion of immorality, vice and sex, in which children were offered as human sacrifices to the god Baal. Texts uncovered at the ancient city of " Ugarit", now called Ras Shamra, in northern Syria, give us the backround of this religion God warned about.

One text is called " The Ras Shamra Tablet." It describes this religion exactly how God described it, absolutely stunning evidence of God!

Peace.

mickiel

In Lev. 18:3 God gave Israel certain instructions and warnings about the inhabitants of the land of Canaan, their Idoltry and their worshipping of Baal. Archaeology has revealed that Baalism was a religion of immorality, vice and sex, in which children were offered as human sacrifices to the god Baal. Texts uncovered at the ancient city of " Ugarit", now called Ras Shamra, in northern Syria, give us the backround of this religion God warned about.

One text is called " The Ras Shamra Tablet." It describes this religion exactly how God described it, absolutely stunning evidence of God!

Peace.

Even the Nation of Israel is proof of God, the most popular tribe in the bible, they still exist today.

Peace.

mickiel

On May 8, 2007, they unearthed " Herod the Greats" tomb. They found the grave, sarcophagus and mausoleum on mount Herodiums northeasterns slope. He was the biblical Roman appointed King of Judea from 37 to 4 B.C.

A stunning find which further validates the bible as an evidence of God.

Peace.

mickiel

On May 8, 2007, they unearthed " Herod the Greats" tomb. They found the grave, sarcophagus and mausoleum on mount Herodiums northeasterns slope. He was the biblical Roman appointed King of Judea from 37 to 4 B.C.

A stunning find which further validates the bible as an evidence of God.

Peace.

Notice that none of these finds can be disputed by anyone.

Peace.

mickiel

Notice that none of these finds can be disputed by anyone.

Peace.

They can't be disputed because they are actual factual real discoveries, not myths or fakes, we actually have every last one of the many archaeological finds I have listed and will list.

They are unchallanged.

And they are proofs of God.

Peace.

mickiel

In 2Kings 9-10 the " Tribute of Jehu is mentioned. Archaeologist discovered the ruins of King Shalmanesers palace at Calah ( Nimrud). What they found there was stunning, the " Black Obelisk", a six and one half feet tall EXACT record of what 2Kings describes.

Again simply stunning evidence of the bible being the word of God.

Peace.

mickiel

Moses was accused by critics of the bible for " Copying his laws from Babylonians. In 1902 archaeologist discovered " The Code of Hammurabi". Now with both sets of laws in hand, experts discovered vast differences in the laws. Hammurabis laws, under the approval of the sun god Shamash, permitted immorality, as well as other sins to be practiced.

This stunning find proved that the Mosaic law was far superior than the Babylonian laws.

Peace.

mickiel

Archaeologist are now digging at the disputed site of " The city of David", I just saw it tonight for the first time on a special report on 60 minutes.

Its a stunning find.

Peace.

demonIntegral

before speaker
Bibical - archaeology... proof - god... isn't that a little oxymoron-ish? Oh, Mickiel...

Best "proof of god," in my book, comes from Exodus. Here's Moses, off on the hill with "the god of Abraham," leaving his flock to tend for itself for forty days... (Leader + Prophet = disaster, in my book... and what kind of "finger of god" requires forty days to engrave... and) Forty days of man-god interaction, cast in stone, in the Creator's own script - smashed in a fit of pique by a man who should have known better - a golden calf is far more real than an "invisible" god, especially when such traditions are "grandfathered in..."

Proof nothing, sayeth the lord. God is, I know, deal... proof exists in my mind, and we can agree to disagree. But if there ever should come a day when the "Vulcan mind meld" becomes common practice, the atheist is gonna have to use another term... it bugs me, proving god. There's this word, "God," and if I bring it up, a conversation may ensure; there' my god and your god, god that lurks in philosophy and science, god that may or may not have a body - a point, or even an existance; who may or may not have have created the universe of bosons and bosun's mates and contemporary fiction... and there's people always on a crusade to name the Name, and if you're not the same, you're fair game...

And there's after. What after? We're all just worm food? Au contrare, mon frere... something - animates. A body in a casket is biodegradable material , not "John." Not "Frank," nor Joe nor my aunt Sarah, it is merely the dust from which it has evolved. What lives, is life; and life has contunued to live - everywhere. I'm not a human being; I am a collection of three trillion cells who "decided" that environmental pressures could best be overcome by self-organizing into a "single entity (a gross simplification)" And what am I? Which particular cell holds the moniker, John? What two amino acids link together to say, "I am?" If this is the sum total of living, what worth this life? Why not just take? God?

No. Not my agenda. I'm not a single life; I'm an entire ecology. Symboitic bacteria help me digest my food, groom my eyelashes, wait patiently within for the animating force to move on; after which what remains shall be just remains. Biodegradeable crap you don't want near your septic system. I don't worship the dead, there ain't no dead; a cemetary is a monument to the living. When I'm done, throw me in the blue bucket.

Scarsity of life - nothing. Ain't no "lifeless universe;" there's places of varing density. What of the fish, that first paddled towards "dry land," that barren abyss? I'm living at the bottom of an ocean - it is measurable with a barometer. Beyond our gravity well, the density markedly decreases; but spores go there, hydrocarbons go there, light goes there... life goes there.

How about, somebody go and prove this insiduous rumor called "death?" Show me some empirical evidence that Grant is buried in Grant's tomb. Show me my father. What remains of life is life. What remains of me, is god. Even if no one ever speaks my name.

Which is to say; what can be understood within the confines of mortal consideration, within a causal, entropic universe; doesn't necessarily include all that can possibly be understood. There may never have been a man who "spoke of god" in this universe that has anything to do with whatever after after actually is, but the three simple letters of g o d - clearly spell out something that we do not know...

But we can have a conversation about it.

mickiel

Bibical - archaeology... proof - god... isn't that a little oxymoron-ish? Oh, Mickiel...
But we can have a conversation about it.

Well Actually I rather enjoyed reading your thoughts, and I have been conversing this for years now at many websites. I have had many conversations with many differing peoples over the years, some interesting, some not so.
This hogwash about there being no proof of God has gone on long enough and it irritates me because I see endless proofs of him.

Its really an excuse that has become like an unwritten law. A law that just further blinds people to the proofs.

Peace.

Last edited:

mickiel

2Sam. 2:12-17 mentions " Gibeons Pool", did you know that archaeologist have actually found this pool!

Again stunning evidence of the bible as Gods word and as being historically relevant. And that quite simply is evidence of God.

Peace.

demonIntegral

before speaker
Well Actually I rather enjoyed reading your thoughts, and I have been conversing this for years now at many websites. I have had many conversations with many differing peoples over the years, some interesting, some not so.
This hogwash about there being no proof of God has gone on long enough and it irritates me because I see endless proofs of him.

Its really an excuse that has become like an unwritten law. A law that just further blinds people to the proofs.

Peace.
Thanks. I have read some... I was never quite sure what to make of you, but you're mickiel. I'm here in my third incarnation, not because I'm a trool; more because I'm an idiot. Thought I knew what I was doing, but now I'm just doing it. Communicating, for one. Wondering if the label "Christian" is anethema in this place, for another. But I'm learning...

mickiel

Thanks. I have read some... I was never quite sure what to make of you, but you're mickiel. I'm here in my third incarnation, not because I'm a trool; more because I'm an idiot. Thought I knew what I was doing, but now I'm just doing it. Communicating, for one. Wondering if the label "Christian" is anethema in this place, for another. But I'm learning...

Well you have some excellent thoughts, in my view of thoughts, I can see that. Although I may disagree with some, I can see good thinking even in my disagreement. I am not Christian, and I disagree with so much Christian thought, but I agree with some of it. I feel the same way about Atheist, I am not one, but I agree with much of their thoughts on religion. I can get to it. I too am an Idiot, and I have not progressed much from that state of being where God is concerned.

But I have this knawing thing inside of me that prods me on toward him, and it grows. It has me, willnot release me, but willnot personally engage me, but for simple moments at a time. Oh but I enjoy those moments and long for more. But more is not in my control, and never will be.

This teaches me that God is in ultimate control, and I will never seek to take control of it myself.

Peace to you on your journey.

MW0082

Jesus 4 Profit.... =)~
Saying that these archeological finds are proof of god, is like saying there is a Universe and space so Luke Skywalker also most be real.

Just because the places exist, does not mean the characters do. There are many stories told of real places with fictional characters.

mickiel

Saying that these archeological finds are proof of god, is like saying there is a Universe and space so Luke Skywalker also most be real.

Just because the places exist, does not mean the characters do. There are many stories told of real places with fictional characters.

Disprove the facts I have provided, and you disprove my points.

But you simply cannot.

Peace.

MW0082

Jesus 4 Profit.... =)~
Disprove the facts I have provided, and you disprove my points.

But you simply cannot.

Peace.
You haven't provided any evidence of the real people. Your simply providing supporting evidence that these places and things existed when they wrote it. When you can link these places and artifacts to god, with out doubt then you have proved soemthing. Don't let yourself beleive you're doing anything else but typing and posting words...... you may want to learn the definition of evudence. You have a wrong understanding as to what IS ACTUALLY proof. But I guess it's a good thing your just a person on a board expressing your opinion, and not someone important.:D

mickiel

You haven't provided any evidence of the real people. Your simply providing supporting evidence that these places and things existed when they wrote it. When you can link these places and artifacts to god, with out doubt then you have proved soemthing. Don't let yourself beleive you're doing anything else but typing and posting words...... you may want to learn the definition of evudence. You have a wrong understanding as to what IS ACTUALLY proof. But I guess it's a good thing your just a person on a board expressing your opinion, and not someone important.:D

I am important enough to provoke you.

Think about that. You are in a position to respond to me.

I have you.

Peace.

MW0082

Jesus 4 Profit.... =)~
I am important enough to provoke you.

Think about that. You are in a position to respond to me.

I have you.

Peace.
No, it's the same thing as a car crash. You see the wreck, you cannot pull away you keep looking. You never wanted to look and you're mad that you did. It's human nature to repond to the absurd, and you sir are absurd....;)