• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biblical Archaeology; the most stunning proof of God.

JustAsking

Educational Use Only
Could exist--- no man there is no " Could exist" with the bible, its been
Proven" that they did exist, and DO exist.

Its been proven and its academic.

Peace.

That's it? That's the only thing you care to comment on? A pedantic point that you're able to take out of its context and contort to fit your views?

Interesting.

MW0082

Jesus 4 Profit.... =)~
And yet you keep missing the point of why I'm delving into mythology. They find a place called Nimrod's castle, so what? They find Jacob's well, so what? They find Nineveh, so what?

None of these things prove the existence of god. The bible mentions places that actually exist, yes. I'm not debating that. What I'm debating is that these places somehow prove god. If all you have is, "Well, the Bible mentions Nineveh and god. Nineveh is real so god must be real too." then you're committing a fallacy. The logic doesn't follow. That's why I mentioned Harry Potter, Narnia and the rest. These works mention real places too, but no one in their right mind would try to use that fact to suggest that the events portrayed in those works actually happened or that the fictional characters within those works are real.

"Nineveh's existence = god's existence" doesn't work anymore than "London's existence = Hogwarts' existence" or "New York's existence = Spider-man's existence"

If you're trying to prove god, you need to do better.
Good posts, but Mickel doesn't liek to use logic in his posts or thoughts. Evidence is also useless, this guy is blind to the reality around him.:areyoucra

mickiel

That's it? That's the only thing you care to comment on? A pedantic point that you're able to take out of its context and contort to fit your views?

Interesting.

Well you began your post with " Lets pretend', I hold no intrest in the use of pretense, myths and fables to support the assertation of facts.

But its all you guys got. And I already know this you see.

Peace.

JustAsking

Educational Use Only
Well you began your post with " Lets pretend', I hold no intrest in the use of pretense, myths and fables to support the assertation of facts.

But its all you guys got. And I already know this you see.

Peace.

Why put a post on a debate forum if you're just going to plug your ears and yell NANANANNANANANAAAA!?

I wrote a piece to try and illustrate how some parts of a very old book might be less than 100% true while still offering portions of 100% verifiable evidence.

Do you dispute that a very old book might be 99% true while leaving room for a little, flair?

mickiel

Why put a post on a debate forum if you're just going to plug your ears and yell NANANANNANANANAAAA!?

I wrote a piece to try and illustrate how some parts of a very old book might be less than 100% true while still offering portions of 100% verifiable evidence.

Do you dispute that a very old book might be 99% true while leaving room for a little, flair?

I don't plug my ears, and I don't pretend, I give facts. Biblical arachaeology is a fact. I hold no intrest in pretense. And I do not believe the bible is errorless, I believe it has many errors through mistranslations, and I have NEVER written otherwise.

Peace.

The_Evelyonian

Old-School Member
Just gives credence to the point that the biblical writers were writing actual facts not fiction as so many skeptics proclaim.

Not really. Myths can be and are built around real places and people. This is nothing new.

Not only places, but characters and events. There is some faith involve in believing in the existence of God, there is no denying that. But such is the case for evolution. Evolutionists attempt to intellectualize their way around faith. When you strip away all the fancy arguments and logic, believing in evolution comes to the same ironic conclusion as believing in God---Faith. It takes just as much faith to conclude the Miller Urey experiment proves that life evolved from primordial ooze.

If you want to discuss evolution, start a thread.

JustAsking

Educational Use Only
I don't plug my ears, and I don't pretend, I give facts. Biblical arachaeology is a fact. I hold no intrest in pretense. And I do not believe the bible is errorless, I believe it has many errors through mistranslations, and I have NEVER written otherwise.

Peace.

Findings though Archaeology are always facts. Hey, I found a pot! That's a fact. Hey I found the remains of a person that was in the Bible, and it's been verified! That's a fact. Hey, I found a place, and it's been independently verified, that is in the bible. Also a fact.

Hey, since I found some pieces of evidence that support the bible, therefore everything in it must be fact?

That's where you lose people.

If I write a book that tells of my father, and tells that he was a true magician and was able to conjure things from thin air, does that mean that if you find his grave that the story of him conjuring things must also be true?

Can you understand that finding a grave and proving the actions of the person buried isn't the same thing?

Last edited:

JustAsking

Educational Use Only
If. If. Pretend. Pretend. I hold no intrest in your arguements, I am not interested in " If" and " Lets pretend".

You don't seem to understand that.

Peace.

Wow, man... You really do ignore anything that's inconvenient to your viewpoint. Maybe you're just trolling, or maybe you're truly that scared to think outside of your box. But either way, it is obvious to me that you're utterly unwilling to discuss, let alone debate your debate forum thread.

It really saddens me to find people who are so closed off and unwilling to even acknowledge another persons views.

Edit: yep, I'm new here. You appear to do this a lot. Make threads that are universally voted down due to trollish behavior.. I've been trolled...

Last edited:

mickiel

Edit: yep, I'm new here. You appear to do this a lot. Make threads that are universally voted down due to trollish behavior.. I've been trolled...

Call it what you wish to pacify yourself, I hold no intrest in " Ifs" and " Lets pretend", which is the foundation of your arguement.

Biblical Archaeology is not an " If" or a " Lets pretend", its a real science, and its proving God.

Peace.

JustAsking

Educational Use Only
Call it what you wish to pacify yourself, I hold no intrest in " Ifs" and " Lets pretend", which is the foundation of your arguement.

Biblical Archaeology is not an " If" or a " Lets pretend", its a real science, and its proving God.

Peace.

Peace indeed... cya!

mickiel

When fighting broke out between the Arabs and Jews in 1947, the Bible was used to help Israel win this war. In 2Sam. 8:5, 10:17-19, a simular invasion by Israel against Syria occured. Believing that the terrain would force a simular invasion route, the Israelites familiarized themselves with the country side and the biblical details of that battle. As expected, the Syrians followed the same route and the Jewish soldiers won the battle over Syria.

The " Six-Days War", June 1967, in which Israel overwhelmingly defeated three countries- Syria, Jordan and Egypt, was due largely to these same biblical tatics.

Stunning use of the bible with deadly results that is factual recorded history in all the middle east. And taught in schools.

Peace.

Last edited:

mickiel

It might come as a surprise to some that drifting sand is but a small factor in the burial of an ancient city. In desert regions this might contribute a part, but the main reason is the repeated destruction and rebuilding of the city on " The same site!" Cities were built near springs and waterholes; instead of moving to another location, the custom was to rebuild the city on the old site, salvaging what stones and materials were usable.

The cheif reason for continuing on the old site was not the ease with which this could be done, or because the water supply was there already, but the desire to follow, wherever possible, the outline of old buildings, particularly temples, to earn the protection of the gods and spirits that the inhabitants had pacified.

This is why Archaeology has found such original sites, the actual places of biblical importance.

And I want to go into that.

Peace.

mickiel

One could dig up, or dig down, but God said the earth will bear witness of him. And that means archaeology, and boy is more heavy hitting yet to come up from the earth.

I am no prophet, but I foresee more stunning proof of God to come;

And the Atheist will say;" Dah!"

Peace.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard

Peace.

Archeology is not science :facepalm:

mickiel

Archeology is not science :facepalm:

Oh I totally disagree, its most defintely science. A study of the human factor is science, just not accepted science to Atheist. Atheist have trouble accepting facts. Archaeology is fact.

Peace.

Last edited by a moderator:

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
Oh I totally disagree, its most defintely science. A study of the human factor is science, just not accepted science to Atheist. Atheist have trouble accepting facts. Archaeology is fact.

Peace.

Its not a science it does not test facts, only finds historical documents.

Last edited by a moderator: