• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bible trying to tell us something?

King Phenomenon

“It is believed that through his Crucifixion and subsequent Resurrection, God offered humans salvation and eternal life”

I don’t know but this sounds like it’s referring to someone living today, unless we’re living in 20 AD.

Is it saying a certain someone’s death/life is destruction/creation of all?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
No.
In the end it's really just saying "we don't understand a damn thing about Judaism but will pretend to anyways."

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
“It is believed that through his Crucifixion and subsequent Resurrection, God offered humans salvation and eternal life”

I don’t know but this sounds like it’s referring to someone living today, unless we’re living in 20 AD.

It was supposed to be part of God's plan to establish The Kingdom within the lifetime of Jesus' audience ─

Mark 9:1 And he said to them, “Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see that the kingdom of God has come with power.”

Mark 13:28 “From the fig tree learn its lesson: as soon as its branch becomes tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near. 29 So also, when you see these things taking place, you know that he is near, at the very gates. 30 Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away before all these things take place.

Matthew 10:23When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

Matthew 16:28 Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.”

Matthew 24:32 “From the fig tree learn its lesson: as soon as its branch becomes tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near. 33 So also, when you see all these things, you know that he is near, at the very gates. 34 Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away till all these things take place.

Luke 9:27 But I tell you truly, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God.”
But that didn't work and everyone went home.

I mean, I don't know about you, but if someone tells me they'll get back to me within the year, I tend to get skeptical when they don't show up within the year, within the decade, within the century, within the first millennium, within the second millennium.

I tend not to believe them instead.

How about you?

Or are there a bunch of 2000 year old people living quietly in the Middle East that we don't know about?

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member

I may be wrong, but I think it's saying, "It is believed that through his Crucifixion and subsequent Resurrection, God offered humans salvation and eternal life."

Anything you read into that is known as "interpretation."

It can also mean, "I can copy and paste a sentence from Wikipedia." ;)

Jesus in Christianity - Wikipedia

nPeace

Veteran Member

The answer is found in the "Pauline epistles".
Romans 5:16-21 ; 1 Corinthians 15:20-22