• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bible Support for Twelve Angels.

Repox

Truth Seeker
As evidence of twelve angels in heaven, we find the number twelve repeated throughout Revelation. Satan was God’s thirteenth angel.

“Whenever the living creatures give glory, honor and thanks to him who sits on the throne and who lives forever and ever, the twenty-four elders fall down before him who sits on the throne, and worship him who lives forever and ever.” Rev. 4:9. Multiplying the duality of God (2) by the number of angels (12), the results are 24.

“Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all tribes of Israel." Multiple 12 times 12 and you get 144. Following the verse, twelve tribes of Israel are named with 12,000 members for each tribe. (Rev. 7:4).

In Chapter 11 of Revelation, we have the two witnesses representing the "duality of God." The story of the two witnesses is the story of Jesus (God). Chapter 12 of Revelation is the story of God's angels led by Michael fighting Satan while God (Jesus) was in the world for 1,260 days (Chapter 11). In the same chapter, we have the woman (God) with twelve stars on her head.

In the description of God's holy city, there are numerous references to twelve. “It had a great high wall with twelve gates, and with twelve angels at the gates.” Rev.21:12. “The twelve gates were twelve pearls, each gate made of a single pearl.” Rev. 21:21. The foundations of the city walls were decorated with every kind of precious stone. . . . and the twelfth amethyst. (Rev. 21:20). Amethyst is the final of twelve stones. An angel measured it. “He measured the city with a rod and found it to be 12,000 stadia in length, and as wide and high as it is long.” He measured its walls and it was 144 cubits thick, (Rev. 21:16-17). Again, you multiple 12 times 12, the results is 144.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
As evidence of twelve angels in heaven, we find the number twelve repeated throughout Revelation. Satan was God’s thirteenth angel.

“Whenever the living creatures give glory, honor and thanks to him who sits on the throne and who lives forever and ever, the twenty-four elders fall down before him who sits on the throne, and worship him who lives forever and ever.” Rev. 4:9. Multiplying the duality of God (2) by the number of angels (12), the results are 24.

“Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all tribes of Israel." Multiple 12 times 12 and you get 144. Following the verse, twelve tribes of Israel are named with 12,000 members for each tribe. (Rev. 7:4).

In Chapter 11 of Revelation, we have the two witnesses representing the "duality of God." The story of the two witnesses is the story of Jesus (God). Chapter 12 of Revelation is the story of God's angels led by Michael fighting Satan while God (Jesus) was in the world for 1,260 days (Chapter 11). In the same chapter, we have the woman (God) with twelve stars on her head.

In the description of God's holy city, there are numerous references to twelve. “It had a great high wall with twelve gates, and with twelve angels at the gates.” Rev.21:12. “The twelve gates were twelve pearls, each gate made of a single pearl.” Rev. 21:21. The foundations of the city walls were decorated with every kind of precious stone. . . . and the twelfth amethyst. (Rev. 21:20). Amethyst is the final of twelve stones. An angel measured it. “He measured the city with a rod and found it to be 12,000 stadia in length, and as wide and high as it is long.” He measured its walls and it was 144 cubits thick, (Rev. 21:16-17). Again, you multiple 12 times 12, the results is 144.

Yeah, it's like there is some sort of message in it. I got the impression from scripture that Israel symbolizes God in a way. Israel started out whole but later it divided into two. Then I believe it's prophesied to be One again someday.

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
If you look for number patterns hard enough, you can find them everywhere and on anything. There's nothing miraculous about it. It's just math.

On 1-13-2017 (Friday the 13th), flight 666 took off from CPH and landed at HEL. The flight departed at 1300 (1pm). It took 1 hour and 34 minutes, and landed at 3:41pm Helsinki time. The aircraft was 13 years old.

So flight 666 landed in HEL
Friday the 13th, plane was 13 years old, departed at 1300 hours
Flight took 1:34 minutes and landed at 3:41 local (the same #s)
Nothing happened.

Not debating your points, just stating some facts.

Also, it doesn't really mean much if the author is using a theme like repeating numbers. It is intentional, not prophetic. For example:

Tim was 10 when he scored a 10 during the match. His 10 came at 10:10 in the morning, on 10-10-2020. The address where the 10X Club was hosting the 10th annual meet, was at 100 Century Avenue. The facility was very large, with 10 different double doors surrounding the domed building. There were 100 participants, all age 10 and under. Registration deadline was 10 days ago.

Last edited:

Jedster

If you look for number patterns hard enough, you can find them everywhere and on anything. There's nothing miraculous about it. It's just math.

On 1-13-2017 (Friday the 13th), flight 666 took off from CPH and landed at HEL. The flight departed at 1300 (1pm). It took 1 hour and 34 minutes, and landed at 3:41pm Helsinki time. The aircraft was 13 years old.

Nothing happened.

Also, is doesn't really mean much if the author is using a theme like repeating numbers. It is intentional, not prophetic. For example:

Tim was 10 when he scored a 10 during the match. His 10 came at 10:10 in the morning, on 10-10-2020. The address where the 10X Club was hosting the 10th annual meet, was at 100 Century Avenue. The facility was very large, with 10 different double doors surrounding the domed building. There were 100 participants, all age 10 and under. Registration deadline was 10 days ago.

You are very wrong.
You made the original post at 5:55, whose digits add up to 15, now subtract the number of 5s(which is 3) and you get 12. This proves you wrong.
AND ALSO
The fact that you last edited your post at 7:14, whose digits add up to 12 proves it.

So there!!:)

omega2xx

Broadly speaking 12 symbolizes some kind of governmental function.

It is unlikely Satan was the first angel(he was a cherub). It is more likely the arch angels were first and as I remember only one is call an archangel, Michael.

Biblical numerology is an interesting and informative subject.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member

If angels are your true interest, there are traditional materials about them with lots of stories. Suggestion: Good effort, but focus on moral principles instead which is the Bible's focus. Pagans were interested in twelve and the zodiac because of the four cardinal directions and properties of the number twelve. That is not the Bible focus. Twelve undoubtedly represents a moral ideal much like seven. What is the moral in the Bible behind twelve and behind thirteen? That is an answer you probably can find, but if you are interested in angels and how they relate to twelve you are really looking for pre-Jewish information such as Babylonian and Egyptian stuff.

Repox

Truth Seeker

Nothing happened.

Also, it doesn't really mean much if the author is using a theme like repeating numbers. It is intentional, not prophetic. For example:

Yes, you can find numbers anywhere. However, based on the laws of probability, what are the chances of finding a particular number when there are so many of one number? I don't believe anyone looked at Revelation to see the preponderance of 12 for that Bible chapter. There appear to be a lot of naysayers here who can't read.

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
Yes, you can find numbers anywhere. However, based on the laws of probability, what are the chances of finding a particular number when there are so many of one number? I don't believe anyone looked at Revelation to see the preponderance of 12 for that Bible chapter. There appear to be a lot of naysayers here who can't read.

Again, if the author is using a theme, they will flood their writings with that theme.

Repox

Truth Seeker
Again, if the author is using a theme, they will flood their writings with that theme.
What does that mean? It sounds like a lot of nonsense! I am finding lot of stupid comments on this forum. People who put their minds on hold and just let their fingers have a happy time.

Repox

Truth Seeker
Yeah, it's like there is some sort of message in it. I got the impression from scripture that Israel symbolizes God in a way. Israel started out whole but later it divided into two. Then I believe it's prophesied to be One again someday.
What does that have to do with the number 12 in Revelation, or the number of angels?

Last edited:

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
What does that mean? It sounds like a lot of nonsense! I am finding lot of stupid comments on this forum. People who put their minds on hold and just let their fingers have a happy time.

Writers will often use a theme in their works. The theme could be a number, such as 12, and that number would be reflected in what was written. 12 tribes. 12 angels. 12 gates. 12 pearls. In the highly exaggerated example I gave, I chose the number 10. Other writers may use an emotion, or darkness, light, hot, cold, etc. Edgar Allan Poe used the macabre.

Repox

Truth Seeker

Nothing happened.

Here is an analysis you missed. According to statistics, what is the probability of 12 occurring in Revelation by chance alone. If you can't apply statistics to the occurrence of numbers, you are playing fiddle sticks. ha. ha.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
What does that have to do with the number 12 or the number of angels?

You say the duality of God is part of your equation. The bible seems to elude or even say that God was one, then divided into two. Jesus being a "chip off the old block", and at the resurrection day, when Christ delivers his church to God, God will be One.

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
Here is an analysis you missed. According to statistics, what is the probability of 12 occurring in Revelation by chance alone. If you can't apply statistics to the occurrence of numbers, you are playing fiddle sticks. ha. ha.

You just proved my point. It wasn't chance, it was deliberate.

Repox

Truth Seeker
Writers will often use a theme in their works. The theme could be a number, such as 12, and that number would be reflected in what was written. 12 tribes. 12 angels. 12 gates. 12 pearls. In the highly exaggerated example I gave, I chose the number 10. Other writers may use an emotion, or darkness, light, hot, cold, etc. Edgar Allan Poe used the macabre.
You say writers like the Bible was written by fiction writers, or it has no real meaning except it is just another book. I thought this was religion forum. I was mistaken, no one here seems to know much about the Bible.

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
You say writers like the Bible was written by fiction writers, or it has no real meaning except it is just another book. I thought this was religion forum. I was mistaken, no one here seems to know any thing about the Bible.

I never said fiction. I said theme.

Repox

Truth Seeker
If angels are your true interest, there are traditional materials about them with lots of stories. Suggestion: Good effort, but focus on moral principles instead which is the Bible's focus. Pagans were interested in twelve and the zodiac because of the four cardinal directions and properties of the number twelve. That is not the Bible focus. Twelve undoubtedly represents a moral ideal much like seven. What is the moral in the Bible behind twelve and behind thirteen? That is an answer you probably can find, but if you are interested in angels and how they relate to twelve you are really looking for pre-Jewish information such as Babylonian and Egyptian stuff.

I agree, you can find a lot of 12s out there. I think there is confirmation of people throughout the world knowing instinctively about the finger print of God. Examples of twelve include, months of the year, hours of the day, twelve tribes of Israel, twelve disciples, twelve inches in a foot, etc. As for Satan being the thirteenth angel, throughout the world 13 is an unlucky number.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I agree, you can find a lot of 12s out there. I think there is confirmation of people throughout the world knowing instinctively about the finger print of God. Examples of twelve include, months of the year, hours of the day, twelve tribes of Israel, twelve disciples, twelve inches in a foot, etc. As for Satan being the thirteenth angel, throughout the world 13 is an unlucky number.
I disagree with just about everything you just said.