• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bible code, what do you know about it?

Gunfingers

Happiness Incarnate
That's it, when i get home tonight i'm going to look through my copy of The Silmarillion for codes left for me by Illuvatar.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
That's it, when i get home tonight i'm going to look through my copy of The Silmarillion for codes left for me by Illuvatar.

And while you're doing, that, I'll take a look at the Book of Mudora to find the codes left by the Goddesses.

Poisonshady313

In the book of Esther, which is read from beginning to end on Purim, there is a list of the names of the ten sons of Haman.

The quick version of the Purim story is, evil Persian guy (Haman) wants to annihilate the Jews. Important Jewish guy saves the King's life... evil Persian guy convinces King to decree genocide against the Jews... King wants to honor the Jew who saved his life. Evil Persian guy builds gallows for important Jewish guy, Esther accuses evil Persian guy, King sentences evil Persian guy to death, the Jews rise up against the forces who were supposed to annihilate the Jews, including evil Persian guy's ten sons.

They tried to kill the Jews... the Jews killed them instead... so today we tell the story, eat, drink, and celebrate our survival.

Back to the codes.

There is a passage, after it is revealed that Haman's ten sons have been slain...
that says "If it pleases the king, let tomorrow also be given to the Jews who are in Shushan to act as they did today, and let Haman's ten sons be hanged on the gallows."

Now, in the most literal sense, the bodies of the ten sons were hanged on the gallows, so that the enemies of the Jews should see it and recognize the force they were dealing with.

Understand that the words "Megillat Esther", "scroll of Esther" have roots that basically mean "revealing the hidden". Among the obvious revealing of hidden plots, it's also worth it to mention that God is not mentioned once throughout the entire book of Esther. The story is considered miraculous, but it's not the same in your face miraculousness of the passover story... the events are guided by the unseen hand of God. It is thought that when the word "King" is used, unless the name of the Persian king is written right after it, it alludes to God, King of the Universe. So when the passage says "If it pleases the king", we can look at it as if Esther is making a request of God for "tomorrow"... the future. What request? That the ten sons of Haman be hanged on the gallows.

Now. In the Hebrew text, the names of the sons are listed... and in the names of the sons, certain letters are smaller than the others.

ת
ש
ז

All letters in Hebrew have a numerical value. Add the values of these letters, 400, 300, 7... we have 707.

Then there is a letter that is larger than all the other letters: ו

This letter has the numerical value of 6.

If 707 is years, then the 6, being a different size, must be a different value... so it would be the 6th millennium... which would make the number 5707

Or you could say it's the 6th occurrence of 707....
0707, 1707, 2707, 3707, 4707, 5707

What year in the Gregorian calendar corresponds to 5707? 1946-1947. We know that because this is the year 5768, which began on Rosh Hashana (Fall) of 2007.

What happened in the year 1946 after Rosh Hashana? The ten Nuremberg war criminals were hanged on wooden gallows.

This is more significant because it is commonly believed by Jews that the Nazis, like Haman, were all descendants of Amalek, the evil kingdom Saul was commanded to annihilate (and failed to do so)... which, in a manner of speaking, would make the 10 Nuremberg war criminals "sons of Haman".

The 11th criminal who committed suicide corresponds to Haman's daughter who, according to extra biblical tradition, committed suicide. This 11th criminal was a cross dresser.

There are a number of different other "coincidences" between Purim and the hanging of the Nuremberg war criminals... but this should be enough to get you guys started.
Anyone find this the least bit fascinating?

Reactions: FFH

Riverwolf

Premium Member

Sorry, but this kind of thing is only fascinating in Hollywood. Why would Esther, a book about a woman standing up for her people, contain prophecy?

All I can say is, "Kangaisugi." "Over-analyzing."

Poisonshady313

Sorry, but this kind of thing is only fascinating in Hollywood. Why would Esther, a book about a woman standing up for her people, contain prophecy?
It's also a survival story... about the Jewish people on the brink of total annihilation... why shouldn't it contain prophecy? As I said... Megillat Esther means "revealing the hidden".

If you say so.

Poisonshady313

Also... how do you account for the differently sized letters in the text?

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Also... how do you account for the differently sized letters in the text?

Easy. The scribes who first penned it may have made a few mistakes, and decided to cover them up by making certain letters bigger. Later scribes would have copied this exactly.

I'll be honest with you, I didn't read the post, because as I've stated the last few days on other posts, I don't believe in prophecy. Besides, this genre of detective work never appealed to me. (National Treasure, Da Vinci Code... all mediocre at best in my opinion)

FFH

Veteran Member

I spent about two years in Japan, do you know Japanese ???

Kangaeru ~ to think
Sugiru ~ too much

Kangaesugi ~ to think too much

I am also really into the Bible codes. If they are true, we don't have much time, for there is nothing in the Bible codes after 2013.

FFH

Veteran Member
Yes, extremely interesting, I have only skimmed over your post, I will read it more thoroughly now.

The story of Esther parallels our time, with the President of Iran as the modern day King of Persia.

The President of Iran has ordered all Jews in his province to wear a mark of some sort, I think it might be a small Jewish star, so that he can identify them in case they go to war with Israel...

The Jews living in Iran are at risk.

Wow, good stuff, I just finished reading your post.

Last edited:

FFH

Veteran Member
I am wondering how many members are aware of the secret/hidden code within the original hebrew texts, the dead sea scrolls.
Isaac Newton believed there was one, so did Albert Einstein, i am unsure but I think Leonardo Da Vinci also believed there was a hidden code.
I know that it has been found and deciphered and that my name is in it.
Anyone can check to see if their name is in the code. (biblecodewisdom.com)
The code reveals many things, some heads of government use the code on a regular basis for guidance and direction.The question I have for all of you is this.
How is it possible (without GOD) to have a book written today with exact times and dates for events that are going to occur over the next four thousand years?
The dead sea scrolls were written in excess of 4 thousand years ago, and they tell of events and people that are around today. (Through the code)
Can someone explain this to me and everyone else, how is it possible without GOD? :shrug:
The Bible codes show the infinite wisdom of God.

It's amazing that a surface text could be written over thousands of years and still be intact with codes and all. I am truly in awe of God's infinite wisdom and knowledge and how he works all things for our good. He has encoded the past, present and future into the Bible, amazing, I am still in awe of it.

God is in control and has written the Bible, not man. Man has only been his instrument in writing the Bible, nothing more.

Last edited:

Riverwolf

Premium Member
I spent about two years in Japan, do you know Japanese ???

Kangaeru ~ to think
Sugiru ~ too much

Kangaesugi ~ to think too much

Oops. I was going on what I hear, not what I read. I watch a lot of anime(in other words, I'm an Otaku), and I hear that phrase now and then. I do know a little Japanese, but not much. Thanks for correcting me.

I was close, though, right? :D

FFH

Veteran Member
Oops. I was going on what I hear, not what I read. I watch a lot of anime(in other words, I'm an Otaku), and I hear that phrase now and then. I do know a little Japanese, but not much. Thanks for correcting me.

I was close, though, right? :D
Both definitions are correct, I'm just used to translating it (to think to much). Than definition may be over simplified. Your definition may be more accurate. I just never thought of it that way before, so it through me a bit and if you look up the two words here is what it says.

Kangaeru ~ to consider (but I was told it means to think by Japanese)
Sugiru ~ to go beyond, to exceed (too much)

Kangaesugi ~ to consider exceedingly, beyond the norm (to think too much)

That describes me pretty much. I think beyond the norm about any given subject

Bible Codes and Prophecies ~ We are that generation, Christ spoke of, who will see his coming (
multipage.gif
1 2 3 ... Last Page)

Last edited:

ogmios

Man on a mission
That the best you can do? How do you know it's not talking about someone who shares your name?
And there is darkness where there is light; it's what allows us to see.

Complete darkness, you can't see. Complete light, you can't see. We require both to be in balance in order to see, such as during the day. (what happens when you look at the sun for too long?)
Cause I dont see anyone else with my name saying the things I am saying.
The darkness only exists in the shadows cast from the light.
The light I talk of is the light of truth... seen the light?
Darkness is the absence of light!

Gunfingers

Happiness Incarnate
The Bible codes show the infinite wisdom of God.

It's amazing that a surface text could be written over thousands of years and still be intact with codes and all. I am truly in awe of God's infinite wisdom and knowledge and how he works all things for our good. He has encoded the past, present and future into the Bible, amazing, I am still in awe of it.

God is in control and has written the Bible, not man. Man has only been his instrument in writing the Bible, nothing more.
Do you by any chance know what a confirmation bias is?

Poisonshady313

Easy. The scribes who first penned it may have made a few mistakes, and decided to cover them up by making certain letters bigger. Later scribes would have copied this exactly.

This post makes no sense.

In a whole book, 4 letters are differently sized. 3 small, one big... none of them next to each other.

In the Torah when there are differently sized letters or words, there's a significance to it... and most of the time, the significance of certain things are pretty well accepted.

Mistaken letters can easily be scratched out of a parchment... there would be no reason to keep certain letters smaller or larger unless there were some purpose for it.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Cause I dont see anyone else with my name saying the things I am saying.
The darkness only exists in the shadows cast from the light.
The light I talk of is the light of truth... seen the light?
Darkness is the absence of light!

Uh... you got half of that right. The Bible itself implies that light came after darkness. "And God said, Let there be light, and lo! there was light, and God separated the light from the darkness." (shouldn't have to cite that)

You speak of light being truth... so, you await the coming of the bringer of light? Hm...

Besides, even if the so-called "Bible codes" were true, they mean nothing to me; knowing the future is not in anyway impressive to me. If that's the best God can do, I'm very disappointed.

And anyway, I find shelter in the shade. The Sun and I don't get along too well... (she burns me...)

You don't have to respond to this; I already know what you're thinking as you read this.

Light, that is, truth, hurts, so I seek shelter from it in darkness, and that shelter will go away at the day of judgment and I will burn forever.

Thing is, the Biblical "truth" to me isn't in the "hidden prophecies"; it's right there, in plain sight.

ogmios

Man on a mission
Uh... you got half of that right. The Bible itself implies that light came after darkness. "And God said, Let there be light, and lo! there was light, and God separated the light from the darkness." (shouldn't have to cite that)

You speak of light being truth... so, you await the coming of the bringer of light? Hm...

Besides, even if the so-called "Bible codes" were true, they mean nothing to me; knowing the future is not in anyway impressive to me. If that's the best God can do, I'm very disappointed.

And anyway, I find shelter in the shade. The Sun and I don't get along too well... (she burns me...)

You don't have to respond to this; I already know what you're thinking as you read this.

Light, that is, truth, hurts, so I seek shelter from it in darkness, and that shelter will go away at the day of judgment and I will burn forever.

Thing is, the Biblical "truth" to me isn't in the "hidden prophecies"; it's right there, in plain sight.
I try not to judge anyone, I do try to enlighten people, this is not about hidden truths, it is about the true and awesome power of our creator. It is not about hidden prophecies, we can change what happens to us by altering our ways manerism's and lifestyle. That is what the code is there for, you know that when faced with a choice we can usually go one of two ways,(sometimes there are more than two choices but for simplicity lets say two) Sometimes the choices we make lead us in a poor direction and we regret it, somesay that is learning and sure it is, but would it not be useful to make the right choice everytime? I am saddened by negativety, people should be more positive on our outlook to the future. We have the power to alter our destiny, how can mankind not want a better end to each and everyday we live on earth.
I dont believe you will burn in hell, there is good in you and all people, the darkness holds back the "good" potential in us all. I have chosen to be good, I used to be a bad arse, then one day I realized that I was my own worst enemy. Everytime I went against the "little voice" that said to me be careful that is dangerous or not the right thing to do, I stuffed up. Nowadays I listen to the "higher self" and when I get a gut feel that something is wrong I stop, analyse and see the right way, and things go well for me. I want things to go well for all people so that there is less stress, less pain, less suffering for everyone so we as a society of humans can live better lives.
Is there something wrong with what I am trying to achieve?
Nothing is impossible unless you/we say it is.
Peace to you and may you recieve the light without burning in it.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
I try not to judge anyone, I do try to enlighten people, this is not about hidden truths, it is about the true and awesome power of our creator. It is not about hidden prophecies, we can change what happens to us by altering our ways manerism's and lifestyle. That is what the code is there for, you know that when faced with a choice we can usually go one of two ways,(sometimes there are more than two choices but for simplicity lets say two) Sometimes the choices we make lead us in a poor direction and we regret it, somesay that is learning and sure it is, but would it not be useful to make the right choice everytime? I am saddened by negativety, people should be more positive on our outlook to the future. We have the power to alter our destiny, how can mankind not want a better end to each and everyday we live on earth.
I dont believe you will burn in hell, there is good in you and all people, the darkness holds back the "good" potential in us all. I have chosen to be good, I used to be a bad arse, then one day I realized that I was my own worst enemy. Everytime I went against the "little voice" that said to me be careful that is dangerous or not the right thing to do, I stuffed up. Nowadays I listen to the "higher self" and when I get a gut feel that something is wrong I stop, analyse and see the right way, and things go well for me. I want things to go well for all people so that there is less stress, less pain, less suffering for everyone so we as a society of humans can live better lives.
Is there something wrong with what I am trying to achieve?
Nothing is impossible unless you/we say it is.
Peace to you and may you recieve the light without burning in it.

Now THERE'S some good words. :D There's nothing wrong with attempting to help others become better people, but in the end, it's really their own battle. And I can promise you that trying to impress them with things like "Bible code" will just turn them away from you. (though it is better than trying to scare them with Hell).

Here's my own personal advice, now that I know that you're not just self-promoting yourself. (which is what it looked like from some of your earlier posts) Try to inspire people to become better by telling stories of how horrible people became good; not just that they did, but how they did, and what they do as good people. Take you for example: I somehow doubt that you simple decided one day to change; something (or maybe a number of things) likely served as a catalyst. And saying "the Lord came to me and blah blah blah" doesn't do it, either; what made you believe that it was God/Jesus/etc. and not your imagination?

Just a suggestion.