• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bible as the Word of God

obi one

Do you believe guys that the Bible is the word of God? and Why?

Yeshua's testimony is the "Word of God" (John 3:34,Rev 19:10) per the testimony of Yeshua. Paul's word is prophetic, according to Paul and the "harlot" church. I believe Yeshua, but then again, I don't believe Paul. There are many reasons not to believe Paul, but Mt 7:15-23 makes it clear that Paul is a false prophet, and therefore, the canon of the harlot church (Rev 17:15), is a compilation of the seeds of the tares and of the good seed. (Mt 13:37-38)

Yeshua's message was to do unto others as you would have them do to yourself, which is in compliance with the Law and the prophets. (Is 8:20) Paul's message is a the gospel of Grace, whereas it is not what you do, but what you believe. You must believe Paul's message to be saved, and it is best to just nail the Testimony of Yeshua, and the Law and the prophets to a cross.

Pauline "Christians" believe that they can be "saved" by believing in "Jesus", but that they do not have to heed his message, for it has been nailed to a cross. Yeshua's message was the Kingdom of God, and not a gospel of the cross, nor the gospel of Grace. All will be judged by their deeds. (Mt 25:31-46)

willowjoy

I don't think any deity was involved in the production of the documents making up the Bible. It reads like a very human creation to me. The deity is depicted in a rather unpleasant way.

obi one

I don't think any deity was involved in the production of the documents making up the Bible. It reads like a very human creation to me. The deity is depicted in a rather unpleasant way.

Life is sometimes unpleasant. Have your ever witnessed a birth? It is a little unpleasant, but some of the time it works out.

As for the "Christian" bible, while I will agree that the seed of the tares has been mixed with the good seed, that doesn't mean you are unable winnow what is there, and digest the good and throw away the bad. Hey, you are on this forum. For every good post, you will find more than enough that are outrageously bad.

The world was created using the physical reality of opposites. You could never get the feeling of sour, if you never tasted sweet. For a stable element, you need a negative electron for every positive proton. Unstable elements exist, but not for long. They will attach themselves to other unstable elements, of an opposite charge. To understand warm, you would have to have experienced cold. Otherwise you might as well live in San Diego, and have little appreciate for how good the weather really is. If you have never experienced bad, how can you appreciate good?

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
"Inspired by" but not "dictated words of."

God works through human agency, not in spite of it.

jtartar

serioja7,
To anyone who has put much study of the Bible,there is absolutely no doubt that the MESSAGE in the Bible came from God, and was as a personal letter,written for all mankind.
There are many reasons to believe in the Holy Scriptures. One is; there are many things written in the Bible that no human on earth knew. Some things man did not know for thousands of years, such as the shape of the earth. There were all kinds of myths about the earth, and how it was made, but the Bible tells us tha it is a sphere 4,500 years ago, when Moses wrote Job, Job 26:7,10, Isa 40:22. Interesting also is the verse at Isa 26:14, which tells us that all the creation is but an edge, or frings of His wats.
In the Mosaic Law Covenant, God gave the Nation of Israel, many laws that kept the people safe from diseases, such as the laws on latrines, the laws on cleanliness, all the eating of meats. Who knew,but God that pork was very dangerous if not kept cold?? Pork was NOT to be eaten by Jews. It is even recorded in the Bible that other nations would be astounded at the Laws form God to Israel, Deut 4:6-8.
A seemingly simple thing was God having written that a rabbit chews the cud, Deut 14:7,8. For thousands of years many critics of the Bible said that this was an error, that the hare does not chew the cud. Only in the middle of the 19th century did scientists find that the hare does ched the cud. WHO KNEW???
Of all the things that prove that the Bible is difinitely the word of God, is PROPHECY. Man cannot prophesy completely accurrate for one minute in the future, but The Bible is almost one third prophecy. Every single one of the prophecies came true at exactly the time written, or they are being fulfilled NOW.
The BOOK of Daniel is almost all prophecy. Most were not understood at the time of writing, but after they were fulfilled it was easy to see exactly how the fulfillment took place. The second chapter of Daniel was not understood until the 20th century, when much of the prophecy was fulfilled. The hugh image stands for the World Powers Babylon, medes and Persions, Greece, Rome, and the Anglo-American world power. The world power that is The United States and Britain is to be the LAST human rule. God's Kingdom will soon crush these kingdoms and put in a Kingdom that will last forever, Dan 2:44.
The Fourth chapter of Daniel, apeaking about the great tree that was to be cut down and banded, was a prophecy about the end of God's rule over mankind as a Theocracy, in 607BC and then the re-estabolishment of that Kingdom agani, with Jesus as the King of this Kingdom. This was fulfilled in 1914, a period of 2,520 years from the time of 607BC. These were a period of seven times. Only in the 20th century was this accurrately understood.
The prophecies about the conquering of Babylon were so exact that some people tried to tell others that they were actually written after the fall of Babylon.
The fact is; no human can predict the future, but God has unfailingly prophesied and also caused the prophecies to be fulfilled.
We, living today are eyewitnesses of prophecies being fulfilled. The 24 chapter of Matthew, 13 chapter of Mark and Luke 21 are many about today. 2Tim 3:1-7. Much of the first chapter of Romans tells about the conditions of today. The end of this system is very near. Only a very few prophecies are yet to be fulfilled and these can come true very quickly. Revelation chapter 13, is very telling about the time we are living in.

sojourner

Yeshua's testimony is the "Word of God" (John 3:34,Rev 19:10) per the testimony of Yeshua. Paul's word is prophetic, according to Paul and the "harlot" church. I believe Yeshua, but then again, I don't believe Paul. There are many reasons not to believe Paul, but Mt 7:15-23 makes it clear that Paul is a false prophet, and therefore, the canon of the harlot church (Rev 17:15), is a compilation of the seeds of the tares and of the good seed. (Mt 13:37-38)
by your inclusion of it here, you don't have a good grasp of what Matthew is getting at.
Yeshua's message was to do unto others as you would have them do to yourself, which is in compliance with the Law and the prophets. (Is 8:20) Paul's message is a the gospel of Grace, whereas it is not what you do, but what you believe. You must believe Paul's message to be saved, and it is best to just nail the Testimony of Yeshua, and the Law and the prophets to a cross.
That's not what Paul says. Paul says, in his letter to the Romans, that we are saved through the faith of Christ. In other words, it is his work of faith that saves us -- not our work of faith in him that saves us.
Pauline "Christians" believe that they can be "saved" by believing in "Jesus", but that they do not have to heed his message, for it has been nailed to a cross. Yeshua's message was the Kingdom of God, and not a gospel of the cross, nor the gospel of Grace. All will be judged by their deeds. (Mt 25:31-46)
Nope.

Your gun sights are waaay off.

serioja7

serioja7,
To anyone who has put much study of the Bible,there is absolutely no doubt that the MESSAGE in the Bible came from God, and was as a personal letter,written for all mankind.
There are many reasons to believe in the Holy Scriptures. One is; there are many things written in the Bible that no human on earth knew. Some things man did not know for thousands of years, such as the shape of the earth. There were all kinds of myths about the earth, and how it was made, but the Bible tells us tha it is a sphere 4,500 years ago, when Moses wrote Job, Job 26:7,10, Isa 40:22. Interesting also is the verse at Isa 26:14, which tells us that all the creation is but an edge, or frings of His wats.
In the Mosaic Law Covenant, God gave the Nation of Israel, many laws that kept the people safe from diseases, such as the laws on latrines, the laws on cleanliness, all the eating of meats. Who knew,but God that pork was very dangerous if not kept cold?? Pork was NOT to be eaten by Jews. It is even recorded in the Bible that other nations would be astounded at the Laws form God to Israel, Deut 4:6-8.
A seemingly simple thing was God having written that a rabbit chews the cud, Deut 14:7,8. For thousands of years many critics of the Bible said that this was an error, that the hare does not chew the cud. Only in the middle of the 19th century did scientists find that the hare does ched the cud. WHO KNEW???
Of all the things that prove that the Bible is difinitely the word of God, is PROPHECY. Man cannot prophesy completely accurrate for one minute in the future, but The Bible is almost one third prophecy. Every single one of the prophecies came true at exactly the time written, or they are being fulfilled NOW.
The BOOK of Daniel is almost all prophecy. Most were not understood at the time of writing, but after they were fulfilled it was easy to see exactly how the fulfillment took place. The second chapter of Daniel was not understood until the 20th century, when much of the prophecy was fulfilled. The hugh image stands for the World Powers Babylon, medes and Persions, Greece, Rome, and the Anglo-American world power. The world power that is The United States and Britain is to be the LAST human rule. God's Kingdom will soon crush these kingdoms and put in a Kingdom that will last forever, Dan 2:44.
The Fourth chapter of Daniel, apeaking about the great tree that was to be cut down and banded, was a prophecy about the end of God's rule over mankind as a Theocracy, in 607BC and then the re-estabolishment of that Kingdom agani, with Jesus as the King of this Kingdom. This was fulfilled in 1914, a period of 2,520 years from the time of 607BC. These were a period of seven times. Only in the 20th century was this accurrately understood.
The prophecies about the conquering of Babylon were so exact that some people tried to tell others that they were actually written after the fall of Babylon.
The fact is; no human can predict the future, but God has unfailingly prophesied and also caused the prophecies to be fulfilled.
We, living today are eyewitnesses of prophecies being fulfilled. The 24 chapter of Matthew, 13 chapter of Mark and Luke 21 are many about today. 2Tim 3:1-7. Much of the first chapter of Romans tells about the conditions of today. The end of this system is very near. Only a very few prophecies are yet to be fulfilled and these can come true very quickly. Revelation chapter 13, is very telling about the time we are living in.

Good points!!!

sojourner

serioja7,
A naive perspective, born out of an eisegetical treatment of the texts.

RubyEyes

Truth Seeker
Actually, I believe the Bible is a book (or a collection of books) written by men and modified by them too. Think about the old Popes who selected the texts that would be official and the ones that would not.

However, it talks about things related to God, so in this sense I would admit some parts are 'inspired'. For example, when it talks about Jesus, and it quotes Jesus, that is God doing the talking. It tells his history, too, for example, so that is about God too. Other parts are myths, or simply historical events narrated through the view of one particular civilization. I would encourage not to take this literally, but to be more autonomous in this sense.

obi one

Actually, I believe the Bible is a book (or a collection of books) written by men and modified by them too. Think about the old Popes who selected the texts that would be official and the ones that would not.

However, it talks about things related to God, so in this sense I would admit some parts are 'inspired'. For example, when it talks about Jesus, and it quotes Jesus, that is God doing the talking. It tells his history, too, for example, so that is about God too. Other parts are myths, or simply historical events narrated through the view of one particular civilization. I would encourage not to take this literally, but to be more autonomous in this sense.

Actually the cannon of the bible was originally put together by the bishop of Alexandria, Athanasius. To me, a kind of a nefarious character, who rejoiced when Arius, an antagonist with respect to the Trinity doctrine, died a mysterious painful death.

RubyEyes

Truth Seeker
Actually the cannon of the bible was originally put together by the bishop of Alexandria, Athanasius. To me, a kind of a nefarious character, who rejoiced when Arius, an antagonist with respect to the Trinity doctrine, died a mysterious painful death.
Since a discusion about canon isn't my goal, I admit "old Popes" was vague. Yes, you're right. However, after that the situation gets more complex, depending on denomination and further revisions (see this table).

sojourner

He was one. There were others, too.

obi one

So you're implying it was ordered by him indeed?

I am just trying to be realistic. Not only was Arius excommunicated and thrown out of the country by Constantine because of Athanasius stance, but Athanasius was booted by Constantine's son, because of Arius's stance. Unnatural death was part of politics. Look at the untimely death of Constantine family members when they seemed to be a threat to Constantine. That is how politics sometimes works. There is no evidence as to the source of Arius death, just as there is no evidence as to 50 suspicious deaths surrounding the election of Bill Clinton. People line up on both sides of the controversy.
snopes.com: The Clinton Body Count

I am saying that you just need to keep an open mind. According to the Anthanasius creed, a fundamental Catholic creed, whole segments of the world, including "Christians", such as Utah Mormons, will "perish everlastingly". Quote: " Which faith except every one do keep whole and undefiled, without doubt he shall perish everlastingly. " Athanasian Creed

What better way to save the world than to kill the supposed heretic Arius.
Lennin was supposedly saving the world. Mao was supposedly saving the world. Yet millions of deaths occur when individuals take upon themselves to "save" the world. Obama is supposedly saving the world from the 1%. His death toll is yet to be determined. How many people did the Catholic Inquisition kill, all trying to save the world and preserve their doctines, the Trininity doctrine being the foremost item in the Athanasius creed.

Doctrines are the work of men, and lead to death. (Proverbs 14:12)

RubyEyes

Truth Seeker
I am just trying to be realistic

[...]

I am saying that you just need to keep an open mind.
Yes, you are certainly correct. I wasn't taking any stance actually, just wanted more information. I agree open-mindedness is always positive. As I said, the Bible is written by men and as such it involves human actions which can be good and not so good.