• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bible Alone.. For Catholic's

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Eastern Orthodox wasn't a church at the time? (I think Pope Urban might disagree with you)
Of course it was. The Roman and Eastern churches share a heritage. The Great Schism between East and West occurred in 1054, making the two completely separate judicatories.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
The teachings of the RC Church should not disagree with the Bible however.
I would also say that the teachings of the RC Church should not add to the teachings of the Bible.
I would say that the scriptures came along before there was any RC Church.
First of all, the Bible was never conceived to be the complete corpus of Christian teaching. It was merely “the collection of stuff that’s ok to read in church.” There would be, by necessity, other teachings added. That’s the way it was supposed to be. The Apostles — not the Bible — is where the buck stops authority-wise.

Second, it was the church that wrote the Greek texts. The earliest text we have is 1 Thess, and it was written about 48 CE. The church existed almost 50 years without any written texts of its own — and those early texts were just letters — apostolic teachings. They weren’t as scripture. They were considered scripture and added to the canon, which was closed about the year 450. So the church existed before the Bible.

Dogknox20

First of all, the Bible was never conceived to be the complete corpus of Christian teaching. It was merely “the collection of stuff that’s ok to read in church.” There would be, by necessity, other teachings added. That’s the way it was supposed to be. The Apostles — not the Bible — is where the buck stops authority-wise.

Second, it was the church that wrote the Greek texts. The earliest text we have is 1 Thess, and it was written about 48 CE. The church existed almost 50 years without any written texts of its own — and those early texts were just letters — apostolic teachings. They weren’t as scripture. They were considered scripture and added to the canon, which was closed about the year 450. So the church existed before the Bible.

sojourner I hope all is well...
I add scriptures also make the point Acts 17:11 tells us Berean Jews were of more noble because they rejected Scriptures ALONE!
11 Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

sojourner Those in Thessalonica were Less Noble because they believed in "Scriptures ALONE"! Their excuse when they stand in judgement is: They don't have written in their Old Testament "Listen to the Church" as we have in our New Testament! The people who started the de-Formation, the great protest will have NO excuse when they stand in judgement they had "Listen to the Church" written in their scriptures, they are not even less noble they are Ignoble!

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
The Church came before the Bible! If the Holy Spirit (God) helped in the making of the Bible don't you think the Holy Spirit would not also stick around and help INTERPRET the same scriptures!
The Holy Spirit only dwells in real believers, not in corrupt organizations.

Dogknox20

No, that's what the Catholic church did. Where are indulgences in scripture? They don't exist!
Catechism of the Catholic Church,
“An indulgence is obtained through the Church who, by virtue of the power of binding and loosing granted her by Christ Jesus, intervenes in favor of individual Christians and opens for them the treasury of the merits of Christ and the saints to obtain from the Father of mercies the remission of the temporal punishment due for their sins.

Wildswanderer What you bind on earth is bound in heaven! This AUTHORITY was granted by Jesus to his One Holy Catholic Apostolic Church that he established on ROCK! For 2000 years the Body of Jesus has stood strong 2.2 Billion Catholics!
AND....Not everything is written in the scriptures!

Teach them to do everything I have commanded you. “And remember that I am always with you until the end of time.”

AND..... God is guiding his Church FOREVER!
John 14:16
And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever

AND.. God is guiding the ONLY Church Jesus is ALWAYS WITH into All Truth!
John 16:13
But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

Wildswanderer the Church you reject is "The Body of Jesus"!
All protestors MUST reject the scriptures to reject the One Holy Catholic Apostolic Church established On ROCK.. The Body of Jesus! All in the de-Formation; all Protestants MUST reject the scriptures to think Jesus failed and that they MUST re-Build the Church Jesus lost!

Dogknox20

The Holy Spirit only dwells in real believers, not in corrupt organizations.
Wildswanderer I cannot agree more!

There can only be One Truth 2+2=4! There is ONLY one Church that Jesus established on ROCK not on Sand! There is Only One Church with roots going back 2000 years to the Apostles "Apostolic"!
All others MUST reject the scriptures to think the Church; the Body of Jesus fell!
All others are Man made.. All others thousands and thousands of these man made Church claim to have the only scriptural truth BUT...
Wildswanderer
but even two of these thousands believe the same things! Proving beyond all doubt.. They are lies!

Dogknox20

Worship of Mary, praying to people, baptizing babies, indulgences, and works religion.
Catholics "HONOR" Mary as Blessed... as the ten commands tell us! HONOR your father And MOTHER!
Jesus MUST Honor Mary his Mother it is COMMANDED! If Jesus did NOT honor Mary he would be sinning Jesus would then NOT be perfect he would NOT be God! Jesus honor Mary his Mother in a way ONLY a God could!
A great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head.

Scriptures are clear.. This is Scripture Prophesy!
Luke 1:46 And Mary said:
“My soul glorifies the Lord
47 and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,
48 for he has been mindful
of the humble state of his servant.
From now on all generations will call me blessed,
49 for the Mighty One has done great things for me—
holy is his name.
50 His mercy extends to those who fear him,
from generation to generation

Wildswanderer the "From Now On" tells you that from the time Mary made this Prophesy; Christians will always Honor her as Blessed! ONLY...

Wildswanderer
only the Catholic can say; "Yes we Catholic's have ALWAYS honored our Mother as Blessed" PROVING we are in her family, we are in the "GENERATIONS belonging to her"!

I am IN the Body of Jesus the One Holy Catholic Apostolic Church thus Mary is also "My Mother"! Before a man gains the title Father a Mother must give birth. Mary is My mother thus God is my Father. Jesus is My Brother thus God is my Father, Jesus is my Brother thus Mary is also My Mother! I am in God' holy Family..
Question WHO is your Mother?
Wildswanderer Can't claim God as your father if you do NOT have a mother!

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
“An indulgence is obtained through the Church who, by virtue of the power of binding and loosing granted her by Christ Jesus, intervenes in favor of individual Christians and opens for them the treasury of the merits of Christ and the saints to obtain from the Father of mercies the remission of the temporal punishment due for their sins.
What a load of malarkey. There is nothing in scripture about paying money to get your loved ones out of purgatory no matter how they try to twist God's word.

Dogknox20

What a load of malarkey. There is nothing in scripture about paying money to get your loved ones out of purgatory no matter how they try to twist God's word.

There is NOTHING in the scriptures that say the opposite! The ONLY Church Jesus established has all of God' AUTHORITY to "BIND" or to :LOOSE"!
The Church being the Body of Jesus has the authority to help people to be sanctified after death! There is NO Sin in heaven all sins must be purged before a soul can enter heaven!

LOOK... A person dies with a small sin "A sin that does not lead to death" they still have to be sanctified before they can enter heaven!
1 John 5:16
If you see any brother or sister commit a sin that does not lead to death, you should pray and God will give them life. I refer to those whose sin does not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying that you should pray about that.

Wildswanderer they are NOT dead so they are NOT Satan's child! "A sin that does not lead to death" What to do...? You PRAY and God will give them life!
Prayer, Almas Giving and Fasting are all the same thing all are a way to offer to God your sacrifice!

Dogknox20

This isn't even about Mary.

Wildswandere don't stop there If it is NOT about Mary whom is it about????

A great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head.
2 She was pregnant and cried out in pain as she was about to give birth.

WHO is God talking about??

The dragon stood in front of the woman who was about to give birth, so that it might devour her child the moment he was born. 5 She gave birth to a son, a male child, who “will rule all the nations with an iron scepter.” And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne. 6 The woman fled into the wilderness to a place prepared for her by God, where she might be taken care of for 1,260 days.

Wildswandere WHO is God talking about??

Dogknox20

Wildswanderer I expected as much from you!

IF...
If you were a Child of God. Jesus would be your Brother; IF Mary was your Mother; Jesus would logically be your brother! FACT: The Mother of Jesus is Mary!

God got the title "Father" only when Mary gave birth to Jesus!
The Word got the title "SON" when Mary Gave birth to Jesus!
FACT: The Mother of Jesus is Mary! The Mother of the Body of Jesus is Mary! Mary is the Mother of the CHURCH, the body of Jesus!
IF You were in Mary's family, if you were in all the generations that Honor her as Blessed you would be able to Call Jesus brother!

Honor your Father & Mother does NOT apply to you because Mary clearly is NOT your mother proven by your refusal to honor Mary!
"Honor your Father AND Mother"! Mary is clearly NOT your mother thus Jesus is NOT your brother!
Wildswanderer It is just this simple... Jesus is NOT your brother thus God cannot be your father!

The Scripture Prophesy holds true ONLY with the Body of Jesus.. The One Holy Catholic Apostolic Church; that Jesus that did NOT build on sand but on ROCK is the Adopted Child of Mary!
Mary adopted the Church mush the same way "God the Father Adopts all baptized!" God has ONLY one Son I am his ADOPTED Child because "I am IN (IMMERSED) Jesus!"!
Catholics Honor Mary our Mother because it is Commanded by God! For 2000 years Catholic have "Honored Mary as blessed"!

for he has been mindful
From now on all generations will call me blessed

Last edited:

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
There is NOTHING in the scriptures that say the opposite!
First purgatory isn't real. It's nowhere in the Bible.

Purgatory after death flies in the face of many clear statements in the Bible that there are only two places that one will end up in after death: either in heaven with the Lord (2 Corinthians 5:8; Philippians 1:21-23; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18) or in hell in torment (Luke 16:23-24; Revelation. 20:10-15). The Bible does not say that after death comes "further purification"; it says, "It is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment" (Hebrews 9:28).

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Wildswandere don't stop there If it is NOT about Mary whom is it about????

2 She was pregnant and cried out in pain as she was about to give birth.

WHO is God talking about??

The dragon stood in front of the woman who was about to give birth, so that it might devour her child the moment he was born. 5 She gave birth to a son, a male child, who “will rule all the nations with an iron scepter.” And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne. 6 The woman fled into the wilderness to a place prepared for her by God, where she might be taken care of for 1,260 days.

Wildswandere WHO is God talking about??
The woman symbolizes Israel, the dragon is Satan, and the male child is Jesus.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Wildswanderer I expected as much from you!

IF...
If you were a Child of God. Jesus would be your Brother; IF Mary was your Mother; Jesus would logically be your brother! FACT: The Mother of Jesus is Mary!

God got the title "Father" only when Mary gave birth to Jesus!
The Word got the title "SON" when Mary Gave birth to Jesus!
FACT: The Mother of Jesus is Mary! The Mother of the Body of Jesus is Mary! Mary is the Mother of the CHURCH, the body of Jesus!
IF You were in Mary's family, if you were in all the generations that Honor her as Blessed you would be able to Call Jesus brother!

Honor your Father & Mother does NOT apply to you because Mary clearly is NOT your mother proven by your refusal to honor Mary!
"Honor your Father AND Mother"! Mary is clearly NOT your mother thus Jesus is NOT your brother!
Wildswanderer It is just this simple... Jesus is NOT your brother thus God cannot be your father!

The Scripture Prophesy holds true ONLY with the Body of Jesus.. The One Holy Catholic Apostolic Church; that Jesus that did NOT build on sand but on ROCK is the Adopted Child of Mary!
Mary adopted the Church mush the same way "God the Father Adopts all baptized!" God has ONLY one Son I am his ADOPTED Child because "I am IN (IMMERSED) Jesus!"!
Catholics Honor Mary our Mother because it is Commanded by God! For 2000 years Catholic have "Honored Mary as blessed"!

for he has been mindful
From now on all generations will call me blessed
Honor and worship or veneration are different things. We should respect Mary as a good person, but she was a sinner in need of grace like everyone. God has no mother.
Mary was just the earthly vessel who carried the human form of Jesus. She didn't birth God, he always was.

firedragon

Veteran Member
History cannot be changed... Christians have ALWAYS taught "Jesus is God"!
firedragon The scriptures tell you Jesus is God.. You are like all others who reject Jesus they also reject the scriptures!
History cannot be changed...For 600 years before Mohammad; Christians have taught "Jesus is God" they also taught "Jesus rose from the dead!"

The Christian teaches "God is LOVE!" We are the Children of God!
Islam teaches "God is MASTER!" the Muslim is SERVENT!

The Muslim has a different god then the Christian! Christians call "God FATHER!" Because we are IMMERSED (ADDED) to the risen Body of God' ONLY Son we are thus God' Children!
God adopts all Christians into his holy family that have been ADDED to the risen can't die body of Jesus! I am not afraid to say "Abba" To my God!

firedragon I cannot change history & you can not change history.. Try as you might... Just like a dog barking up a dead dogs ssa the dog still will not get up! You change nothing!
Facts remain... My God is LOVE as the scriptures tll you!
Your god is Master "An eye for an eye a tooth for a tooth"! Your god is a different god.
Satan hates LOVE he hates Jesus! The Anti-Christ would never be Anti-Islam!

Kill People Who Don’t Listen to Priests

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12)

Kill Witches

You should not let a sorceress live. (Exodus 22:17)

Kill Homosexuals
“If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abomile deed; they have forfeited their lives.” (Leviticus 20:13)

Kill Fortunetellers

A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. (Leviticus 20:27)

Death for Hitting Dad

Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death. (Exodus 21:15)

Death for Cursing Parents

1) If one curses his father or mother, his lamp will go out at the coming of darkness. (Proverbs 20:20)

2) All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense. (Leviticus 20:9)

Death for Adultery

If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10)

Death for Fornication

A priest’s daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. (Leviticus 21:9 )

Death to Followers of Other Religions

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 )

Kill Nonbelievers

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 )

Kill False Prophets

If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, “You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord.” When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through. (Zechariah 13:3 )

Kill the Entire Town if One Person Worships Another God

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. “The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him.” (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 )

Kill Women Who Are Not Virgins On Their Wedding Night

But if this charge is true (that she wasn’t a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father’s house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst. (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 )