• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bhakti Yoga

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
To be a Bhakta is to be truly blessed, where ever I go I know love is sure to follow.
A small correction, Kalidas - wherever I go, the 'ishta' is always with me. It is an inseparable relationship like Andal said.

'Sakhi, main to Giridhar ke rang raachi' (Friend, I have been dyed in the colors of Gridhar Krishna)
Sakhi Main Giridhar Ke Rang Raachi - Smt. Savitri Savneri - YouTube
The refrain is that since I have been dyed black (Shyama), it will not take any other color.

Last edited:

Kalidas

A small correction, Kalidas - wherever I go, the 'ishta' is always with me. It is an inseparable relationship.

'Main to Giridhar ke rang ranchi' (I have been dyed in the colors of Gridhar Krishna)
watch

Oh thanks for that, yes no following.

Speaking on this have any of you experienced something where God(no matter what form) is there when your about to do or think something bad, and you justs top like "oh yeah."

Here is an example: I don't tend to say mean things to people but I will think them. As in I will almost NEVER call someone an idiot but you can believe I'm thinking it. I have noticed though that if I start thinking something not nice about someone she just kind of invades my thoughts, and I stop,and I think "oh yeah right, not cool."

Just curious if this happens to other people.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Speaking on this have any of you experienced something where God(no matter what form) is there when your about to do or think something bad, and you just top like "oh yeah."
In my 'prapatti' days, nothing bad could happen. All that happened was because of the will of God/Goddess, and he/she knew the reason. Why should I care? My favorite saying was 'that I have given all my worries to the 'ishta' (Rama/Krishna' in my case), and reserved all fun for myself'. This was the distribution of happenings between us. Worries, let them go to 'ishta'; fun, let it come to me. Bad, why think of that or like that? Many people are ignorant, why get angry at them? That kept me calm and cheerful in my student advising days.

Last edited:

Stormcry

The main difference between Advaitian Bhakta and Dvaitian Bhakta is that Advaitian surrenders everything including his consciousness itself. He says my consciousness is you alone. You alone are everything. I know without pride of I and me, I'm yourself. By Jivabhava I'm your servant but by Tattva I'm you and you are me"

On the other hand, Dvaitian says " I wanna enjoy with you with my separate consciousness. I think this is none other than the pride. Because desiring something as separate is always a pride. There's always I in such devotees. But for advaitians there's no I. For them Everything is god, Brahman, where's not any second entity. The bondage is nothing but thinking the self as something different from Brahman. But who doesn't is Brahman itself. This is the essenceof veda.

Last edited:

atanu

Premium Member
So first what is Bhakti yoga? Well I don't know as much as others (like Vinayaka, Ratikala, Shivafan, or Poeticus) but I know a bit. It is the act(that's the yoga part ;) )of being a devoted individual to one or more God(s).

I find bhakti to be exceptionally useful for living a good life. ......

Are Christians or Muslims less devout? Surely most Muslims are more devout than most other spiritual persons of any other school? Why are many of them such fundamentalists?

Due to certain reason, we fail to enquire as to what bhakti actually means.

Bhakti is antonym of Vibhakti. Bhakta is antonym of Vibhakta, which means divided or separated.

Stormcry

Bhakti is antonym of Vibhakti. Bhakta is antonym of Vibhakta, which means divided or separated.

Thanks for this ! Bhakta and Bhagavan are perfectly united with with each other. The beauty of devotion is in the oneness. Because when there's second there's fear. That's why Gopis used to feel fear and jealousy when Krishna was not in front of their eyes. :) In 85th chapter of 10th canto of Bhagavata, it's written that gopis got united with Krishna after hearing a discourse of Brahman from Shri Krishna himself. You know whatever mind thinks , becomes that thing itself. Thus who meditates on Vishnu becomes Vishnu himself. That's the secret of meditating on Ishwara of Brahman. This is the reason why false self becomes true self.

Last edited:

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskaram Hinduism♥Krishna ji

Hinduism♥Krishna;3813342 said:
The main difference between Advaitian Bhakta and Dvaitian Bhakta is that Advaitian surrenders everything including his consciousness itself. He says my consciousness is you alone. You alone are everything. I know without pride of I and me, I'm yourself. By Jivabhava I'm your servant but by Tattva I'm you and you are me".

On the other hand, Dvaitian says " I wanna enjoy with you with my separate consciousness. I think this is none other than the pride. Because desiring something as separate is always a pride. There's always I in such devotees. But for advaitians there's no I. For them Everything is god, Brahman, where's not any second entity. The bondage is nothing but thinking the self as something different from Brahman. But who doesn't is Brahman itself. This is the essence of veda.

you may think this , ....but the true Dvaitin may rejoice in knowledge of the supreme but he never thinks himself the enjoyer , he thinks himself the servitor .

it is not pride , in that state of seperation he is humbled in the presence of the supreme , ... the supreme is the sole enjoyer .

Stormcry

Pranam dear Ratikala....

you may think this , ....but the true Dvaitin may rejoice in knowledge of the supreme but he never thinks himself the enjoyer

Duality is the essential aspect of Enjoyer and Enjoying. Where's there's no duality, there's no things like enjoining and enjoyer. It's the perfect place, wherein there's a unification of enjoyer, Enjoying and Joy. This is the supreme abode of Vishnu, which is known as Ekmevadvitiya by Vedantists. Bhagavata Purana 12.5.11 declares that supreme absolute abode is the Atma alone. This Jiva itself is Brahman.

Shuka says to Parik****a:

" You yourself are That Brahman. You alone are that Supreme Absolute abode .. Seeing this cautiously you should fix your self in that undivided Atma " ( Bhagavata purana 12.5.11 )

it is not pride , in that state of seperation he is humbled in the presence of the supreme , ... the supreme is the sole enjoyer .

I call it pure pride as it's related to Bhagavan himself.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Hinduism♥Krishna;3814270 said:
Pranam dear Ratikala....

Duality is the essential aspect of Enjoyer and Enjoying. Where's there's no duality, there's no things like enjoining and enjoyer. It's the perfect place, wherein there's a unification of enjoyer, Enjoying and Joy. This is the supreme abode of Vishnu, which is known as Ekmevadvitiya by Vedantists. Bhagavata Purana 12.5.11 declares that supreme absolute abode is the Atma alone. This Jiva itself is Brahman.

" You yourself are That Brahman. You alone are that Supreme Absolute abode .. Seeing this cautiously you should fix your self in that undivided Atma " ( Bhagavata purana 12.5.11 )

I call it pure pride as it's related to Bhagavan himself.

Where are you getting these translations from?

Srimad Bhagavatam: Canto 12 - Chapter 5

Stormcry

Where are you getting these translations from?

Srimad Bhagavatam: Canto 12 - Chapter 5

अहं ब्रह्म परं धाम ब्रह्माहं परमं पदम् ।
एवं समीक्ष्य चात्मानं आत्मन्याधाय निष्कले

अहं - I , ब्रह्म - bramhan , परं - absolute , ब्रह्माहं - I am bramhan , परमं पदम् -absolute abode , एवं - in this way , समीक्ष्य - with caution , चात्मानं - self , आत्मन्याधाय - FIXING IN ATMA , निष्कले - undivided

: " I'm that Brahman. I'm that supreme absolute abode, seeing/thinking in this way cautiously you should fix your self in that undivided Atma"

Last edited:

Stormcry

Namaste Poeticus, I've given the unbiased translation in #31 post.

Vedabase has been created by Gaudiya and most of them are non-hindus having no vedic family background . According to my study on their translations, they aren't authentic and honest at all. Sanskrit Students know this well. :)

Last edited:

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Hinduism♥Krishna;3814286 said:
Namaste Poeticus, I've given the unbiased translation in #31 post.

Vedabase has been created by Gaudiya. According to my study on their translations, they aren't authentic and honest at all. Sanskrit Students know this well. :)

Pranam,

I do not know if Madhuri's link was of Gaudiya orientation,
but I found your translation (and thank you a thousand fold
for putting up the verse in Sanskrit) very balanced, many
times better than anything I could have come up with.

Here is a Gujarati folk song that you might really enjoy,
celebrating Lord Krishna, Scion of the Yadava-s (I actually
came across it from Ratiben who posted it in another thread
many, many months ago), sung by the resplendent Hemant
Chauhan:​

YouTube[youtube]XD6IzTMOEi0[/youtube]​

Last edited:

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskara poeticus ji

1. Go to: Srimad Bhagavatam: Canto 12 - Chapter 5
2. Click on Frontpage at the top.
3. Click on Devotees on the left.
4. Scroll down slowly to Individual sites of devotees.
5. Click on Prithu das Adhikâri : Jezus and Krishna.​
Credibility of link in step #1 ... lost.​

did you actualy read the article jezus and Krishna ? ....I would actualy like to hear Jainarayana 's thoughts on it as we we vaguely touched on some points raised here and also concidering he is more qualified to coment on some of the details put forward , it would be good to take this into concideration before we dismiss the author or use it to discredit an entire site ?

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
namaskara poeticus ji

did you actualy read the article jezus and Krishna ? ....I would actualy like to hear Jainarayana 's thoughts on it as we we vaguely touched on some points raised here and also concidering he is more qualified to coment on some of the details put forward , it would be good to take this into concideration before we dismiss the author or use it to discredit an entire site ?

... The dismissing is simply based on the fact that there exists no valid pramANa supporting a correlation between the two.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
namaskara poeticus ji

You've got mail. ;) I won't post it here, but if anyone would like to discuss it in Comparative Religion, I'm up for it.

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskaram poeticus ji

... The dismissing is simply based on the fact that there exists no valid pramANa supporting a correlation between the two.

pranama's prabhu ji , ... pranama's ....this is a Bhakti thread , ...there is no dismissing on the strength of what can or cant be found in books , but more relyance upon what can be diserned in the heart ...

and more singing dancing and bhajans ....
[youtube]BJ-KdOaeArA[/youtube]

jai radhe shyam

ratikala

Istha gosthi
and just al beautiful little hanuman ji to lighten the mood and warm the heart ...
[youtube]/eQa2MoDaUF0[/youtube]

jai jai hanuman ji