• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

best friends

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
not sure myself but best guess is that he is eating the frozen mice that had previously been his main food source.... or he isn't hungry... yet.

in the meantime they are quite a cute couple. :cool:

wa:do

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I predict that Gohan will someday live up to his name. I doubt if reptiles are psychically capable of love or compassion.
No criticism of reptiles intended. It is just a matter of neuro-anatomy. The structures associated with altruism and friendship simply aren't there.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
painted wolf said:
Aochan and Gohan are the best of friends... much to the suprize of thier keepers.
Aochan is a rat snake... Gohan the hamster was to be his meal.
Instead they are now inseperable pals... Gohan even sleeps on top of his scaly would-be predator.:bounce

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4627950.stm
Oh, that is absolutely awesome! I love it! That's got to beat the idea of the lamb and the lion lying down together. ;)

Aqualung

Tasty
Seyorni said:
I predict that Gohan will someday live up to his name. I doubt if reptiles are psychically capable of love or compassion.
No criticism of reptiles intended. It is just a matter of neuro-anatomy. The structures associated with altruism and friendship simply aren't there.
I don't think it's love; I think it's familiarity. I think the snake will recognize the familiarity of the hampster that he now has, and won't eat it.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
painted wolf said:
hmm... might want to talk to Croc-mom's about that. ;)

wa:do
Not only crocs -- you don't want to stumble on a king cobra nest either! :eek:

I don't know if these parenting behaviors can be equated with compassion or interspecial altruism, though. They're instinctive, selfish-gene reproductive strategies.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Seyorni said:
Not only crocs -- you don't want to stumble on a king cobra nest either! :eek:

I don't know if these parenting behaviors can be equated with compassion or interspecial altruism, though. They're instinctive, selfish-gene reproductive strategies.
Spoilsport!:D