• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best anti-Virus program ever!

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
It's from Avast - it's free, at least for now, and has one of the highest user approval ratings on download.com.

You can download it here:
http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html

And register it here:
http://www.avast.com/i_kat_207.php

The program works for 60 days without registration, which is free. When you register, you get a one-year license key. When the year is up, you simply request another license key. I assume this the process just in case they decide to stop giving their home (non-commercial use) editions away for free, they don't want anyone remaining with a free ride for more than a year?

The program is slow doing full-system scans, very detailed (it found three trojans on my computer, and I'm a fanatic about proxy servers, firewalls, masked everything, anti-virus, etc) - but it's active protection uses barely any of the computer's power. It scans just about everything you do, even browsing RF - hahaha - without causing the computer to strain or slow down at all.

When you install it and reboot, that first time takes forever - but it's fine after that.

That's it, just though I'd share! :) Xox

sparc872

The best anti-virus program is linux :) I just switched over to ubuntu linux from windows xp and have not looked back since. Check it out at ubuntu.com or ubuntuforums.org

lizskid

BANNED
Click on my link and download the newer version!!!! This happens every two years or so, but updates are given automatically daily in between full new versions!

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
lizskid said:
Click on my link and download the newer version!!!! This happens every two years or so, but updates are given automatically daily in between full new versions!

Uggh... I went on a big anti-Virus hunt for nothing. LOL

But I still like Avast better, so I'll keep it. It found things AVG didn't find for me.

Tiberius

AVG will be releasing a new version of its free antivirus program when the current version expires.

Mavrikmind

I use Avast as well, I liked it alot better than AVG. As Djamila said, Avast picked up some things that AVG did not *Shrugs