• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bernie Sanders Running for US President

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Sanders silenced.....

If Sanders can't deal more effectively with a handful of nut jobs in Seattle, who would want him for President?

He will be expected to deal with Putin, Wall Street, the Zionists, the GOP, Iran, Big Oil, etc. He should stay in Vermont, because he can't do what is needed when it is needed.

Tom

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If Sanders can't deal more effectively with a handful of nut jobs in Seattle, who would want him for President?

He will be expected to deal with Putin, Wall Street, the Zionists, the GOP, Iran, Big Oil, etc. He should stay in Vermont, because he can't do what is needed when it is needed.

Tom
I don't see his response to those bozos as significant.

Politesse

Amor Vincit Omnia
Dunno what else he would have done. They were out to disrupt, not talk. So let them disrupt.

What would you do, send in the police? Not really a good idea. This group is shooting themselves in the foot and doing nothing to really stop Sanders' campaign; he's not even on their turf anymore, and they are catching hella flack from their allies.

Last edited:

dust1n

Zindīq

Tom

He could effectively avoid the problem like Hillary by charging $2700 a ticket.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn

Exactly.
As much as I dislike a great deal about Hillzilla, she is effective. She gets things done, as opposed to talking about it.
She won't put up or give in to crap, either from the "Big Mike" fan club of Only Black Lives Matter or the Republican party. She is a powerful person. So while I disagree with her about a ton of stuff, I believe she is better able to keep her campaign promises than most politicians.
Tom

Politesse

Amor Vincit Omnia
Absolute (and embarrassingly thoughtless) nonsense.
You think? I don't see that they have won a whole lot of friends here. I'm all for a good bit of occupying, and I don't think they were "Wrong" to do what they did, but in a month's time they will only be remembered in relation to this incident. And Sanders will be rolling along doing however he is doing.

Indeed, I see no indication that they intended to do anything other than agitate. Here, from the horse's mouth:
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/08/mar...ttle-bernie-sanders-rally-drives-people-away/

See, she's happy to have "Started a conversation". That does not amount to hurting Sander's campaign particularly.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
You think? I don't see that they have won a whole lot of friends here.
No, you don't see, and no doubt you'd be far more accepting if only the BLM activists "new their place." For their part, and with little regard for petit-bourgeois condescension, the BLM folks are maximizing their leverage and their effect - as shown here - and, in the process, they may very well end up making the Sanders campaign even more dynamic and relevant.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Yes.
He could have dinner in a bistro with both of the supporters who could come up with $2700.
I'm sure that the security at Chez Guacamole could deal with the riff raff.
Tom

dust1n

Zindīq
Yes.
He could have dinner in a bistro with both of the supporters who could come up with $2700.
I'm sure that the security at Chez Guacamole could deal with the riff raff.
Tom

I'm sorry, still trying to figure out what Hillary has done for BLM? Or were you referring to some other things she has gotten done?

dust1n

Zindīq
No, you don't see, and no doubt you'd be far more accepting if only the BLM activists "new their place." For their part, and with little regard for petit-bourgeois condescension, the BLM folks are maximizing their leverage and their effect - as shown here - and, in the process, they may very well end up making the Sanders campaign even more dynamic and relevant.

Not that I care one way or another, but in what way has their effect been maximized? I mean, outside of newspaper articles and getting him to mention the issue more?

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Not that I care one way or another, but in what way has their effect been maximized? I mean, outside of newspaper articles and getting him to mention the issue more?
Outside of making BLM a major campaign issue among progressives,
and outside of making BLM a major campaign topic within the press,
and outside of making BLM an important topic with the Clinton and Sanders campaign,
I can't think of how they've been at all effective.​
They would have been so much better off writing writing letters to their Congressmen.

dust1n

Zindīq
Outside of making BLM a major campaign issue among progressives,
and outside of making BLM a major campaign topic within the press,
and outside of making BLM an important topic with the Clinton and Sanders campaign,
I can't think of how they've been at all effective.​
They would have been so much better off writing writing letters to their Congressmen.

Hmm, I'm just curious because I was reading this earlier today:

"Black Lives Matter wants the two women who shut down a Bernie Sanders event in Seattle on Saturday to publicly apologize to the Senator and Presidential Candidate."

http://www.politicususa.com/2015/08...ivists-publicly-apologize-bernie-sanders.html

TurkeyOnRye

Exactly.
As much as I dislike a great deal about Hillzilla, she is effective. She gets things done, as opposed to talking about it.
She won't put up or give in to crap, either from the "Big Mike" fan club of Only Black Lives Matter or the Republican party. She is a powerful person. So while I disagree with her about a ton of stuff, I believe she is better able to keep her campaign promises than most politicians.
Tom

This post runs completely contrary to what I've seen of her.

Politesse

Amor Vincit Omnia
My remarks were not aimed at BLM as a whole, which is one of the most effective campaigns of our generation by any reasonable measure... And that the Sanders campaign was likely to benefit from this incident was my whole point.

They would have "maximized their leverage" a lot more had they managed to state something coherent about why they were shutting down a Sanders event, something that got in the papers as anything other than the disruption itself (and no, that's not impossible) and had they accepted it when Sanders attempted to share, rather than surrender, the stage. You can't just steal the spotlight, you have to have a plan for what to do when you get there.

I don't know that much about American politics but I am learning. I am trying to learn with the least amount of bias as I can but this is proving more difficult that I had thought it would be. Bernie though seems like a good man. He stands up for a lot of things that America needs. From a frogein perspective America needs better healthcare system, better public transportation and better dealing with crime.